Your idea about France

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms":6qs1we66 said:
Absolutely nothing about WWII. But she did ask us our opinions on France.

No excuse to the way you guys treated her, you know good and well she wasn't going to where you guys took it. all that happened was some American bullies ran her off when she found a cattle site and hope to join. Quit tying to defend it there is no excuses for the way some of you treated her and ran her off.

Send her a PM. She was logged on the 22nd of June so she must come back occasionally.

Alan":161gr6zn said:
ez14":161gr6zn said:
HDRider":161gr6zn said:
It was not her fault.
none of it was directed at her it was just what people thought of the french which is what she asked for

I would like to see her stick around but if this ran her off she needs a thicker skin

So tell me what a young girl from France had to do with something that happen 75 or 80 years ago? Where were you back in those days...... storming Normandy? Fighting in the pacific? Or waiting for mom and dad, grandma or grandpa to get old enough to even start thinking about sex? Thicker skin my azz! She had no more to do with WW2 the you did.
she didnt ask what we thought of her she had nothing to do with WWII but she asked what people thought of france and thats what she got was what people thought of france

True Grit Farms":nls6guh7 said:
Sometimes the truth hurts Alan, you can try and lie to yourself all you want. I wish she'd of stayed around also. But don't ask the question if you can't handle the answer. And everyone expressed an opinion, did anyone lie?
You don't use an excavator for an anal exam. There are better ways.

Some of us can take blunt, some of us like blunt. She might have appreciated a lighter touch, but that ain't what she got.

ez14":41gd390u said:
she didnt ask what we thought of her she had nothing to do with WWII but she asked what people thought of france and thats what she got was what people thought of france

She didn't get what people thought, she got what a few jerks thought, unfortunately the jerks were Americans. That certainly did not reflect what all Americans thought and certainly not what others here, including myself, thought. Your use of the word "people" is ridiculously used, she got what one bigot thought and a couple of idiots jumping on the bandwagon input. It boils down to you bullies ran off a young lady, your guys actions as American representatives was embarrassing for me as an American. "Be glad you don't speak German" my azz!

Hi everyone !
My name is Anne and i'm a French breeder.
As I have ideas about the US, I would like to Know what you Know about France.
Are French only drinking champagne and wine or do you have others ideas about us ?
What are the first Words you could write if I tell you '' france''?

Thanks !!
Those were the questions asked and those were the questions answered. She didn't ask for a politically correct version, or a candy coated answer, or a wikipedia quote, nor did she ask what "all Americans thought--she asked for an honest answer, people's personal thoughts and as far as I can ascertain that is what was given. By her own words, she wanted to know which French stereotypes come to mind.
This debate is turning bad guys...
I just wanted to know which stereotypes you know about France, just to laugh!

But you're free to talk about what u want...

Her ideas regarding our own country were pretty blunt too. No one got upset, no one left, and some even said they were pretty accurate.

If I had to describe US from Our French point of view I would say those words:
Hamburger, obesity, ranch, Donald Trump, Irak, war, ranch, bad food, fast food, celebrity, MC donalds

Somewhere, somehow Alan, you--made a false connection between the opinions regarding a country and it's history and opined those thoughts were derogatory toward Anne the person when all anyone really did was answer the question SHE asked.

Alan, Maybe you should PM her and ask her what she thinks about America. She can say whatever pops into her head including that we're all a bunch of a-holes and most of us on here won't be offended or even care. If you're embarrassed to be an American just because people answer an open ended question then feel free to join her in France. We're all just jerks here anyway.
I try to be polite to most folks, especially ladies but she did ask a big wide open question and she got a couple of answers... No harm no foul. I'm sure that was not the response she was looking for but the question she asked was answered. Perhaps the question should have been more specific such as, "what do you think of when you think of French agriculture?" But it wasn't and so everyone answered the question that was asked instead.
I never realized that being an American automaticly made me and my opinions an ambassador to the rest of the world but that does explain where a bunch of my taxes go.

greybeard":d10hftak said:
Hi everyone !
My name is Anne and i'm a French breeder.
As I have ideas about the US, I would like to Know what you Know about France.
Are French only drinking champagne and wine or do you have others ideas about us ?
What are the first Words you could write if I tell you '' france''?

Thanks !!
Those were the questions asked and those were the questions answered. She didn't ask for a politically correct version, or a candy coated answer, or a wikipedia quote, nor did she ask what "all Americans thought--she asked for an honest answer, people's personal thoughts and as far as I can ascertain that is what was given. By her own words, she wanted to know which French stereotypes come to mind.
This debate is turning bad guys...
I just wanted to know which stereotypes you know about France, just to laugh!

But you're free to talk about what u want...

Her ideas regarding our own country were pretty blunt too. No one got upset, no one left, and some even said they were pretty accurate.

