2015 Ford F250 problem

Help Support CattleToday:

Margonme":1zqxz53y said:
An absorbing thread. I am surprised people take this crap.

I purchased my 2012 JD 5083E with loader for 40k and change from a dealership. After 2 weeks of use, I experienced a couple times that it moved slightly forward after putting the gear shift in the park position.  The dealer transported the tractor in and confirmed the parking gear was damaged.  I assumed it would get full warranty coverage.  Matt called and said he had bad news.  JD stated that the damage was due to putting the gear in park while it was in motion.  No warranty coverage for abuse.  Cab had to be removed.  Tractor split.  Gear replaced.  Six grand.  I told Matt, BS, it came to me in that condition. How do you know someone doing a demo drive did not force it in park while moving.  Not to mention how many times a tractor is parked before it gets to the buyer.  He said SORRY.

I made an appointment at a law office in Maysville. I went in a couple of mornings later.  We called Matt.
Matt: Hello.
Attorney: good morning.  I am the attorney representing Ron in his warranty case against JD.  I am requesting a meeting with JD to discuss their failure to honor their warranty.

He told Matt the warranty clearly covers deffective parts. The tractor was defective from the time my client took possession. He ask if JD has a record of how many times a tractor is parked from the time it is assembled until it gets to the buyer.

He explained to Matt that he was looking forward to the evidence they had on when and where the damage occurred.

Matt: this matter has to be resolved with JD. It has nothing to do with the dealership.

Attorney: I fully understand. If you could act as a liason, we will take the matter up with the people you direct us to.

I got a call from Matt about 4 days later.  Good news Ron.  Your tractor is totally covered.  As soon as it is done, we think next week, we will deliver it back to the farm.

Didn't this all happen to Inyati? :lol2:

NECowboy":dpazmcw5 said:
Margonme":dpazmcw5 said:
An absorbing thread. I am surprised people take this crap.

I purchased my 2012 JD 5083E with loader for 40k and change from a dealership. After 2 weeks of use, I experienced a couple times that it moved slightly forward after putting the gear shift in the park position.  The dealer transported the tractor in and confirmed the parking gear was damaged.  I assumed it would get full warranty coverage.  Matt called and said he had bad news.  JD stated that the damage was due to putting the gear in park while it was in motion.  No warranty coverage for abuse.  Cab had to be removed.  Tractor split.  Gear replaced.  Six grand.  I told Matt, BS, it came to me in that condition. How do you know someone doing a demo drive did not force it in park while moving.  Not to mention how many times a tractor is parked before it gets to the buyer.  He said SORRY.

I made an appointment at a law office in Maysville. I went in a couple of mornings later.  We called Matt.
Matt: Hello.
Attorney: good morning.  I am the attorney representing Ron in his warranty case against JD.  I am requesting a meeting with JD to discuss their failure to honor their warranty.

He told Matt the warranty clearly covers deffective parts. The tractor was defective from the time my client took possession. He ask if JD has a record of how many times a tractor is parked from the time it is assembled until it gets to the buyer.

He explained to Matt that he was looking forward to the evidence they had on when and where the damage occurred.

Matt: this matter has to be resolved with JD. It has nothing to do with the dealership.

Attorney: I fully understand. If you could act as a liason, we will take the matter up with the people you direct us to.

I got a call from Matt about 4 days later.  Good news Ron.  Your tractor is totally covered.  As soon as it is done, we think next week, we will deliver it back to the farm.

Didn't this all happen to Inyati? :lol2:

Yes. I forgot to mention that.
:D

The saga continues. Nope, don't have my truck back. After being deliriously happy it was nothing major & covered by warranty, the Wichita dealer called us back and said while the diesel in my tank is clean there is contamination & rust particles in the fuel system. Condensed version: essentially the same as the initial assessment from local, NOT covered under warranty and now it's up to $8800 best estimate to fix it.

We're taking a trip to Wichita tomorrow morning. Husband told them we don't want my truck any more, find me a 2017 gasser just like it, will NOT talk to a sales guy so evidently dealing w/the GM. We'll see . . .

BTW I do want to clarify my earlier post re: $10K vs $6K: Local dealer's price for a Lariat was $10K less than Wichita, possibly because Wichita had a better market for my trade-in, but we ended up with a Platinum w/extras (turn-over 5th wheel hitch, etc) so we ended up paying $6K less for an upgraded truck.

Will keep you updated :)

TCRanch":u8fefxlr said:
The saga continues. Nope, don't have my truck back. After being deliriously happy it was nothing major & covered by warranty, the Wichita dealer called us back and said while the diesel in my tank is clean there is contamination & rust particles in the fuel system. Condensed version: essentially the same as the initial assessment from local, NOT covered under warranty and now it's up to $8800 best estimate to fix it.

We're taking a trip to Wichita tomorrow morning. Husband told them we don't want my truck any more, find me a 2017 gasser just like it, will NOT talk to a sales guy so evidently dealing w/the GM. We'll see . . .

BTW I do want to clarify my earlier post re: $10K vs $6K: Local dealer's price for a Lariat was $10K less than Wichita, possibly because Wichita had a better market for my trade-in, but we ended up with a Platinum w/extras (turn-over 5th wheel hitch, etc) so we ended up paying $6K less for an upgraded truck.

I would demand the fuel tanks be pulled and opened up as in cut open. Here is why...
We have a 30k capacity Caterpillar Forklift at work that we bought brand new. From the beginning of delivery we had fuel problems and it was always rust particles that was caught in the fuel screens. Cat wanted to void the warranty stating it was fuel storage tanks we used at work. Long story short, I had samples pulled from storage tanks and tests ran(we had 12 trucks and 9 other forklifts running off same fuel with no issues). Tests came back clear multiple times. The end result after a 18 months of fighting was that the factory failed to coat the interior of the fuel tank while in production and the fuel tank was rusting from the inside. Cat took it back and coated the interior of the tank, we still have issues 5-6 years
later now and then and they fix for free.
If it makes you feel any better by going gas , my 2013 F250 gasser just turned 70k and I had one issue with AC and the dealer fixed it. That's it so far and I drive with toenails in the radiator

saltbranch":v4qddqtm said:
TCRanch":v4qddqtm said:

I would demand the fuel tanks be pulled and opened up as in cut open. Here is why...
We have a 30k capacity Caterpillar Forklift at work that we bought brand new. From the beginning of delivery we had fuel problems and it was always rust particles that was caught in the fuel screens. Cat wanted to void the warranty stating it was fuel storage tanks we used at work. Long story short, I had samples pulled from storage tanks and tests ran(we had 12 trucks and 9 other forklifts running off same fuel with no issues). Tests came back clear multiple times. The end result after a 18 months of fighting was that the factory failed to coat the interior of the fuel tank while in production and the fuel tank was rusting from the inside. Cat took it back and coated the interior of the tank, we still have issues 5-6 later now and then and they fix for free.
If it makes you feel any better by going gas , my 2013 F250 gasser just turned 70k and I had one issue with AC and the dealer fixed it. That's it so far and I drive with toenails in the radiator

That's good business right there. Glad you won. This was kinda mentioned somewhere before in this thread. I think TC said that her truck had a plastic tank but I'm not certain.

I have not following the post that close. I just hate to see Ford blaming it on rust.... and hate to see the OP taking a hit for dealer excuse, There are way to many plumbing routes in trucks system that the fuel travels prior to to hitting pump where rust can be accumulated. I would fight that hands down. Put on your big boy britches and lock down and demand satisfaction. You and hubby went to buy a 60k truck and expected quality service and after 8 thousand 800 miles.....Ford customer service rejected you. NO, that is not satisfactory. That is not quality service period. Light them up and be willing to cause a scene. Have your notes in line to back your inconvenience. Start a log of the service, phone calls and record the excuses. Put it on line and tag the FMOCO location. Do not back down and take a hit at your expense THey should be hooking you up to put in a very nice equal gasser and praying for no You tube recourse.

What are the fuel lines? Copper or steel. My old super duty had steel fuel lines and one day the tank emptied on the way to town. The fuel line had rusted through. 4 year old truck.
Curious why the fuel filter system didn;t catch the rust particles before they got to anything they could damage

I couldn't agree more with saltbranch and dun. It ain't even my truck and it ticks me off. I'm usually pretty calm but it's getting about time to show out. Not only should they fix it free, a good dealer would have you in another one truck until yours was fixed, free of charge.

Dun, the fuel lines are steel. Just got back - driving my loaner :) Picking my battles. There truly doesn't seem to be any logical explanation how it got contaminated in the first place and when I asked them why the fuel filter system didn't catch the rust particles they said it just got past it for some reason. At this point I don't care why. Insurance inspector will be at the dealer next Tues and they have already ordered the parts so the truck should be ready late next week.

They are more than happy to trade on the 2016 models because they need to get rid of them, not so much on the 2017's. Here goes: for a '16 Platinum gasser, MSRP $59,825 they would go to $50,961 & my trade in value is $51,550 so they would actually owe us $199 after tax. For the '16 Platinum diesel, MSRP $68,695 they would go to $59,369 so we would owe $7819 plus tax. They will install a turnover 5th wheel hitch on both at no extra cost & remove the grill guard from my '15, install on the '16. That said, I'm kind of liking the new body style of the 2017's and still leaning towards having them order one. If I get a gasser it's considerably less than a diesel so we still wouldn't be out much. BTW my loaner is a Lariat gasser and I really couldn't tell much difference in get-up-n-go, averaged 12 mpg.

M-5":26tif164 said:
http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/how-a-2015-ford-f-150-aluminum-repair-cost-17-000-and-1719664610

Very interesting article M-5. My brother has a 16 F150 with the aluminum body. He hit a deer about a month ago and it's been fixed but I haven't asked him if it was expensive, or difficult. Seem to be as durable as the ones before. But idk. They dang sure look good though.

JMJ Farms":3f5px9bo said:
M-5":3f5px9bo said:
http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/how-a-2015-ford-f-150-aluminum-repair-cost-17-000-and-1719664610

Very interesting article M-5. My brother has a 16 F150 with the aluminum body. He hit a deer about a month ago and it's been fixed but I haven't asked him if it was expensive, or difficult. Seem to be as durable as the ones before. But idk. They dang sure look good though.
Looks are in the eye of the beholder.. I puttin in my will to make sure the hearse is not a Ford

M-5":xlbkqjfi said:
JMJ Farms":xlbkqjfi said:
M-5":xlbkqjfi said:

Looks are in the eye of the beholder.. I puttin in my will to make sure the hearse is not a Ford

I've never owned but one Ford. Kept it two months. But if I could afford to have a work truck and a riding truck, the riding truck would be one of the new F150s. But since I can't afford but one I will stick with my Cummins.

M-5":35ybtvli said:

Yikes! Okay, then. Granted that was an extreme situation - I seriously doubt any dealers around here have received that kind of training. The '16 gasser seems to make the most sense.

M-5":3djuy1ue said:
JMJ Farms":3djuy1ue said:
M-5":3djuy1ue said:

And I'm putting in mine that it ain't a Dodge! :lol2:

I'm still waiting for one of my RAM's to break down. I really like Ford trucks but they just aren't built like a Ford truck anymore. I think Ford learned that they can screw the consumer and get away with it. The 6.0 was the turning point in Ford's customer service satisfaction. To me anyone that owned a Ford truck with a 6.0 diesel is a real dumbazz if they bought any new Ford products.

Latest posts