JD 5525 fuel issues

Help Support CattleToday:

That temperature sensor is about $50 at JD, but only $20-30 aftermarket. Very quick to change. Won't lose more than a couple oz of coolant. Straight threads (Not NPT tapered) with an o-ring to seal. Hand tighten.

That temperature sensor is about $50 at JD, but only $20-30 aftermarket. Very quick to change. Won't lose more than a couple oz of coolant. Straight threads (Not NPT tapered) with an o-ring to seal. Hand tighten.
Yeah but it took a mechanic 3 hours to figure out the problem the first time. Tracing wires. We got the tractor running and he ordered the part for me.
I decided then that if it runs fine with out it I wasn't hooking it back up. The fuse box cover always has things in front of it. A log chain, and that's where the new wrap goes when I'm haying. Not to mention mud that gets thrown up there. When it's cold like it is this week I don't have time to be chiseling way frozen mud to replace a blown fuse that could have been prevented by just not hooking that sensor up.

Yeah but it took a mechanic 3 hours to figure out the problem the first time. Tracing wires. We got the tractor running and he ordered the part for me.
I decided then that if it runs fine with out it I wasn't hooking it back up. The fuse box cover always has things in front of it. A log chain, and that's where the new wrap goes when I'm haying. Not to mention mud that gets thrown up there. When it's cold like it is this week I don't have time to be chiseling way frozen mud to replace a blown fuse that could have been prevented by just not hooking that sensor up.
I hear ya ... Mine has gone out twice now. I replaced it the first time. Second time, the dealer said everybody around here just leaves them disco'd, so that's what I have done. Like Simme said, It is easy to replace and is a cheap part (no pun intended, ha !). IDK, why replace it again if it is just going to fail again? Unless it does damage to the engine in real cold weather.. Although it never gets that cold in NH anymore.

Latest posts