Best tasting beef

Help Support CattleToday:

My preference is a 2 yr old longhorn/angus cross. It makes a very flavorful yet lean meat. after 24months the bones are developed and they make a lot of meat with a great flavor. Just enough fat after feeding ground alfalfa with corn for 90 days. We grind alfalfa hay, corn, and add mineral in the mixer. We worm with safeguard and ivomec a week before we start feeding. This has worked for us for the past 30 years.

I was expecting this. Lol.
A lot of people I know have the same reaction , but a lot of people I know use ketchup on steak.
I have to have ketchup makes steak taste a lot better.
Then you've never had a properly prepared steak...

Or something is wrong with your taste buds... lol

Then you've never had a properly prepared steak...

Or something is wrong with your taste buds... lol

My mother owned a restaurant and she cooked good steaks, I still used ketchup.
My brother and sister-in-law own a restaurant and cook really good steak, I use ketchup.
Some of my friends have given me a hard time too about using ketchup on steak, then again some of them use ketchup.
I like ketchup.

My brother and sister-in-law own a restaurant and cook really good steak, I use ketchup.
Some of my friends have given me a hard time too about using ketchup on steak, then again some of them use ketchup.
I like ketchup.
Aack... Ptui!!! 😛

I like ketchup.
That confirms it... definitely sounds like medical condition. 😄

Welcome Insanity. You will fit in nicely! We are all a little insane in this business. Have to be to keep at it. It is going to really test us the way things are right now. Gas/diesel, DEF, fertilizer, etc.

I like ketchup.
Next, you are going to tell us that you put it on eggs too....

With a steak you have to have good meat. After that a little coarse pepper and don't burn it is all it should need. I like the crisp of being just a couple inches off charcoal. My main pit at the house is an $80 Webber that was on sale. Had a $13 pit that was a steak cooking sog at work.

Next, you are going to tell us that you put it on eggs too....
I do that. Fried eggs over medium, jalapeños, and a little whataburger spicey ketchup is a favorite breakfast of mine.

With a steak you have to have good meat. After that a little coarse pepper and don't burn it is all it should need. I like the crisp of being just a couple inches off charcoal. My main pit at the house is an $80 Webber that was on sale. Had a $13 pit that was a steak cooking sog at work.

I do that. Fried eggs over medium, jalapeños, and a little whataburger spicey ketchup is a favorite breakfast of mine.
One of my grandsons puts ketchup on eggs.
I never tried it on eggs.

Latest posts