30-40 Million People in America Could Be Evicted

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm the maintenance and facilities director at a public school in Arkansas, Arkansas has a major shortage of bus drivers also. Just doesn't pay much. I drive one because I'm already here anyway and it's extra pay but if your not close by it's not worth while.
In South Carolina, I believe school bus drivers for public schools are state employees and get a health insurance benefit. Some older people who are not yet eligible for Medicare take those jobs not for the hourly wage, but for the medical benefit.

You get what you subsidize.
So very true.
Diverting our food (corn) to fuel - ethanol mandate
Rewarding people for not working when they could
Encouraging (subsidy to) people to purchase homes that they can't afford and end up defaulting on
Bailing out people who default
Giving college tuition loans to anyone who asks
Forgiving college tuition loans for those who do not pay means no one will pay
Deductions and payments for having more children
US postal service daily mail delivery to everyone including Amazon package delivery by USPS
Incentives to junk your old car and get a new one - cash for clunkers
Tax deductions/credits to benefit special interests
Farm subsidies - too numerous to list

Yes, we subsidize all those and are getting the return on them.

Drive around Baker City (Only town of any size in the county pop. about 10,000) and I am sure I can find half a dozen help wanted signs. yet when the government was giving money to people affected by covid there was a line going clear around the corner. I stopped at a tire store to get the studded tires put on the car. Mid day in the middle of the week. Place was dark with the closed sign up. Another guy pulled in right behind me. He said the owner must be out on a service call (a large part of his business). That guy said the shop owner wasn't able to find employees to keep the store open while he was out. While we were talking man #3 pulls in. After a little discussion #3 says he has jobs available with good wages, paid med, holidays, vacation, and a 401K. He can't find people who will show up on time, everyday, and who are sober.

Not saying this is the case with guy #3 Dave, but it just reminded me of always hearing about small dairy farmers complaining about not being able to get good dependable help. Then I read their help wanted ad and it will be something like this:

Help needed on small dairy farm, 5:00 am to 7:00 am, then again 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm. One weekend off per month. $10 per hour.

I know that is probably more than they can really afford, but honestly, you would probably either really love milking cows or be pretty desperate to want a job like that.

Drive around Baker City (Only town of any size in the county pop. about 10,000) and I am sure I can find half a dozen help wanted signs. yet when the government was giving money to people affected by covid there was a line going clear around the corner. I stopped at a tire store to get the studded tires put on the car. Mid day in the middle of the week. Place was dark with the closed sign up. Another guy pulled in right behind me. He said the owner must be out on a service call (a large part of his business). That guy said the shop owner wasn't able to find employees to keep the store open while he was out. While we were talking man #3 pulls in. After a little discussion #3 says he has jobs available with good wages, paid med, holidays, vacation, and a 401K. He can't find people who will show up on time, everyday, and who are sober.
That's our fault for letting the government support them with our tax dollars.
Started in 1964 under the great society.

In South Carolina, I believe school bus drivers for public schools are state employees and get a health insurance benefit. Some older people who are not yet eligible for Medicare take those jobs not for the hourly wage, but for the medical benefit.

That is how it works in Arkansas also, still hard to find people to commit to show up twice a day and be responsible for a bus load of kids for 7-10k a year. I plan to retire from my day job in my early 50s then just drive a bus to keep insurance. We used to have people that farmed and drove for the insurance, not many full time farmers anymore.

Hard to support a family on school bus drivers wages.
We have plenty of low paying jobs in this country we shipped off our manufacturing.
Yeah, only pays 7-10k a year. It's great if you're already at the school for extra income or if you're retired and needing insurance or supplemental income.

My daughter just moved to Farmington, Arkansas, so good to hear from Arkansas members. I worry about her, but almost immediately she got a job at one of the better hospitals (Washington Regional Medical Center) with a pension because of the experience and training (particularly pals training) she already had. She is currently an RN, but close to finishing her MSN.
NW Arkansas is a booming area, alot of good jobs in that area. What brought her to Arkansas?

I would put money on the fact that a lot of those people bought more house than they could afford. Biggest scam ever put on the American people is that your home is a good investment... or a status symbol.

As long as the banks and govt continue to loan on them they will continue to buy them.

Okay, it's Friday I'll bite. Tell me why buying your own home is not a good investment. Aside from those who buy more house than they can truly afford I would argue a good home is the single best investment the typical American can make.
Figure the cost of mortgages, insurance ,upkeep and you never own it.

Okay, it's Friday I'll bite. Tell me why buying your own home is not a good investment. Aside from those who buy more house than they can truly afford I would argue a good home is the single best investment the typical American can make.
As far as a real investment
A house barely qualifies unless... your going to rent it out.
Or make value adding improvements and flip it.

A single wide on a thousand acres with ag exemption.....now that's a investment.

NW Arkansas is a booming area, alot of good jobs in that area. What brought her to Arkansas?
They had a list of places they wanted to check out and when they visited that area it met their check list or that is what they told me. The husband works for a computer company and a lot of his work is from home, so he could have went anywhere. She wants me to move there, but I am just to old and settled to move.

They had a list of places they wanted to check out and when they visited that area it met their check list or that is what they told me. The husband works for a computer company and a lot of his work is from home, so he could have went anywhere. She wants me to move there, but I am just to old and settled to move.
Good, we don't want to lose you!

One can certainly hope there will be some room for improvement in the 30-40 million figure for eviction. That could result in wholesale population movements to areas that have all the anwsers to our geo-political problems. The number is gut wrenching to say the least. I would expect a lot of 2nd homes to sell or turned into rental units. I would expect the sale of collectables and certain types of firearms to taper. Probably close to the top of the
list will be changes in the banking and way finance is handled. I would worry that bills with faces could be declared invalid or devalued without notice.
Credit purchases could become almost non-existant as the debt ration to income increases. The ration of student debt to percentage of payoff is already
incomprehensible. Marginal farmers or anyone in a rural setting depending on off location income will have some hard choices. A few fortunes will be
made and a lot of dreams may be lost. As Henry Ford said, "Whether you think you can or you can't you will most likely be right.''

Done any reading on The Great Reset? It's a far fetched conspiracy theory, or is it? People don't plan, save or take personal responsibility. Most of the business I know have a help wanted sign out now. Most certainly all of them did up until March of this year. People have had the last 10 years to work all they wanted and save a little or get ahead but nobody showed up for work except the Mexicans/foreigner. You know who is working now, yep Mexicans/foreigners. Americans got nobody to blame but themselves so who will pay the bill? Wish I could say they won't get a bailout because they dont deserve it. High time Americans learned to hustle and struggle again. It makes you a stronger, smarter and better person.

People, especially young people, have been sold on the idea that renting is a waste of money and that couldn't be further from the truth. A lot of people bite off a big house payment too young when they should be paying off student loans, maximizing 401ks, and putting and huge cash nest egg in the bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts