Kenny got one for you.

Help Support CattleToday:

Uncle had a Model 11 Winchester, it fine to shoot after you got it primed!
Scared the crap out of me.
I have no clue what happened to that one.
Here in the thicket everything was hunted with shotgun or a 22LR.
I didn't even own a center fire rifle till I was grown and it was a surplus British 303.

You got me on that one. Never heard of it before.

They want real money for that one. And it's pretty rough compared to mine.

I had a 22 short model 24?? I think as well. The barrel on it WAS bent. Had the old man in Bison,OK fix it. That ol dude was awesome.
Very similar to the browning 22 auto
I have a 241 Remington was dad's bought in the 30's.
Thought it was an east Texas deer rifle till I was grown. He had the matching one that shot shorts as well.
Uncle had borrowed and someone stole.

That lil 24 was a nice lil shooter after the barrel was straight. Someone had obviously refinished it but did a pretty amazing job at it. It still had the bracket for the chain that secured it for the shooting gallery.

I was offered an insane amount of cash for it. It had no sentimental value. My browning 22 otoh will never leave my possession!
I have a 241 Remington was dad's bought in the 30's.
Thought it was an east Texas deer rifle till I was grown. He had the matching one that shot shorts as well.
Uncle had borrowed and someone stole.

Looks a lot like the Ithaca model 37 Upland Bird gun. I have a couple in 16 Ga and 20 Ga. Love the 20 Ga Ithaca Deerslayer open sites for going thru thicker brush. Everyone used to have one here because they were made in Ithaca NY. The Model 37 was a bottom ejector.

That lil 24 was a nice lil shooter after the barrel was straight. Someone had obviously refinished it but did a pretty amazing job at it. It still had the bracket for the chain that secured it for the shooting gallery.
I was offered an insane amount of cash for it. It had no sentimental value. My browning 22 otoh will never leave my possession!
The 241 and Browning are twin sisters made off the same patent.
Remington made around 110K and dropped Browning patent and went to drawing a blank and finally the 552.

Looks a lot like the Ithaca model 37 Upland Bird gun. I have a couple in 16 Ga and 20 Ga. Love the 20 Ga Ithaca Deerslayer open sites for going thru thicker brush. Everyone used to have one here because they were made in Ithaca NY. The Model 37 was a bottom ejector.
All based off Browning patent Remington model 17.

Never was around a Model 11 but had a good relationship with a Stainless Steel Model 12.
Reminds me there is a model 42 that has been standing on its tail in the safe for the last 20
years . pheasants ? yes ducks and turkey ...not so much This thread has me wanting to go
rub around on some memories!

Latest posts