Angus sale on RFD

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about Marchi Angus? The sale will be on RFD TV at 1 Central time....

They were awful high headed and flighty--and many didn't even look like bulls-- which probably accounts for the very low prices-- couldn't have averaged much over $1000- as the highest I saw sold for $2000- some as low as $800...

Someone could have got in the Wagayu breed cheap- they sold 6 bulls and I don't think any brought over $1000....

Oldtimer":25gkljwv said:
They were awful high headed and flighty--and many didn't even look like bulls-- which probably accounts for the very low prices-- couldn't have averaged much over $1000- as the highest I saw sold for $2000- some as low as $800...

Someone could have got in the Wagayu breed cheap- they sold 6 bulls and I don't think any brought over $1000....
The 5 Wagyu brought
$1525.00
$1000.00
$1050.00
$850.00
$850.00

Just think Lloyd, you could have been in the Japanese market cheap :lol:

I'm going this afternoon to look at some Shoshone cow bloodline bulls- sons of RR Hero 6267, CM Lassen 882L, OCC Kojak 628K and DDA Ally 69C and several other Shoshone bulls...Been told they are good looking- truly moderate framed, moderate traited, and quiet-- Actually only need one or two more bulls- will check them out anyway......Sure have been pleased with the calves coming now out of the 878 son bulls I have- lightweight- long and slim-- lots of vigor- up and sucking in a few minutes....Makes calving in the miserable weather nicer if they just don't lay there and die...

Oldtimer":18iaijx4 said:

I didn't see the whole sale, so I didn't get an average. The highest I saw sell was $1600. Since feed is not that high, down here, at least, he'd have done better to feed them some.

That's why I was curious about the ranch. Are they new in the cattle or Angus business?

Frankie":38rbya3k said:
I didn't see the whole sale, so I didn't get an average. The highest I saw sell was $1600.
I think the high seller was $1950.00 Several head sells for $1200.00 to $1400.00 One that during the previews I thought would be a low seller brings $1400.00 after some better bulls bring $800.00 to $1,000.00 earlier.

la4angus":3q1b1hnw said:
Frankie":3q1b1hnw said:
I didn't see the whole sale, so I didn't get an average. The highest I saw sell was $1600.
I think the high seller was $1950.00 Several head sells for $1200.00 to $1400.00 One that during the previews I thought would be a low seller brings $1400.00 after some better bulls bring $800.00 to $1,000.00 earlier.

All I can think of is it has to be a tax write off operation that isn't out to make money-- I watched last years sale and they sold the same... Any smalltime angus bull sale around here averages $1300-1800, with the good producers going in $2000- 3000 mark this year-- big names are higher.... I think I heard that the TV time costs around $5000 an hour to sell on TV...Must be some big money behind them somewhere... Which is getting to be the story of this whole area- all being bought up by major corporate interests as tax writeoffs, hunting preserves, and land investments-- Last chunk of land I tried to purchase figured out at over $15,000 an animal unit- getting to be smarter to sell out and let the corporations take over-- turn it all back into hunting land and tax writeoffs......

I was shocked at the cattle when I turned on the TV. I don't like fat bulls, but I've never seen bulls that thin and starved looking.

I know a guy that is friends with the guy that owns those bulls. Here is the story. Marchi is not hurtin as far as money goes, the bull deal is just a way for him to socialize with cattleman and throw a big party the night before the sale. The real question is if he has so much money why not feed the bulls just a little more than they are getting feed. I wasn't impressed and I dont know many cattleman that would want those bulls. I guess the one bright spot is they can only get better once in someone elses care.

Latest posts