Ai Bulls for my new cows

Help Support CattleToday:

Richnm":11q169fo said:
https://postimg.cc/gallery/3c0talxky Speaking of epds a guy is selling a registered heavy bred angus cow for $1900 she weighs about 1,700 pounds . How do the epds look? Thanks
She just turned 4 yrs old in October.
ce 6 about breed average... top 45% .35 accuracy
bw 2.9 bottom 20% .53 acc
ww 66 top 5%
yw 112 top 10%
sc 1.57 top 5%
doc 18 top 30%
cem 1 bottom 5%
Milk 23
$EN breed average
cw 31 breed average
re .48 top 35%
$Weaned 66 top 5%
$F 78 top 10%
$B 106 breed average

IF you like her get her bought as cheap as you can of course and $1900 is not at all out of line
IMO she's worth $1600 - $2000 just my :2cents:

I am gonna get her mainly because I like big heavy cows 1,200 pounders don't do it for me. What would you breed her back to Simmi or Angus ?

As a rule no, but prices vary by location supply and demand ect. and most importantly on the individual cow.
F1 sim-angus cow is a better cow than either breed is as a purebred cow. As for bulls a purebred bull is better than a
F1 bull. Only reason for registered pb cows is if you want to be a seed stock producer or to produce F1 females.

It has been discussed before if there will ever be a breed association for registering commercial cattle.
With continued advancement in dna and genomic testing I could see something like that coming along in 10-20 years.

Richnm":3lch6ka3 said:
I am gonna get her mainly because I like big heavy cows 1,200 pounders don't do it for me.
What would you breed her back to Simmi or Angus ?
cem 1 is the biggest fault in her epds
IF you want a registered breeding bull, I'd breed her to a Black Angus sire with a CEM 10 or higher (top 35%)
For a non-registered breeding bull you could use a Red Angus sire with a CEM 7 or higher (top 35%)
IF you want a F1 replacement female, a Simmental sire with MCE 6 or higher (top 35%)

I'm distracted watching Vikings and reading epds together. IF Eric Kendricks had come down cleanly with that int
at end of the half... it's off to the races... as it is Seattle is up 3-0 at halftime... DEFENSE... my kind of football.
DA Bears defense shutting down the Rams offense last night was so fun to watch.
19154265 a Resource out of a Final Answer dam is a pedigree that at least catches my attention.
Ready for 2nd half kick off.... more later.

Richnm":2rev14ij said:
NFC is up for grabs. My chiefs have the AFC won just about.
Only Andy Reid can stop Mahomes... and he will in the playoffs.

Bobby Wagner great LB but ref picked up the 15 yard flag on him for launching when blocking the field goal at 6-0
took the wind out of Vikings Defense and game was over at that point.

Richnm":1vre9d0o said:
https://postimg.cc/gallery/2pzv2lvc8/ Pics of heifers
Well they are too high priced for feeder heifers.

Their birth dates are too spread out to make them an even calving group.
Which age works best for you to have them calving at 2 yrs 0 months of age?
I see no reason the first one pictured won't make a good cow... which one is she?
Five reg. numbers posted, but only 4 animals pictured. Can you match which is which or only the seller knows?

Even though I said 2 weeks ago the Vikings would lose 2 in a row to N.E. and Seattle and then win out with 3 straight
it still ticked me off 'the way' they lost tonight's game.

I was thinking of getting 806 because of her WW and YW and breading her with the rest of my heifers and cows I have in May. Thanks for advice.

I can't read the ear tags in the pictures, so can't tell which is which, but 806 born March 21st Renown x Final Answer

G806 epds
bw 1.3 at 50% is smack dab breed average
ww top 10%
yw top 10%
doc top 5%
cem 9 top 45%
$EN bottom 65%
cw top 10%
re top 15%
$W top 10%
$F top 10%
$B bottom 60%

No reason to eliminate her based on epds and Renown x Final Answer should make good replacements
IMO IF she fits for age and you like both her and her 3 yr old Final Answer dam in person... buy her.
The opinions I express may not be representative of those held by your wife. :tiphat:

Latest posts