Are you as naked as me ?

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas":2c8udevh said:
Teaching greenhorns how to operate a dozer on wildfires. My part involves using the dozer on steep mountains. I have to build a small mountain for them to use since it is flat land. And usually at least one of them turn one over during the class.
Ain't no flat land in VA.

Local Walmart gets .22 in on Monday nights--gone by 10 am Tuesday still.
With NRA in Houston this weekend, there may be more ammo in Harris County than in all the rest of the country combined...
:D

Deepsouth":m00m9q3t said:
Boy Skyhigh, I opened this tread very cautiously!
Ihave been searching for the 270 hornady ammo I shoot since January and haven't found any yet. Was on line checking today and they all say "out of stock and don't know when they will have any". I'm starting to think I'm going to have to switch to something else.
I'm picking up a few more rounds of buckshot ever now and then.
I'm looking more favorable at shotgun than ever before.

greybeard":30s4vgs0 said:
Local Walmart gets .22 in on Monday nights--gone by 10 am Tuesday still.
With NRA in Houston this weekend, there may be more ammo in Harris County than in all the rest of the country combined...
:D

Heard there was no ammo there, just guns.

I thought it was all BS but at a gun show today I watched a guy pay $75 each for 2 bricks of 22 ammo. I couldn't believe that had really happened.

Kenny that was cheap they 22 bricks here at the last gun show were 90 a brick and i never ever heard of that ammo before.. Its bad

My dad retired 10 or 12 years ago. He pretty much checked out of social issues when he retired. My last load of feed was on his bill mistakenly. I went over to write him a check this afternoon. He said," Hey write it for $5 less and pick me up some 22 shells in town". I like to have never got him to believe me when I explained what was going on.

shelves have been like that at Walmart, Greentop and Bass Pro around here for months.....
I went to a gun show a few weeks ago and did find some 357 Mag...
There is plenty of shot gun bird shot and some buckshot....
found a box of home defense for my judge...

I beginning to think maybe the best way to shop is to buy the ammo that is available and then buy the gun to match it. Been trying to get buckshot for 2 months and keep telling me they are back ordered.

TexasBred":1dgfisip said:
I beginning to think maybe the best way to shop is to buy the ammo that is available and then buy the gun to match it. Been trying to get buckshot for 2 months and keep telling me they are back ordered.

What size and what guage?

3waycross":2wir7ej1 said:
TexasBred":2wir7ej1 said:

16 gauge Remington #1

TexasBred":2r43ag8s said:
3waycross":2r43ag8s said:
TexasBred":2r43ag8s said:

16 gauge Remington #1

Wow TexasBred.

I thought I was the only one who would still admit to having a 16 gauge.....I still have my daddys old double barrel savage....heaviest gun I own.....that it why I have it....when I was big enough to hunt he bought me a 410 and then when we got to the field he told me to take the double barrel....he didn't want to say it but I finally figured out the he also didn't want to carry it and he knew I would hump it all over and never complain....he just wanted to hear his rabbit dogs run anyway and used to lean the gun up against a tree and stand there and watch em go by. I have not shot that thing in at least five years. just clean it now and then. I have not even looked for ammo for it.....always was scarcer with less selection than the 12 gauge ammo.

I sort of like the #1 buckshot load myself.....on all my scatter guns. usually try to keep some regular 2 or 3 around for varmits....

pdfangus":v86tw8hn said:
Wow TexasBred.

I thought I was the only one who would still admit to having a 16 gauge.....I still have my daddys old double barrel savage....heaviest gun I own.....that it why I have it....when I was big enough to hunt he bought me a 410 and then when we got to the field he told me to take the double barrel....he didn't want to say it but I finally figured out the he also didn't want to carry it and he knew I would hump it all over and never complain....he just wanted to hear his rabbit dogs run anyway and used to lean the gun up against a tree and stand there and watch em go by. I have not shot that thing in at least five years. just clean it now and then. I have not even looked for ammo for it.....always was scarcer with less selection than the 12 gauge ammo.

I sort of like the #1 buckshot load myself.....on all my scatter guns. usually try to keep some regular 2 or 3 around for varmits....

Jim I wouldn't part with that little 16 gauge for anything. First gun I ever bought with my own money.

first gun I ever bought myself was a Ruger Super Single Six.....it was the first of my Ruger Revolvers....bought it on my 21st birthday. Still have it as well....

Latest posts