Another guess

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
Here is a heifer calf off of one of our better cows. Take a guess at the breeds in this calf.

77calf.jpg

shorthorn X herf X red angus... i think there is a combo of all there in there?

Ryan":3aonp2nh said:
shorthorn X herf X red angus... i think there is a combo of all there in there?

I think that you are right Ryan, or at least that is what she is supposed to be. Mama is Shorthorn x Red Angus, and daddy is a registered Hereford. But with the dewlap on her I am wondering if there isn't something hiding in the woodpile :shock: ..... She isn't the only calf that has that simmie look to her, and they shouldn't 8)

TurnThatCowLooseMaw":3d7ckhd2 said:
That navel makes me think some gert by hereford or simmental. Your neighbor doesnt have red simmental bulls does he?

Well, the one thing I know for sure is that there is no Gert, or any other Bramahn based breeds in her :D, as there are very few of those in this part of the world. The only bulls that she could possibly be sired by are Angus, Hereford and Gelbveih. And with the white face, she pretty much has to be sired by a hereford as her mama is solid red. So, what I am thinking is that there is some simmie :shock: in that hereford bulls breeding, especially since this isn't the only calf sired by that bull that has a bit of a simmie look to it.

Latest posts