IH 1486 brake problem

Help Support CattleToday:

lavacarancher

Reaction score
My old IH 1486 has a brake issue . It take about 2 seconds for the brakes to apply. It's been in the shop twice for the same issue. Both times the mechanic says he bled the brakes and it seemed to work for a few hours but always returns to the same problem. Any ideas. EVERYTHING on this tractor is hydraulic. All other hydraulic powered devices works perfectly.

My old IH 1486 has a brake issue . It take about 2 seconds for the brakes to apply. It's been in the shop twice for the same issue. Both times the mechanic says he bled the brakes and it seemed to work for a few hours but always returns to the same problem. Any ideas. EVERYTHING on this tractor is hydraulic. All other hydraulic powered devices works perfectly.
I don't know the cause. But I had a 1486 and everyday after I started it I would have to remember to hold the brakes to the floor until they pressured up. Once up they were good for the day. I will admit to forgetting a time or two, but I'm the one who fixes the gates around here so no one could yell at me.