Clutch issues

Help Support CattleToday:

Down in Dixie

Reaction score
So my fairly new Massey 2607h is going to need a clutch soon. I'm at 650 hrs now and I've been adjusting the clutch petal stop since 300 hrs. Adjusted for the last time and looking for a new clutch. I could probably get it fixed under warranty but sadly don't trust my dealer to touch my equipment again. I've heard new stuff has more green friendly clutches and doesn't last. Not a big aftermarket for clutches on that tractor. Any experience with brands or someone good to order from before I change it out. Don't want to use factory parts on this since it didn't last long at all.

2625, 2605H, 2606H, 2607H - Only models listed in the parts book for part interchange.

That's pretty much the only place that sells aftermarket that I have found. They have a HD kit that is almost half the cost also. I tried to call them to question them about it but no answer from them. Biggest thing is I don't want to put a clutch in and have to replace it in another 600 hrs. My other Massey made it close to 3000 hrs before it needed a clutch.