Yellowstone

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl8 said:
The more episodes we are in, the more it looks like the show Dallas. Has all the same characters.

Who do you feel is Yellowstone's J.R.?

herofan said:
cowgirl8 said:
The more episodes we are in, the more it looks like the show Dallas. Has all the same characters.

Who do you feel is Yellowstone's J.R.?

So far neither son fits the bill, but we're still on season one. John Dutton could be JR since he's carrying on the ranch and he didnt build it, but if one of the sons becomes ruthless, then he'll be Jock. Of course, Beth is Sue Ellen, even though she's blood Dutton and not married into it. Rip is Ray Krebbs. Monica is Pam. Rainwater is Cliff Barns.. The grandson is John Ross Jr....

And another thing, all the horse noises... They dont make those noises all the time.. Nose blows, but they dont constantly talk. I have a pasture full of horses and only on occasion do i ever hear one call. If they do, i know someone is riding a horse down the road or my daughters horses are acting up across the road.... snorts, thats all you hear...

I'm slowly making it; I just watched episode 9 of season 3. They certainly are ruthless. It's not like I hadn't noticed before, but it just keeps coming. This is a great example of there being a thin line between the good guys and bad guys.

Our ranch must be doing pretty good, we have yet to need to kill someone that has gotten in our way....lol... who knew

cowgirl8 said:
Our ranch must be doing pretty good, we have yet to need to kill someone that has gotten in our way....lol... who knew
Well if you did need to kill someone you wouldn't admit it on an internet cattle board.

Dave said:
cowgirl8 said:
Well if you did need to kill someone you wouldn't admit it on an internet cattle board.

But i'll boast that we have yet the need to...lol... and of course, we have thousands of acres and a skidsteer.. ;-) For a short time in our early years here, there was an outlaw that tried to strong arm my husband. He got strong armed out, husband takes no :secret: off anyone..... It was a battle and, well, someone was almost murdered behind our house.. which, i had many sleepless nights for a while... that guy is now dead, died in prison, another is dead shot by officers, so its safer out here now.
This show has basically pointed out that cattle are just a backdrop. They are more horse and drama. Although, i hope it kicks up horse use. Sometimes i think horse things need a boost of something that makes it 'cool' again. Our lives revolved around horses for so long. I havent ridden in around a year. One of my problems is i got a new saddle to replace my barrel saddle. My new one weighs around 70 pounds. Its beautiful.. but, it just takes too much back to get it on my horse. I did remember though i have a aussie saddle that weighs around 10 pounds. Maybe i'll go dust that off and do some riding....i do have a very well trained cow horse...

But someone please tell me about this poison clover and why it would be baled by anyone?????

Just watched the Jimmy rodeo episode... So, the bucking horses werent wearing bucking straps but when jimmy is let out on his horse, there is a strap, but it falls off quick.. and, while the actors were talking, no rodeo noises.. Been to a 1000 rodeos and its never quiet enough to talk quietly to someone sitting next to you..lol.... Back to the bucking strap, i'm wondering if its some PETA regulation for film...

cowgirl8 said:
Dave said:
cowgirl8 said:

But i'll boast that we have yet the need to...lol... and of course, we have thousands of acres and a skidsteer.. ;-) For a short time in our early years here, there was an outlaw that tried to strong arm my husband. He got strong armed out, husband takes no :secret: off anyone..... It was a battle and, well, someone was almost murdered behind our house.. which, i had many sleepless nights for a while... that guy is now dead, died in prison, another is dead shot by officers, so its safer out here now.
This show has basically pointed out that cattle are just a backdrop. They are more horse and drama. Although, i hope it kicks up horse use. Sometimes i think horse things need a boost of something that makes it 'cool' again. Our lives revolved around horses for so long. I havent ridden in around a year. One of my problems is i got a new saddle to replace my barrel saddle. My new one weighs around 70 pounds. Its beautiful.. but, it just takes too much back to get it on my horse. I did remember though i have a aussie saddle that weighs around 10 pounds. Maybe i'll go dust that off and do some riding....i do have a very well trained cow horse...
Park that four wheeler that you have rode for a million miles and get on the horse and visit your neighbors and help them out.

Latest posts