Semen for 24

Help Support CattleToday:

Likely still early to say…but what were your thoughts on Architect?
I have some customers who want weaning weight and he should do that without huge Milk and negative $EN. Ideally my bull calves would all have 205 day weights between 700-750 and we can do that on our forage base. I am always watching cow size with that as I have some older cows that run 1600#+. Younger ones tend to be more in the 1400# range, which is more where we need to be. He is good on PAP with some data. I used him on some cows that needed more growth. See how they calve - may use on smaller True North and U2 Coalition heifers and cows if he calves true to his EPD. But, going to see how this crop of calves look before ordering. Might be a little cautious about keeping daughters if too big of frame, but MH EPD looks acceptable.

Just to clarify…this is Iconic we are speaking of? Have not utilized him but I have noticed he is gaining some popularity. What have you noticed on the claw and angle…foot structure?
Probably a bit too early as things tend to go bad a bit further down the track however a fellow down the road who breeds a few bulls as well looked at my yearling bulls and commented that they all had good feet, he ended up buying one.

Ken

I have some customers who want weaning weight and he should do that without huge Milk and negative $EN. Ideally my bull calves would all have 205 day weights between 700-750 and we can do that on our forage base. I am always watching cow size with that as I have some older cows that run 1600#+. Younger ones tend to be more in the 1400# range, which is more where we need to be. He is good on PAP with some data. I used him on some cows that needed more growth. See how they calve - may use on smaller True North and U2 Coalition heifers and cows if he calves true to his EPD. But, going to see how this crop of calves look before ordering. Might be a little cautious about keeping daughters if too big of frame, but MH EPD looks acceptable.
I think he will keep you out of the ditch. Good feet, quiet disposition and the cows behind him on both sides of the pedigree are solid producers. We calved about 35 heifers to him last spring and were pleased with the calving ease. We used him again this year and will use him in 24. Too many bulls out there that will land me in the ditch and I am getting too old to need experience any more.

I think he will keep you out of the ditch. Good feet, quiet disposition and the cows behind him on both sides of the pedigree are solid producers. We calved about 35 heifers to him last spring and were pleased with the calving ease. We used him again this year and will use him in 24. Too many bulls out there that will land me in the ditch and I am getting too old to need experience any more.
Have you used Architect on Right Time 7861 daughters? Seems that combo should have some substance to the offspring.

All of the yearling Right Time daughters will get bred that way this season.

Latest posts