If I had to describe US from Our French point of view I would say those words:
Hamburger, obesity, ranch, Donald Trump, Irak, war, ranch, bad food, fast food, celebrity, MC donalds

Somewhere, somehow Alan, you--made a false connection between the opinions regarding a country and it's history and opined those thoughts were derogatory toward Anne the person when all anyone really did was answer the question SHE asked.

I don't see it that way GB, I see it as she was making a light hearted jester as to what Americans see French as.... I completely disagree with, the proof is simple... She left because things got nasty on her first visit. GB we have always been on good ground to the point you gave me your phone number at one time, I completely disagree, she got ran off because she wanted light hearted exchange of culture and got "be glad you don't speak German". Total :bs:

cow pollinater":tb8262uy said:
Alan, Maybe you should PM her and ask her what she thinks about America. She can say whatever pops into her head including that we're all a bunch of a-holes and most of us on here won't be offended or even care. If you're embarrassed to be an American just because people answer an open ended question then feel free to join her in France. We're all just jerks here anyway.
I try to be polite to most folks, especially ladies but she did ask a big wide open question and she got a couple of answers... No harm no foul. I'm sure that was not the response she was looking for but the question she asked was answered. Perhaps the question should have been more specific such as, "what do you think of when you think of French agriculture?" But it wasn't and so everyone answered the question that was asked instead.
I never realized that being an American automaticly made me and my opinions an ambassador to the rest of the world but that does explain where a bunch of my taxes go.

Better idea, why don't you pm her and ask why she left so quick? I have PM'd her a few times and know why she left.... And yes she still lurks, just don't want to deal with the :bs:

Alan":2kfq70o0 said:
Better idea, why don't you pm her and ask why she left so quick?
Because I'm not the one getting my panties in a knot over her being offended. :D I would see it differently if I'd seen anyone attack her as a person but I don't remember seeing that and I'm not reading through all of it to check and no, "Be glad you don't speak German" is NOT a personal attack.

cow pollinater":1y5e8s7k said:
Alan":1y5e8s7k said:
Because I'm not the one getting my panties in a knot over her being offended. :D I would see it differently if I'd seen anyone attack her as a person but I don't remember seeing that and I'm not reading through all of it to check and no, "Be glad you don't speak German" is NOT a personal attack.

Some of you guys are just sad humans and sad souls. I just don't think on your level.

Alan":31izfg19 said:
cow pollinater":31izfg19 said:
Alan":31izfg19 said:

Some of you guys are just sad humans and sad souls. I just don't think on your level.
Actually, I find it unhealthy on your part to be so outraged over so little. It's victim mentality. I'm not sad at all and that's the only reason I've commented at all is to point out how easily this whole thing could be taken as positive instead of negative but to each his own and I do wish you and her the best in all things. ;-)

It's not so much I'm outraged as I'm disappointed in a few who I have considered Internet friends for a few years only to realize I would never like them I the real world. Simply the young lady will be fine, I will be fine but I was disappointed by a couple here. Some of you guys are just...... Not friendly, that's sad for me because I thought them friends.

Actually, on the grand scheme of things, it is probably best that this all happened the way that it did. French Anne, very new to this site, was able to determine rather quickly that this particular site was NOT for her. She did not waste a large amount of her time. As Alan has so eloquently pointed out on this thread, several here are azzholes, bigots, sad humans, sad souls etc. It is fortunate French Anne was able to realize this early and disconnect herself from this board and the types of people on it.
See. There. The glass is half full again.
This board, as PC as it is, still may not be for everyone. Its always good one someone can see that something may not be for them and move on. That's freedom.
At the end of the day, CT is what it is-essentially, the thoughts and ramblings of cattlemen/women.

bball":27z583b5 said:
Actually, on the grand scheme of things, it is probably best that this all happened the way that it did. French Anne, very new to this site, was able to determine rather quickly that this particular site was NOT for her. She did not waste a large amount of her time. As Alan has so eloquently pointed out on this thread, several here are azzholes, bigots, sad humans, sad souls etc. It is fortunate French Anne was able to realize this early and disconnect herself from this board and the types of people on it.
This board, as PC as it is, still may not be for everyone. Its always good one someone can see that something may not be for them and move on. That's freedom.
At the end of the day, CT is what it is-essentially, the thoughts and ramblings of cattlemen/women.
she didn`t waste a lot of time here like alan seems to think he did

ez14":3h4pvla9 said:
bball":3h4pvla9 said:
she didn`t waste a lot of time here like alan seems to think he did

Huh? Been here for a few years, plan to be here longer, certainly not a waste of time for me.

cow pollinater":1tt567ax said:
Alan":1tt567ax said:
cow pollinater":1tt567ax said:

Actually, I find it unhealthy on your part to be so outraged over so little. It's victim mentality. I'm not sad at all and that's the only reason I've commented at all is to point out how easily this whole thing could be taken as positive instead of negative but to each his own and I do wish you and her the best in all things. ;-)
Perhaps it is victim mentality, but that doesn't justify the bully mentality around here

Latest posts