Stolen semen tank

Help Support CattleToday:

That is despicable, anybody has to keep everything under lock and key and that don't even work a lot of times.
It makes me think of a couple different theories as to why it was stolen. If nothing else was stolen then logically it was somebody that knew what it was and where it was. If this is a young person maybe it was a so called friend that knew their way around and took it when they got a chance. Or maybe somebody that did some work for them and saw it. If they intend to use it on their own cattle they pretty much low life's most cattle people I know are above outright stealing. They might hook somebody on a deal but not blatant thievery. Maybe they think they can sell the contents but I'm thinking most folks into AI and ET are gonna buy from reputable sources and not some individual, but with the drug situation a lot of prominent families have been hit with addiction so who knows.
Another thought, I don't know if the liquid nitrogen could be used for some kind of nefarious purposes or not, with the craziness of today it wouldn't surprise me if the drug heads haven't figured some use for it.

A friend had his tank stolen so I am sharing just in case someone hears about a tank for sale. I included a photo of the tank that was stolen, this young man has been working so hard and building a super nice herd. I can't imagine how bad this loss has hurt him. The tank had embryos as well as some very valuable semen.
Might want to check Sire Buyer (or other sites like it) to see if any shows up. Don't know if they can be contacted to keep a look out for specific semen/embryos?

That is despicable, anybody has to keep everything under lock and key and that don't even work a lot of times.
It makes me think of a couple different theories as to why it was stolen. If nothing else was stolen then logically it was somebody that knew what it was and where it was. If this is a young person maybe it was a so called friend that knew their way around and took it when they got a chance. Or maybe somebody that did some work for them and saw it. If they intend to use it on their own cattle they pretty much low life's most cattle people I know are above outright stealing. They might hook somebody on a deal but not blatant thievery. Maybe they think they can sell the contents but I'm thinking most folks into AI and ET are gonna buy from reputable sources and not some individual, but with the drug situation a lot of prominent families have been hit with addiction so who knows.
Another thought, I don't know if the liquid nitrogen could be used for some kind of nefarious purposes or not, with the craziness of today it wouldn't surprise me if the drug heads haven't figured some use for it.
Actually, the drug mafia like to use cattle to bring drug money back to Colombia and Mexico. A couple times, when I was crossing into Canada, I got the full car colonoscopy. I found this a little odd until a friend of mine told me about the time he was at a show in Colombia and there was a drug shooting at his hotel.