First time doing AI

Help Support CattleToday:

Sell your cow and buy another cow PTIC to Wagyu or Akaushi.
Could also try Trans Ova. Take your cow to Trans Ova. They will return her impregnated with a full blood Wagyu embryo.

Charley Cap
Semen is stored in a special tank called a semen tank. A tank like the one I have (MVE 20) will cost between $700 and $1,000 and must be topped off with nitrogen every 3 to 4 months. You will likely pay $50 to $75 for each refill. It is not practical to own your own tank for just a few cows. Breeding the cow is not as simple as just putting a straw of semen in there. It takes some skill and a good deal of practice in order to place the semen in the right location. It would be better to hire an experienced inseminator and have him order and store your semen in his tank. They should be able to obtain Wagyu semen for you.

If you have not already done so, I recommend watching some videos on the process. Expect to have as much as $100 in the project and that is only if she settles on the first try. That does not include the cost of semen. If you are doing multiple cows, some of the costs can be spread out over multiple animals. I looked up Wagyu semen at ABS Global, and it appears it is mostly over $100 per straw, with a minimum order of 5 straws. Angus semen is mostly $20 to $25 per straw, and most people who breed cows for others, will have a selection of bulls already in their tank.

No your refrigerator is no where close enough to hold semen. Like -420F
Have you contacted anyone to BREED your cow?

First thing, find a breeder in your area. If you have a dairy near by, find out who services their farm.
There's ABS, Genex, Select Sires, etc.
Who ever he works for, he should have a semen book or go online to see what beef bulls they carry.
Thanks for that info from both you and named em, tamed em. I am targeting stocking the cattle in later December while its cool and when my oats are 12" tall or more

I think thats some s
Sell your cow and buy another cow PTIC to Wagyu or Akaushi.
Could also try Trans Ova. Take your cow to Trans Ova. They will return her impregnated with a full blood Wagyu embryo.
solid advice, that is my end game. your method sounds the most certain. My pasture has zero cows right now. I bought the land only 18 months ago. Fence is good now, but still need a barn and a holding pen, so my target date is about 90 days from now

Latest posts