Help Support CattleToday:

Dusty

Reaction score
WORLD WIDE 920
Photo taken at 360 days of age
18.9 Rea / 131 7.32IMF / 114
81 BW 800+ WW 1500 YW+

World_Wide.jpg

Impressive bull, and scanned like crazy! Deep made bull. He might be a bit short made and is plenty fleshy. If he has good wheels under him, he would do good to a lot of cows out there.

920-_front.jpg

I will take the to much leather as a joke, seeing as objective, retail product, along with anything EXT have no leather correct :) .... I find it funny, A huge REA< His back fat was 0.36 for a ratio of 84.... High Marbling, High REA Huge, aggressive Performance numbers, A total outcross and people don't like his leather...

He is huge footed, Sire over 2 years has posted and AVERAGE REA on 22 bulls of 16.11 Along with a Marbling Ratio on the same 22 bulls of 107.......

Let me guess, to much performance .... :lol2: To big of REA for an angus... :clap: To much Marbling :roll: If this angus breed keeps going much longer as it is now... Or if Gardners wouldn't of been the source of AM we would all of seen easy calving Dairy cattle walking America's pasteurs....

Come on people... True Angus Characteristics, performance plus, outstanding phenotype, better muscle then Emblazon and Marathon, more body then 6807...... Also... he has the stats to back him, he will only get better with calves on the ground.... !! Tell me I am wrong... :D

There might be quite a good bull under the fat but in that condition he wouldn't get from one side of the pasture to the other. He better have good marbling because he's in kill shape. I'd like to see him coming out of about 50 cows-we know how he performed in a feedlot situation then we could see how he does on the playing field. He did post good numbers-there's alot of fat bulls don't do that even.

Northern Rancher":1jc7i57f said:
There might be quite a good bull under the fat but in that condition he wouldn't get from one side of the pasture to the other. He better have good marbling because he's in kill shape. I'd like to see him coming out of about 50 cows-we know how he performed in a feedlot situation then we could see how he does on the playing field. He did post good numbers-there's alot of fat bulls don't do that even.

He kind of looks like Nate Newton at Football training camp........sort of plump eh?

Scan date was 3/2/10 he weighted 1443lbs was not a year old yet.. has a 87lb bw.... Had a 41 Sct and passed the semen test the same day...

I love this... One of the owners of Hoover Dam viewed him a week after the photo was taken... I asked him to compare him to the Hoover dam bull... " Told me that he was every bit as thick as Dam and exceeds him in the muscle catagory"... Only difference is.. When hoover dam sold he was 14 months old.... the photo's your looking at are on a 11 month old bull...

A Sales Rep for an auctioner told me, he came expecting to see a good bull,, he can and saw one hell of a bull.. Same guy has sold over 500 straws of semen on him for us... he believes...

There is a whole lot to like about the bull, but I also think he is overconditioned for his age, it will definately not do him any favours in the future. Growth tests don't need to get bulls of not even a year old in slaughter condition to see how they'll perform in a feedlot situation.

Phenotypically he is the type I like, he is maybe just a touch coarse through the shoulders and doesn't matter how good his performance is, his sheath is still a fault. I still like him alot and will overlook the minor faults when seen in the bigger picture, afterall the perfect bull still needs to be born. I would be very proud to say I bred a bull like him.

I will say I wish he was smoother shouldered.. But his sire is proving me wrong... and the fun thing about this sire group is they were all sold before they finished the test, and we have 15 spoken for from this springs calves already for commercial producers...

His sire's photo is just as dominating ...
RAF_Wideload_500.jpg

Taken as a 2 yr old...

Northern Rancher":2mof7d1i said:

Yep- I agree...If he got that way on just grass and hay- then he's a pretty good bull- but it looks to me like he's been living at the grain trough and packing a lot of corn...

I'd like to see him coming out of about 50 cows
I was thinking of what he'd look like after 60 days in a 5,000 acre pasture with a dozen other bulls...If his feet hold up....I'm convinced that much of the foot problems we see in bulls anymore comes about because they were pushed way to hard (butcher fat) that first year of their growth on creep and hot feed..

Also, last time I went to a bull sale, thin bulls don't sell good, you as both purebred breeders and commercial breeders buy the bulls that are sound, functional and want those bulls who did the best against their cont. groups.... even if they are a little hefty... :) (even tackles need loving just as Nate..)

But the bull passed a semen test before he was a year old and was able to freeze semen before his 13 month birthday on his first attempt, and yes while he was in production we have taken weight off of him and his muscle volume just exploded ... but if he is like his sire, he will gain weight on pasteur... :) he is going to naturally bred about 12 head for me this summer.... C

Dusty":38ghogx6 said:
Also, last time I went to a bull sale, thin bulls don't sell good, you as both purebred breeders and commercial breeders buy the bulls that are sound, functional and want those bulls who did the best against their cont. groups.... even if they are a little hefty... :) (even tackles need loving just as Nate..)

But the bull passed a semen test before he was a year old and was able to freeze semen before his 13 month birthday on his first attempt, and yes while he was in production we have taken weight off of him and his muscle volume just exploded ... but if he is like his sire, he will gain weight on pasteur... :) he is going to naturally bred about 12 head for me this summer.... C
theres the predicament aint it,,, good bull :cowboy:

Big Nate was a guard. His son played HS ball down the road from George at SLC. His son plays for UT now.

Dusty":azgf5cn9 said:

There is a difference between thin and fat. Fat bulls don't do well when they have to travel and breed cows

Is this something we should be impressed with?

I think most everyone is being a bit hard on the bull. Yes he is fleshy, but big deal, does that change the qualities he will pass on to his calves, No. They are proud of him and they should be, he scanned good in both IMF and REA, has eye appeal, and performed above his contemporaries. I would be will to bet he will do a lot of good.

Latest posts