2015 Ford F250 problem

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd":2ymj6lq0 said:
I am fed up with Ford, Dodge and Chevrolet. Been searching the web for a Studebaker Dealer that still has some trucks.

Does that mean you're having or had problems with your Chevy as well? My husband went from a Dodge to a Chevy, so far so good.

hurleyjd":2sy5akf1 said:
I am fed up with Ford, Dodge and Chevrolet. Been searching the web for a Studebaker Dealer that still has some trucks.

It's the luck of the draw IMO. Dodge has the best engine with cummins. Chevy has the best transmission with the Allison. And ford builds the best truck. If they built them without flaws the dealerships would go bankrupt :hide: FWIW I drive a dodge. Chevy rides better. Ford looks better. They all have their strengths and weaknesses and for every person who loves a particular diesel another person hates it.

International probably built one of the best engines ever with the 7.3. But even some of them had issues.

The problem is Ford and Dodge keep changing their trucks. They each had a good thing going... and went the opposite way. It's a circus with them. Their mechanics can't even keep up with that mess.

The Chevy/ GMC diesel set up has been real simular for what 16 years now? The few additions have been for the better.

Our engineer just bailed his Ford. He rolled up on me Tuesday in a Duramax. Same song and dance. Had some issue and the dealer to him it would be $10K to fix. He drove it over to a Chevy dealership and traded it in.

JMJ Farms":evvshove said:
International probably built one of the best engines ever with the 7.3. But even some of them had issues.

I used to think that, as I can't count how many 7.3's and 6.9's I've owned. As far as feeding and general use farm trucks go, I prefer the old mechanical 6.9's. Simple and reliable, 12 volts and fuel pressure and you're in business. Not a lot of power, but they had thick cylinder walls compared to the 7.3's.

After buying a couple Dodges with the Cummins motors, I don't care to own another V8 diesel. The Dodge trucks are pretty junky, but the engines are worth the price of admission.

Seen an appropriate bumper sticker the other day: "I ordered a Cummins and this is what they shipped it in???"

cfpinz":3dcbgazs said:
JMJ Farms":3dcbgazs said:

I used to think that, as I can't count how many 7.3's and 6.9's I've owned. As far as feeding and general use farm trucks go, I prefer the old mechanical 6.9's. Simple and reliable, 12 volts and fuel pressure and you're in business. Not a lot of power, but they had thick cylinder walls compared to the 7.3's.

After buying a couple Dodges with the Cummins motors, I don't care to own another V8 diesel. The Dodge trucks are pretty junky, but the engines are worth the price of admission.

Seen an appropriate bumper sticker the other day: "I ordered a Cummins and this is what they shipped it in???"

I'm with you 100% cfpinz. The 6 cylinder cummins has definitely stood the test of time. But the truck they ship it in leaves a lot to be desired. All in all though I must've liked it good enough because that's what I bought and I'm pretty satisfied with it over all and I intend to buy another one.

Don't think the dodges have independent rear suspension. IIRC on the 1/2 and 3/4 ton trucks they went to a coil spring link suspension setup though.

littletom":36ltugor said:
I hear of a lot of fords being repowered with cummins motors. Anyone have one or been around one?

Cousin has one with an old 12 valve in it, and I've been around a few of them. Seen a 2000 or so model F350 dually ext cab with an aluminum flatbed sitting on side of the road for sale the other day with Cummins badges on the fender but I had a loaded trailer and there was no place to turn around.

I keep saying I'm going to drop one in my '97 crew cab whenever the 7.3 gives up the ghost, doesn't hurt my feelings if it never does, though.

chevytaHOE5674":3js3jqu6 said:
Don't think the dodges have independent rear suspension. IIRC on the 1/2 and 3/4 ton trucks they went to a coil spring link suspension setup though.

Ya. Coils on the rear with air bags. Seems like a bad idea. Just more stuff to wear and break. They can barely keep their front ends in tact.

Brute 23":40yxeirq said:
chevytaHOE5674":40yxeirq said:

Ya. Coils on the rear with air bags. Seems like a bad idea. Just more stuff to wear and break. They can barely keep their front ends in tact.

That's the truth my son is putting another front hub assembly on his 06 Duramax right now. At least he bought the lifetime replacement from NAPA last time. This will make the 4th hub in less than 200k miles. Every steering component has been replaced in the front end including the pump, and one passenger side axle. The front end and u-joints ain't worth crap on a GM 3500. We're done with GM, unless I get a crappy RAM.
It really baffles me how some folks can have good luck with one brand of vehicle and terrible luck with others. My two RAM trucks haven't been back to the dealer yet, I have some recalls but I'm not letting a dealer touch my truck till it breaks.

Didn't the cummins go to the titan trucks now? Thought I seen an ad for one. I 'll keep my ol 94 with the twelve valve.
My nephew is getting everything together to put a cummins from a 96 in a 79 Ford ton. Gonna be quite the change over.

TennesseeTuxedo":16l3vixy said:
M-5":16l3vixy said:
yes the titan has a 5l V8 cummins . I just don't think the truck will hold up to the engine. DODGE has the TOTAL package

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Dash, I was in need of a good laugh this afternoon.

That's work trucks TT if I needed a mall crawler or a grocery getter I might look at a FURD

True Grit Farms":25g2kq3q said:
I don't buy any of that bs. But I sure can't stand a salesmen or service manager taking advantage of a nice person. Most every salesmen is a crook, and the best one's become service managers. And if their really good they become lawyers.

Damm right. They need a bullet behind the ear.

:banana:

An absorbing thread. I am surprised people take this crap.

I purchased my 2012 JD 5083E with loader for 40k and change from a dealership. After 2 weeks of use, I experienced a couple times that it moved slightly forward after putting the gear shift in the park position.  The dealer transported the tractor in and confirmed the parking gear was damaged.  I assumed it would get full warranty coverage.  Matt called and said he had bad news.  JD stated that the damage was due to putting the gear in park while it was in motion.  No warranty coverage for abuse.  Cab had to be removed.  Tractor split.  Gear replaced.  Six grand.  I told Matt, BS, it came to me in that condition. How do you know someone doing a demo drive did not force it in park while moving.  Not to mention how many times a tractor is parked before it gets to the buyer.  He said SORRY.

I made an appointment at a law office in Maysville. I went in a couple of mornings later.  We called Matt.
Matt: Hello.
Attorney: good morning.  I am the attorney representing Ron in his warranty case against JD.  I am requesting a meeting with JD to discuss their failure to honor their warranty.

He told Matt the warranty clearly covers deffective parts. The tractor was defective from the time my client took possession. He ask if JD has a record of how many times a tractor is parked from the time it is assembled until it gets to the buyer.

He explained to Matt that he was looking forward to the evidence they had on when and where the damage occurred.

Matt: this matter has to be resolved with JD. It has nothing to do with the dealership.

Attorney: I fully understand. If you could act as a liason, we will take the matter up with the people you direct us to.

I got a call from Matt about 4 days later.  Good news Ron.  Your tractor is totally covered.  As soon as it is done, we think next week, we will deliver it back to the farm.

Latest posts