2015 Ford F250 problem

Help Support CattleToday:

the 6.7 scorpion is proven , no disputing that . Sounds like bad fuel , my number 1 biggest fear driving diesel trucks . None of the new high pressure fuel systems can handle bad fuel or def in fuel tank ( local powerstroke shop owner tells me this has got to be a problem ) . If it is indeed bad fuel there ought to be a science to 100% prove it , sure theres a way is in the right hands . No way should TC ranch be responsible with a new truck . Whether its ford or the fuel station I don't know

TennesseeTuxedo":1yozs9aj said:
Fiat builds a nice truck they say. If you like foreign trucks that is.

Walking is out of the question that's why I don't drive a Ford truck anymore. And yes the best trucks are foreign made.
The Isuzu NPR trucks are by far the best trucks that I've ever owned. And my Toyota Tacoma wasn't bad either.

The Scorpion is proven to shutoff and strand you and eat turbos. I'm glad your having good luck with yours Bobby. Seven out of seven F550 's broke down and needed towing. So far only one of the RAM's that replaced the Fords had to go in for service and it was for DEF bs. A proven diesel engine is used in more applications than just in light duty pickups.

TCRanch":zo342dh1 said:
The saga continues. Nope, don't have my truck back. After being deliriously happy it was nothing major & covered by warranty, the Wichita dealer called us back and said while the diesel in my tank is clean there is contamination & rust particles in the fuel system. Condensed version: essentially the same as the initial assessment from local, NOT covered under warranty and now it's up to $8800 best estimate to fix it.

We're taking a trip to Wichita tomorrow morning. Husband told them we don't want my truck any more, find me a 2017 gasser just like it, will NOT talk to a sales guy so evidently dealing w/the GM. We'll see . . .

BTW I do want to clarify my earlier post re: $10K vs $6K: Local dealer's price for a Lariat was $10K less than Wichita, possibly because Wichita had a better market for my trade-in, but we ended up with a Platinum w/extras (turn-over 5th wheel hitch, etc) so we ended up paying $6K less for an upgraded truck.

Will keep you updated :)
Wow that dealer doesn't have a certified diesel tech either.. I wondered how it needed #5 injector when it died on the road and had a wasted from rust lift pump Oh well money covers a lot of sin...

You can now build and price the 2017 Super Duties on Ford's website. Checked out a loaded F350 Lariat Diesel 4x4 Crew Cab is now 70k (up from about 66k from 2016), King Ranch 76k (up from about 69k), Platinum 78k (up from about 69k). Nothing IMO justifying the new prices other than the new trailering assist camera which seems like a cool 1700k option.
I don't even like the prices for the '16 but the only way they can get them to sell is by slicing 10k-15k off the price tag since they seem to be 10-15k overpriced. Now these are like 20k overpriced and with the cost of the aluminum body repairs I think getting a '17 is a wait and see proposal for me. I'll probably at least wait til '18 to see how they sell and see how the aluminum works out for others. And no way I am paying even close to sticker (another reason to sit back and wait too). I'll sure be at the dealer though to test drive the '17 when it comes out, looks really cool! 8)

So interesting Ford and all the other companies which imo overprice the pickups so you want huge discounts brag about profit margins and then try to tell the customer what a "good deal" the pickups are. I see right through them talking out both sides of their mouth! Then they try to jack you around on the service that's the hidden profit margin that unfortunately TC has fallen victim of. :mad:

TC check out Holiday Ford in Whitesboro, TX (buyholidayford.com) they seem to have some of the best prices in the region with huge discounts. Would certainly be a worth a trip down there for me.

I bought my first house and a duplex combined in 1982, for the list price of a new truck. But interest rates were 12% on houses and 15% on vehicles. Now they finance trucks at 0%. What a rip-off.

True Grit Farms":1a8vy0z8 said:
I bought my first house and a duplex combined in 1982, for the list price of a new truck. But interest rates were 12% on houses and 15% on vehicles. Now they finance trucks at 0%. What a rip-off.
I bet your house had better bathroom facilities then the new trucks.

True Grit Farms":1gnuxbnb said:

Grit particularly if you pay sticker they are a rip off. No reason a truck should cost 70, now 80, even 60 thousand dollars. And that duplex is a far better investment!!!

They'll deal if they're pushed. For example, when we asked for a loaner they said they generally don't provide loaners but they would make an exception. Then I told them I wanted a truck as a loaner, not a car. Amazingly (big sarcasm) the one & only loaner truck had just become available. Then my husband asked if they had a 250 gasser for me to test drive, which is now my loaner.

Called them today & I'm getting the '16 gasser. It's exactly like my '15 (obviously except for the diesel) and instead of a credit of $589 we're getting $1K, tax/title/fees still $399. They are still installing a new turn-over 5th wheel hitch (B & W) & the grill guard from my other truck for no additional charge. Truck is being delivered from TX and should be ready by next Fri. They wanted us to come in Tues to sign the paperwork & we told them nope, we're going in once, we want everything ready, one & done, we're out!

True Grit Farms":1mklfxvg said:

Yup! I was 24 when I bought my first house at 13%, refinanced when it dropped to 9%, payments were a whopping $400 a month. I was in banking & we still had CD's & IRA's that hadn't matured at 18%.

TCRanch":3p0kkbfs said:
True Grit Farms":3p0kkbfs said:

Yup! I was 24 when I bought my first house at 13%, refinanced when it dropped to 9%, payments were a whopping $400 a month. I was in banking & we still had CD's & IRA's that hadn't matured at 18%.

Your dating yourself TCRanch. :D

True Grit Farms":1svxezv3 said:
TCRanch":1svxezv3 said:
True Grit Farms":1svxezv3 said:

Your dating yourself TCRanch. :D

I earned every year! Never lie about my age or weight - it's on my drivers & CC license anyway :)

If I bought a new vehicle I would EXPECT to get 70,000 miles trouble free.. actually I'd expect more!.. These days (with all the trucks) that seems to be an incredible exception... nevermind the insane prices of these trucks.

I drive an "vintage" truck, so I know I will always have odds and ends to fix, on the other hand I CAN fix them all myself, if I feel spendy I can buy a full rebuilt running gear for less than a years payments on a new one.. I'll stick with what I got until the end of time if I can.

TCRanch":1tgiu207 said:
JMJ Farms":1tgiu207 said:
TCRanch":1tgiu207 said:
I earned every year! Never lie about my age or weight - it's on my drivers & CC license anyway :)

TC, if I looked as good as you I wouldn't lie about it either :tiphat:

Wow, thank you!

TC your hubby needs to come on this forum and law down the law! :lol2:

Latest posts