Almost got hit with a bamboozle stick

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Old lady riding in electric chair came to the aisle I was in said do you have any $ I can have I spent my last 7.00 on something and didn't realize my gas light was on so I need gas to get home. I always say no so she rode off and still grieving over my grandma started thinking what if that was my grandma I'd want someone to help her. I paid for my stuff the lady was walking to a truck with a man in it and drove off then I realized there was nothing in her basket either .. :mad:

skyhightree1":1ia3pavd said:
Old lady riding in electric chair came to the aisle I was in said do you have any $ I can have I spent my last 7.00 on something and didn't realize my gas light was on so I need gas to get home. I always say no so she rode off and still grieving over my grandma started thinking what if that was my grandma I'd want someone to help her. I paid for my stuff the lady was walking to a truck with a man in it and drove off then I realized there was nothing in her basket either .. :mad:

Of course there wasn't! You wouldn't give her no money. No money = no gas, no groceries, and no money to rent an electric chair. Poor thing had to walk back to the truck with two bad hips and probably went to bed hungry :lol2: Hard to help folks who really need it with people like this mooching.

JMJ Farms":2is5axk1 said:
skyhightree1":2is5axk1 said:

Of course there wasn't! You wouldn't give her no money. No money = no gas, no groceries, and no money to rent an electric chair. Poor thing had to walk back to the truck with two bad hips and probably went to bed hungry :lol2: Hard to help folks who really need it with people like this mooching.

I agree it's crazy you never know when someone is hustling

skyhightree1":1koh0rsg said:
JMJ Farms":1koh0rsg said:
skyhightree1":1koh0rsg said:

I agree it's crazy you never know when someone is hustling
Anymore, you never know when they ain't...there was a era though, when you could trust folks..

ALACOWMAN":19uovvgj said:
Anymore, you never know when they ain't...there was a era though, when you could trust folks..
Ah.....the good ol days..
Some folks say a tramp won't steal
but I found 3 in my cornfield
and I'm on my way...goin back to Alabam...

One had a bushel, one had a peck, one had a roastin ear tied around his neck and I'm on my way....

Cowboy Copas, 1960...

i gave a guy some change in my pocket as he asked me for some money.. I looked at my pickup truck full of tools and material just laying in the back as I was abou to go in the store..

I figured that was some cheap insurance. lol

ddd75":6a6s8k56 said:
i gave a guy some change in my pocket as he asked me for some money.. I looked at my pickup truck full of tools and material just laying in the back as I was about to go in the store..

I figured that was some cheap insurance. lol

Could have been some cheap insurance, but that is dependent on how much honesty he had. Risky to leave much of value in a vehicle around here at the stores, but so far it's been ok for us the times that we have.
Small power tools or tool sets are likely very tempting, but pretty sure hand tools are safe :lol2:
I am always afraid to leave gas cans in the truck empty or full, and go in a store, I make a specific run with no other stops whenever possible to fill up gas cans.

skyhightree1":2wvuw27d said:

That sort of thing is happening here fairly often. A young man approached us in the Kroger store a while back asking for money, my wife gave him some change and he took it saying it wasn't much, and literally ran out of the grocery. When we left out of the store a few minutes later, a policeman was talking to somebody in a car, wife thought it was that young man. Seems like folks have relatives in the hospital and are almost out of gasoline yet they are asking for money in the Walmart parking lot quite often too.
I have about quit going downtown to the service stations there, and driving a few more miles out on the bypass to avoid similar things, our downtown area has become unbelievable. Just a few years back I didn't think anything at all about stopping a service station down town late at night, but now I won't hardly stop any time of the day there.

greybeard":2u25gni2 said:
ALACOWMAN":2u25gni2 said:
Ah.....the good ol days..
Some folks say a tramp won't steal
but I found 3 in my cornfield
and I'm on my way...goin back to Alabam...

One had a bushel, one had a peck, one had a roastin ear tied around his neck and I'm on my way....

