Are you as naked as me ?

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":3889471q said:
pdfangus":3889471q said:
Wow TexasBred.

I thought I was the only one who would still admit to having a 16 gauge.....I still have my daddys old double barrel savage....heaviest gun I own.....that it why I have it....when I was big enough to hunt he bought me a 410 and then when we got to the field he told me to take the double barrel....he didn't want to say it but I finally figured out the he also didn't want to carry it and he knew I would hump it all over and never complain....he just wanted to hear his rabbit dogs run anyway and used to lean the gun up against a tree and stand there and watch em go by. I have not shot that thing in at least five years. just clean it now and then. I have not even looked for ammo for it.....always was scarcer with less selection than the 12 gauge ammo.

I sort of like the #1 buckshot load myself.....on all my scatter guns. usually try to keep some regular 2 or 3 around for varmits....

Jim I wouldn't part with that little 16 gauge for anything. First gun I ever bought with my own money.

I know what you mean, My first was a super blackhawk 44mag 7 1/2" I was 16 when I bought it.

TexasBred":23xu1ku4 said:
3waycross":23xu1ku4 said:
TexasBred":23xu1ku4 said:
I beginning to think maybe the best way to shop is to buy the ammo that is available and then buy the gun to match it. Been trying to get buckshot for 2 months and keep telling me they are back ordered.

What size and what guage?

16 gauge Remington #1

Wow maybe i could find you some "hens teeth" to go with that.. I'll check and see if there is any around here.

I saw some 16ga. buckshot last week in a gun shop. The gun shop name is Barrow Gun Shop, Butler GA 31006 (478) 862-5205
Great folks to do business with and one heck of a inventory of guns and ammo.

TexasBred":2gh1ubxu said:
I beginning to think maybe the best way to shop is to buy the ammo that is available and then buy the gun to match it. Been trying to get buckshot for 2 months and keep telling me they are back ordered.
I was thinking strongly about buying a .223 but then what was the use if ammo is not there.

Ryder":28bigzcd said:
TexasBred":28bigzcd said:
I was thinking strongly about buying a .223 but then what was the use if ammo is not there.

TB here is all the buckshot you want. This is a game being played ammo is available.
A lot of this stuff isn't even getting bid on.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Shotgun-Shells/BI.aspx
Ryder all the 223.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Rifle-Ammuniti ... words=*223

What we all should do is sit out this hunting season and quit buying anything period.
Let the states start looseing all that revenue off the licesne sales and taxes.
We sit out one year we could wreck a lot of local and state economies.

TexasBred":2rgt8cw1 said:

That's what I did last fall when I saw a good deal on .223. I got the ammo and then ordered a .223 from Buds. :)

CB they only have one box of 16 ga. buckshot and it's from a guys grandfather's estate. :lol: I'll keep looking.

TexasBred":3h98ivtb said:
CB they only have one box of 16 ga. buckshot and it's from a guys grandfather's estate. :lol: I'll keep looking.
I have case's, store in town has plenty at 5.99 for five.
Pm me I can give you there number I am sure they would ship it.

No more target practicing for me. I like to give some stuff a warning shot but with the price of ammo, one shot one kill.

highgrit":y419m3i4 said:
No more target practicing for me. I like to give some stuff a warning shot but with the price of ammo, one shot one kill.

High I normally target shoot every other sunday last target shooting i did was august of last year. It truly is scary and it sucks.

CB i guarantee you if the supply comes back I will buy a big refridgerator crate worth of ammo

skyhightree1":3lvcxnac said:
highgrit":3lvcxnac said:

High I normally target shoot every other sunday last target shooting i did was august of last year. It truly is scary and it sucks.

CB i guarantee you if the supply comes back I will buy a big refridgerator crate worth of ammo

Need to learn how to reload and stock up on supplies and not be at the mercy of the stores at time's like these.
Powder's like Unique and Universal will load both shotgun and pistol, Benchmark will take care of most rifle need's.
Stock up on powder, brass and primer's. They are 7000 grains of powder to the pound you can get roughly a thousand pistol rounds per pound. Average is about 300 shotgun round's per pound, depending on the caliber of rifle about the same.

CB yea you pointed me in that direction of reloading problem is the powder is plentiful but the equipment and primers are scarce now. I will buy all the reloading supplies I can when things start to be readily available. I swear its scary.

skyhightree1":3tqbdbeg said:
CB yea you pointed me in that direction of reloading problem is the powder is plentiful but the equipment and primers are scarce now. I will buy all the reloading supplies I can when things start to be readily available. I swear its scary.

Shotgun stuff is not scare BPI has primer's powder ,shot, primed and unprimed hull's.
Midway has Lee Load all's in stock as well.

I still use the old Lee Loader one shell at a time.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Origina ... 41732cf72e

was in walmart this morning and rolled by sporting goods.....

picked up a box of 270 and a box of 9mm......they also had three boxes of 223....but I only had so much money.....

there was not much in the line of shotgun ammo....rifled slugs and bird shot was all....and not much of that.

I quit buying ammo from sportsmans guide......

I bought some for my 357 a few years back....

had a oppossum in the chicken house one night.....

shot at that rascal three times and never hit him....one was point blank......finally killed him with a shovel.....

went in the house and had bullets lodged in my barrel.....three of em.....luckily it did not damage my revolver and more luckily it did not blow up in my hand.....gunsmith who removed the bullets for me and checked the pistol advised me to always use match grade ammo.....cheap stuff will get somone killed.....so I buy a lot of stuff from Sportsmans guide but ammo is not one of them....

pdfangus":2iwpmvti said:
I quit buying ammo from sportsmans guide......

went in the house and had bullets lodged in my barrel.....three of em.....luckily it did not damage my revolver and more luckily it did not blow up in my hand.....gunsmith who removed the bullets for me and checked the pistol advised me to always use match grade ammo.....cheap stuff will get somone killed.....so I buy a lot of stuff from Sportsmans guide but ammo is not one of them....
Thanks for the alert.
Who manufactured that ammo?
Were they reloads?

Latest posts