Case IH JX 95 Fuel Issues

Help Support CattleToday:

mdt192

Reaction score
Hello all.

We have a 2004ish JX 95 that has been giving fuel issues for the better part of 2 years on and off. It died on me in the middle of a decently busy road in the dark last night, so I thought I would turn to you for ideas.

What we have done so far:
  1. Replaced the mechanical pump that bolts to the block. Still little to no flow through it. Just to move it around at the time, I would have a bucket of diesel with a hose coming straight from the injector pump.
  2. Rerouted around the mechanical pump and installed a 12 v fuel pump before the first water separator filter. That seemed to get enough flow to run the tractor pretty well.
  3. Then we started consuming fuel filters. We replaced all the rubber lines. It has a plastic tank on it as well. We run another half dozen tractors using the same fuel without issue. Fuel is filtered at the pump as well.
  4. With the above done, we were able to operate for probably 50-100 hours between filter (2 filters) changes until last night. This weekend, we were having fuel starvation issues, so we replaced both filters and put on a new 12 volt pump.
Now, we are having the same issues with new filters, and the 12v pump is functioning.

Where are considering replacing the rubber lines again and dropping the tank to drain / clean it. With this problem being intermittent, I wouldn't think it was injector pump related?

Does anyone have any recommendation on making this fuel system more reliable?

Thanks.

Where is your fuel coming from? Storage tank or gas jugs? I ran into a similar issue a few years back and had algae in my fuel. It would clog a filter in no time. I now keep my fuel treated if it won't be used up in a few months. I believe I used a product called biobore to get rid of the algae. You will still need to change fuel filters a few more times till you get the dead algae gone. It may not be your problem but possibly something to check.

Where is your fuel coming from? Storage tank or gas jugs? I ran into a similar issue a few years back and had algae in my fuel. It would clog a filter in no time. I now keep my fuel treated if it won't be used up in a few months. I believe I used a product called biobore to get rid of the algae. You will still need to change fuel filters a few more times till you get the dead algae gone. It may not be your problem but possibly something to check.
It comes from a 100 gal steel tank. Usually used up within 2 months or so.

I will try and look in the tank to see any algae is visible. We run other other tractors just as much as this one with the same fuel though. Although those are older 60-80s IH and Fords.

When I had problems with my Kubota I tried a lot of filter changes and hose changes with no help. Turned out to be a small clog of spider web type fuzz in a small metal elbow coming coming out of the water separator. This elbow was where you attached your rubber fuel line.

I would start by checking and cleaning all the fuel lines and fittings back to the pickup in the tank.

As stated above it doesn't take much in an elbow to cause a clog.

When I suspect a clog at the bottom of the tank I blow air back up through it if you have not tried that yet. It beats draining the tank.

We had issues with out New Holland with a plastic fuel tanks. Tractor would run fine on idle and putter then stall when under load or going up a hill. Loosened and removed all elbow fittings in the supply line from the tank to the fuel filter. Found a wad of plastic shavings in the banjo style elbow fitting.

Hello all.

We have a 2004ish JX 95 that has been giving fuel issues for the better part of 2 years on and off. It died on me in the middle of a decently busy road in the dark last night, so I thought I would turn to you for ideas.

What we have done so far:
  1. Replaced the mechanical pump that bolts to the block. Still little to no flow through it. Just to move it around at the time, I would have a bucket of diesel with a hose coming straight from the injector pump.
  2. Rerouted around the mechanical pump and installed a 12 v fuel pump before the first water separator filter. That seemed to get enough flow to run the tractor pretty well.
  3. Then we started consuming fuel filters. We replaced all the rubber lines. It has a plastic tank on it as well. We run another half dozen tractors using the same fuel without issue. Fuel is filtered at the pump as well.
  4. With the above done, we were able to operate for probably 50-100 hours between filter (2 filters) changes until last night. This weekend, we were having fuel starvation issues, so we replaced both filters and put on a new 12 volt pump.
Now, we are having the same issues with new filters, and the 12v pump is functioning.

Where are considering replacing the rubber lines again and dropping the tank to drain / clean it. With this problem being intermittent, I wouldn't think it was injector pump related?

Does anyone have any recommendation on making this fuel system more reliable?

Thanks.
My neighbor has same tractor with same issues and did the same thing as you say. I'll get with him the evening and see how they finally fixed it. If I don't reply back this evening PM me.....I'm getting forgetful...lol

Latest posts