JD loader joy stick

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
The loader controls stopped working on me. I felt like it had gotten some slack lately but hadn't been able to stop amd look at it. I was unloading some cs and it locked up where you can't move it at all.

Is there any thing I can check for adjustments wise or some thing like that before calling dome one out?

6120 E

20240106_102427.jpg

20240106_102410.jpg

That looks similar to the controls that are with the Woods loader I have. It would lockup from time to time usually one direction though. I sprayed Liquid Wrench inside and for at least a couple of years have not noticed any problems. Also were the end of the cables go into the controls it was a little lose and I tightened.

TAKE THE BOLTS OUT OF THE SIDE SHEILDS where you get to it there is a HEX BOLT THAT COMES UP IN THE BOTTOM OF THE control lever it may have come out and fell down in there, I've got a 6130M thats got loose on me a couple times and had to take it apart and tighten it up. not a big deal just kinda hard to get to, I think it takes a 3 16" Allen wrench,

So the stick won't move at all?

I've seen those cables break the outer sheath and stop functioning. The stick will still move but it'll feel like it's not hooked to anything. And it's usually just one cable so the other function will still work.

Some of those have a locking pin to keep the stick from getting hit accidentally, might be something to check as well.

So the stick won't move at all?

I've seen those cables break the outer sheath and stop functioning. The stick will still move but it'll feel like it's not hooked to anything. And it's usually just one cable so the other function will still work.

Some of those have a locking pin to keep the stick from getting hit accidentally, might be something to check as well.
Ya it was odd. I was using it and it just locked up and wouldn't go in any direction. It felt solid like some thing was holding it.

I may need to look for that locking pin just to be sure.

Are you sure the ring at the base isn't in lock position?

Nope…. Newer model now I look better….

Yes, that was definitely operator error. I didn't even know that lock was there. This stuff is too fancy. LoL

Here is where all my slack is coming from. The one side that is suppose to be stationary, I think, is moving. I'm not seeing a nut or any adjustment to take that movement out.

Yes, that was definitely operator error. I didn't even know that lock was there. This stuff is too fancy. LoL

Here is where all my slack is coming from. The one side that is suppose to be stationary, I think, is moving. I'm not seeing a nut or any adjustment to take that movement out.

Bolt and nut took a walk?

Going off the little bit I've played with my FIL's Westendorf I would guess that it should be anchored in the front left corner. (video orientation) His had a cheap #10 maybe? screw that held it tight but eventually it'd stress enough that it'd break that screw. In my infinite wisdom of overkilling things I took it upon myself to make it better. Drilled it out and tapped it to take a grade (8) 1/4" bolt. Very hard material, I had serious questions on whether I was going to get it tapped but the threads kept cutting fortunately. It screwed up into the ball socket piece from underneath. If you can get it open on the underside there or turn it far enough you can see underneath it might become a little more self explanatory. Odds are that rod is just an alignment dowel to keep it from wanting to turn if the bolt comes loose. Hope that helps.

It was just like that when I opened it up. I didn't find any loose parts in there.

There is a rod that goes up in there but it doesn't have a nut or any thing I can see that holds it down. It's sliding up and down on the rod like it's broke. The rod doesn't move.
Best get it fixed, last thing you young guys need is a floppy stick. 😂😂😂

Well, in true fashion I took a bunch of stuff apart that I did not need to. 😄 Now yall see why I tried to ask first. I even looked for diagrams online and what not.

Anyways, when I took the box off and looked from the bottom there is a allen head bolt coming from the bottom. I snugged it up and it's nice and tight again.

So, long story short, if you know it's there, two bolts removes the plastic cover and you can tighten it from the bottom pretty easy.

20240108_114737.jpg

Well, in true fashion I took a bunch of stuff apart that I did not need to. 😄 Now yall see why I tried to ask first. I even looked for diagrams online and what not.

Anyways, when I took the box off and looked from the bottom there is a allen head bolt coming from the bottom. I snugged it up and it's nice and tight again.

So, long story short, if you know it's there, two bolts removes the plastic cover and you can tighten it from the bottom pretty easy.

View attachment 39279
Im pretty sure that's what i said in the second post on this thread

Latest posts