Cowboy Copas, 1960...
for the record, it's rosnur not roastin :cowboy:

They are getting more aggressive. Warn your ladies! Woman that cuts my hair was telling me she stopped by Dollar General about 3 one afternoon to pick up some supplies. Two guys were sitting on sidewalk leaning up against bldg. When she got out of her car to go in, one of them,a large black dude approached her and said "Lady, you gonna have to give me some money". Kinda intimidating for a woman to confront. She scooted by him and got inside. The store had a female clerk working by herself. When ready to leave she asked her to come out with her and the woman was afraid, but they had left by then. You call the cops and they will just ask them to leave and they move on to the next store.
We better get ready. Harder times are coming.

bbirder":1hg72tp9 said:
They are getting more aggressive. Warn your ladies! Woman that cuts my hair was telling me she stopped by Dollar General about 3 one afternoon to pick up some supplies. Two guys were sitting on sidewalk leaning up against bldg. When she got out of her car to go in, one of them,a large black dude approached her and said "Lady, you gonna have to give me some money". Kinda intimidating for a woman to confront. She scooted by him and got inside. The store had a female clerk working by herself. When ready to leave she asked her to come out with her and the woman was afraid, but they had left by then. You call the cops and they will just ask them to leave and they move on to the next store.
We better get ready. Harder times are coming.
It's the ones that were riding the last train.. And its slowly coming to a stop...got them squirming thinking about, actually having to hold down a 8 till 5...

That's part of it for sure ACowman. Getting to that gravy train point was easy, but the govt never thought about an exit strategy.

Good info above. My wife would have probably given her money. Every sick dog pics that comes in here, through the mail, if I don't get it shredded before she sees it they get money. If somebody, especially if I know them, is in need and I can help, handing them money or whatever personally, is better than sending money to 99% of these scams through the mail or on TV. Just about every time I go to TSC and Walmart the poor cashiers are forced to beg you for money. Then when they donate the money it is listed how great it is for Walmart or TSC to have given.

When I get to the cashier, and she gets done ringing up/scanning the last item, I say NO! right away.
She says 'huh?"
I say.."to whatever you're going to ask me to contribute to today, and whatever personal information you're about to ask me for, and that includes my telehone # and zipcode."

greybeard":3d1ifl9k said:
When I get to the cashier, and she gets done ringing up/scanning the last item, I say NO! right away.
She says 'huh?"
I say.."to whatever you're going to ask me to contribute to today, and whatever personal information you're about to ask me for, and that includes my telehone # and zipcode."

You mean you don't even want one of their credit cards or go on the back of the receipt and spend about 30-45 minutes of your time and give them info of you shopping experience.

Being a cashier at Walmart has to be torcher. You can see the self service machines trying to take your job, handle tons of items daily with very little break, deal with some crappy customer, deal with the electronics, and then forced to beg.

jltrent":29af6lxg said:
Good info above. My wife would have probably given her money. Every sick dog pics that comes in here, through the mail, if I don't get it shredded before she sees it they get money. If somebody, especially if I know them, is in need and I can help, handing them money or whatever personally, is better than sending money to 99% of these scams through the mail or on TV. Just about every time I go to TSC and Walmart the poor cashiers are forced to beg you for money. Then when they donate the money it is listed how great it is for Walmart or TSC to have given.
You can help TSC..by buying one of their personalized hats. Help them advertise... :cowboy:

We had a guy came to our church a while ago, just before time for service to start, asking for money to buy gas. Said he had a family emergency and had to get to Louisiana. One of our members offered to meet him at the store down the road and pay for his gas.

He declined that offer. Only wanted cash. He didn't get any.

this reminds me of an ad that ran in our local paper asking for "Unwanted Gold" (this was when gold prices were really high)
Ummm.. yeah, I think I'll hold on to my grandma's wedding ring

Ky hills":mxw6s6ro said:
skyhightree1":mxw6s6ro said:

That sort of thing is happening here fairly often. A young man approached us in the Kroger store a while back asking for money, my wife gave him some change and he took it saying it wasn't much, and literally ran out of the grocery. When we left out of the store a few minutes later, a policeman was talking to somebody in a car, wife thought it was that young man. Seems like folks have relatives in the hospital and are almost out of gasoline yet they are asking for money in the Walmart parking lot quite often too.
I have about quit going downtown to the service stations there, and driving a few more miles out on the bypass to avoid similar things, our downtown area has become unbelievable. Just a few years back I didn't think anything at all about stopping a service station down town late at night, but now I won't hardly stop any time of the day there.
what town

Latest posts