Case 75C

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
Anyone got a Case 75C? Comparing to a Kubota M7060. Are they worth $6500 or so more? No DPF is a plus. Got. 2008 M7040 Kubota that has been good. Wanting a cab tractor for baling and feeding for more comfort. I might be better off not going in debt at 58 years old and being a small operation. Probably better off selling out while prices are good.

The no emissions is a BIG plus. Probably going to have a little more arse than the Kubota but be a little slower hydraulics. I like the cab layout better on the Kubota but the Case will have more room. The ones I have been around are pretty decent simple tractors that will work well for what you want. Is 75 hp. going to pull your baler?

The no emissions is a BIG plus. Probably going to have a little more arse than the Kubota but be a little slower hydraulics. I like the cab layout better on the Kubota but the Case will have more room. The ones I have been around are pretty decent simple tractors that will work well for what you want. Is 75 hp. going to pull your baler?
Yes. I pull it with a M7040 now. 4x5 baler.

You will love having a cab tractor ! Don't know if I like it more in summer bush hogging and doing hay or winter time putting out hay . Going into debt with this economy is scary but if you can make payments without losing the farm , I say go for it !

IMO I would not pay $6500 more for the Case. The Kubota M7060 with the common rail injection fuel system, the Hydraulic reverser option and under 75hp it will not have the DEF requirements. I read with the common rail injection they make a lot of torque. Get a cab tractor if it is in the budget for climate control and less dust. Also check out marketplace there must be at least 10 there and a lot pretty local.

Last edited:
A cab tractor is worth every penny IMO. If you can find one pre tier4 emissions. I promise it is worth it. If I was staying Kubota I would stick in the 40 series. Even without DEF they all have a DPF and that is just as much if not more trouble. Got mine in the shop now looking at a $4500 repair bill on the emissions for a valve. The emissions system will crap out on you eventually and they are costly to fix or delete if you can even find that option. They all break eventually somewhere but that system just gives you one more big hole to throw money in. Just my $.02. There is a reason all these pre-emission tractors bring money and it is one of the first things they advertise.

A cab tractor is worth every penny IMO. If you can find one pre tier4 emissions. I promise it is worth it. If I was staying Kubota I would stick in the 40 series. Even without DEF they all have a DPF and that is just as much if not more trouble. Got mine in the shop now looking at a $4500 repair bill on the emissions for a valve. The emissions system will crap out on you eventually and they are costly to fix or delete if you can even find that option. They all break eventually somewhere but that system just gives you one more big hole to throw money in. Just my $.02. There is a reason all these pre-emission tractors bring money and it is one of the first things they advertise.
I look at these new tractors with all that extra tier 4 additions and say it is not a matter of if but when that junk goes haywire. Probably just after the warranty goes out. I am not interested as long as I can get parts for the older tractors or vehicles. I read somewhere all our home appliances are fixing to get a makeover with a lot of extra gadgets to save the world. If you have an old wringer washer or wash board better hold on to it.

Two years ago we got all new appliances and they are smart which I guess means they hook to the internet.
I had just seen a video recently where someone start digging to see exactly what information they could steal from you through your appliances.
It was shocking to see that some of the appliances connect to a Chinese server and it's only a matter of time before they can come through the appliance into your internet and into your personal information on your phone or laptop.

Two years ago we got all new appliances and they are smart which I guess means they hook to the internet.
I had just seen a video recently where someone start digging to see exactly what information they could steal from you through your appliances.
It was shocking to see that some of the appliances connect to a Chinese server and it's only a matter of time before they can come through the appliance into your internet and into your personal information on your phone or laptop.
If my refrigerator or washing machine asks for my Wi-Fi password, I am not going to give it up.

Well good news or bad news, if you watch equipment prices they have started dropping like a rock lately.I would say likely 10% or more in a lot of cases. Saw a nice low hour 5525 JD sold fo about $38k today. That tractor was easy mid to upper $40k's just a couple months ago.

I got a nice used truck I have been trying to sell. Lots of interest but it is old enough and cheap enough the bank won't loan on it and nobody can lay hands on cash right now.

Not to recent, but I have seen two nice JD 5525 4wd loader bring in the mid-fifties as one was on the net and another a local sale as about time they start coming down. I took the day and went to at least 10 tractor dealerships to just look. The inventory is low and new prices are beyond believable. A new JD 450 baler/net is 55k and I looked it over good as unbelievable the price. The Vermeer 504R is 45K which is way too high. These new tractors have so much extra emission equipment hanging on them they look like a nightmare waiting to happen. A hundred thousand dollars want buy you much tractor anymore.

What's behind drop in equipment prices? I see it too - a massive drop. Interest rates?

I think it is several factors but mostly I think it is a correction in a market that was to high being caused by a lack of cash to spend. Work is starting to drop off too. Peoples cash is getting scarce and it is getting hard to borrow money and not cheap if you do. I think you are about to see tight times to rival or top 2008. People that have money are starting to hold on to it for fear of hard times and those that live hand to mouth are starting to go hungry.