Your idea about France

Help Support CattleToday:

When I think of France, my first thoughts are of Charolais and Limousin cattle, Ramboullet sheep ( not sure of the correct spelling of the sheep). Then probably wine, even though I don't drink.

Nesikep":2spiyvl8 said:
JS, well said! There's a lot of things that aren't very well taught, and the beginnings of nearly every war are among the top on that list (OK, nowadays maybe math and english are the top of the list).

Hitler wasn't a fool to invade Russia.. Russia was on the verge of launching an offensive, and he didn't have much choice.

I'm sure Stalin would have had a lot more fighting men had he not killed millions himself too.

Well I have a little knowledge being older dad was in the North Africa,Italian,and off the coast of Normandy on D day supplying cover fire to troops landing had one lucky uncle went ashore D day +1
One at Pearl on Dec 7,1941 another that made the beach landing Guadal canal, Iwo Jima and Okinawa
The last uncle was in the Mariana turkey shoot. I got to hear that history first hand and the pictures they brought home were a little more graphic than your history books. They hated the Japanese till the day they died all of them even the ones in the European theater.

Caustic Burno":2qe34hv4 said:
ez14":2qe34hv4 said:
Caustic Burno":2qe34hv4 said:
Lot of those Russian solders were shot by Russians for retreating.
Like i said their tactics were horrible!!
It didn't help having a failed art student that never got above the rank of corporal directing military operations on three fronts.
Very much agree.

My comments were not directed at Ms. Anne. It was not personal at all. So Mr. Alan, I'll repeat. Stop trying to censor me or incorrectly put meaning into something I might have said. I said what I said and I mean it.

As far as Ms. Anne (by herself, alone, no help, etc) trying to change world attitude on terrorism its not going to happen. But if 500,000 Ms. Anne's in France voiced an opinion (contrary to what you would have people do) someone would listen, don't you think? HeII, if the so called moderate Muslims all stood up and said knock it off that would probably stop all the BS.

Ms. Anne, welcome to the board. I hope you did not take my comments personally. I don't know you but I'm sure you are a nice person. This is an issue between me and Mr. Alan. Goes back a long way.

ez14":1bxaxllp said:
js1234":1bxaxllp said:
Caustic Burno":1bxaxllp said:
It didn't help having a failed art student that never got above the rank of corporal directing military operations on three fronts.
Very much agree.
:nod:

Agree, but the fact he took them that far, heck, the fact hitler was able to talk the country into another world war not too far removed from the ww1 defeat is amazing! He must've been one heck of a motivator/manipulator!!

The Germans had the scientist and very advanced weapons at the time most importantly realizing the need for air superiority. Hitler had some brilliant military leaders problem was when his ideology got in the way. The generals realized he was nuts and they would be better off suing for peace and tried to take him out before all was lost. Didn't work out well for the officers or Germany.

ropinranger":ru3c6lz8 said:
ez14":ru3c6lz8 said:
js1234":ru3c6lz8 said:
Very much agree.
:nod:

Agree, but the fact he took them that far, heck, the fact hitler was able to talk the country into another world war not too far removed from the ww1 defeat is amazing! He must've been one heck of a motivator/manipulator!!
WWI was really a draw everybody just got tired and went home.

lavacarancher":33bne2si said:
My comments were not directed at Ms. Anne. It was not personal at all. So Mr. Alan, I'll repeat. Stop trying to censor me or incorrectly put meaning into something I might have said. I said what I said and I mean it.

As far as Ms. Anne (by herself, alone, no help, etc) trying to change world attitude on terrorism its not going to happen. But if 500,000 Ms. Anne's in France voiced an opinion (contrary to what you would have people do) someone would listen, don't you think? HeII, if the so called moderate Muslims all stood up and said knock it off that would probably stop all the BS.

Ms. Anne, welcome to the board. I hope you did not take my comments personally. I don't know you but I'm sure you are a nice person. This is an issue between me and Mr. Alan. Goes back a long way.

Well MR. LAVA. I may be wrong but where did she say she was trying to "change the worlds attitude on terrorism"? If you produce a quote I will apologize and back off, but at this point I think you are full of shyt! I did exchange some PM's with her, her thread went sideways and she got responses like " be glad you don't speak German". All she was after was France gave us ....... U.s. Gave us...... Yet you guys....... No she hasn't posted again because of the warm American welcome she received....

Also for the record, I stated my comments were not directed at you but to several folks.

France gave us? Gave us? Gave us? The statue of liberty? Assistance to our forefathers battling for independence? Good cheese? Good wine? Menage a trois? What was Anne looking for exactly? A thank you.

Thank you France. There. Done. Not so hard. Fin.

bball":1f6ps1qo said:
France gave us? Gave us? Gave us? The statue of liberty? Assistance to our forefathers battling for independence? Good cheese? Good wine? Menage a trois? What was Anne looking for exactly? A thank you.

She was looking for a light hearted conversation not the bull shyt she got....

Alan":12iy9g7d said:
bball":12iy9g7d said:

Funny thing about :bs: is that it's all relative. It's what makes human interaction so superbly fascinating. Folks always get upset when expectations are not met.

bball":1wdk3xo0 said:
Alan":1wdk3xo0 said:
bball":1wdk3xo0 said:

Funny thing about :bs: is that it's all relative. It's what makes human interaction so superbly fascinating. Folks always get upset when expectations are not met.

Yea, I'm getting pizzed, WTF DOES THAT MEAN!

Alan":35hc22fo said:
bball":35hc22fo said:
Alan":35hc22fo said:

Yea, I'm getting pizzed, WTF DOES THAT MEAN!
I'm not bball but the root of being upset in any relationship is when expectations are not met. Many of the irrational blowups are perfectly rational when you trace it back to the original expectation that wasn't met.

It's quite simple. BS is relative. The things you consider BS, other folks do not. There is no universal application.

Human interaction and conflict resolution is a fascinating phenomena to behold.

The majority of time, when people are upset or angered, is because expectations they had were not met. Leading to frustration, anger, hostility, etc

When I find myself getting PIZZED, I stop and do a quick assessment. Is my anger justified? Are my expectations reasonable? Did I communicate my expectations effectively? Did I provide the necessary tools to have a positive solution or outcome.
Usually, this pause allows for a refocus and often my beingg PIZZED is my own doing.
It's all about ownership. There is justifiable anger, but I find it pretty darn rare.
Hope this helps.

Well, I can see I'm alone on my opinion, as I said we exchanged some PM's, she got blind sided with the BS she got, it wasn't what she wanted. She has'nt posted since the first. But if this is where CT has gone, it's sad that a newbie from a foreign country got ran off because of friendly American county folks. Total :bs: on your part. She was just trying to get a feel of a new site she found not the shyt some of you dished out..... Toast! :tiphat:

Latest posts