Yellowstone

Help Support CattleToday:

Ryder said:
I am not closely associated with anybody that uses that word often, if at all, particularly in social situations. Particularly in mixed company.

Same here. I haven't heard an adult use language in years. On occasion, a high school student will let one slip if agitated, but I just don't hear it otherwise. That's why it always seems so strange when I hear it so much in movies and tv. It seems like overkill to me.

sstterry said:
I have not seen last nights episode, but fun fact: Teeter is played by Michael Landon's daughter.

Great info about Teeter. She's my favorite character for sure. I can definitely see the resemblance to her father especially in her eyes.

And I agree, some people about to wind up dead after last weeks episode.

BigBear56 said:
sstterry said:
I have not seen last nights episode, but fun fact: Teeter is played by Michael Landon's daughter.

Great info about Teeter. She's my favorite character for sure. I can definitely see the resemblance to her father especially in her eyes.

And I agree, some people about to wind up dead after last weeks episode.

Her character has been getting ripped on social media for the accent. If you noticed when she first showed up you could barely understand her but now it's been toned down a lot.

I see on the Cowboy Channel that the people from Yellowstone are hosting a "Riggin Ralley" (Bareback bronc riding) at the ranch where they film Yellowstone. It is on Labor Day weekend. Turns out the ranch is out of Darby Montana. That is a beautiful area in the summer. I have been there a number of times. They do get winter there.

Just watched the season finale. I won't post any details bc I wouldn't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it. Pretty good entertainment in my opinion.

sstterry said:
JMJ Farms said:
Just watched the season finale. I won't post any details bc I wouldn't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it. Pretty good entertainment in my opinion.

The only problem is now we have to wait a year.

Yep. And who's to say they will be able to film then? I hope so. I enjoy watching it. But I can live without it as well. I don't watch very much TV at all. But when I get home at night I want to watch something besides the news and I've seen every Andy Griffith episode at least 100 times.

TCRanch said:
JMJ Farms said:

Talk about a cliffhanger!

I'm telling you! I read that it was 2020s most watched entertainment telecast with 5.2 million viewers. I bet the 1st episode of Season 4 tops that!

I'm a little behind. I just finished the episode where Rip and the guys handed the motorcycle riders their butt, then John joins in, and they hand it to them again. Great episode!!!

We watched the first episode last night. We got rid of our dish at season one. I tried to start recording them, but didnt get the first 2 episodes.. THen we switched to YoutubeTV and we got the 3rd season, but the only place to get the first 2 were on amazon for 20 bucks.. Anyhoot, we got a google chrome cast and installed the Peacock service, free, and now have the first 2 seasons...
Gotta tell you, the calf pulling scene made us giggle... so many things very off...and watching the calf get pulled then run off...yeah, made us giggle... There have to be cattle people there giving advice...yet, they show that.....

cowgirl8 said:
Gotta tell you, the calf pulling scene made us giggle... so many things very off...and watching the calf get pulled then run off...yeah, made us giggle... There have to be cattle people there giving advice...yet, they show that.....

I thought that was humorous too. I've noticed all shows have inaccuracies; one would think advisers would do a little research. I saw an episode of Bonanza the other day. A foal looked half grown a few minutes after being born. I also think it's funny how all the old westerns act like riding 20 miles into town on a horse is just like getting in the car and driving ten minutes to town. I also crack up at CPR being given on tv. It certainly looks nothing like the way I've seen it demonstrated.

This interview is interesting.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2TXFS5Vvgg[/media]

So, watched i think episode 3 or maybe it was 2.... but they were getting the cows back from the indians... The fella, i think they call him Jimmy, was thrown from his horse and while looking for his hat, he found a left behind calf... Why arent they consulting someone who knows cows???? Its a show about cattlemen.. I did not spot any Holsteins in their herd.. I just bet, they arent using a holstein bull on those fat angus cows.. Looked like they went to a dairy and picked up the smallest calf they could find for that scene.. We need a calf, someone go get one... right off the dairy.. geeze....

cowgirl8 said:
So, watched i think episode 3 or maybe it was 2.... but they were getting the cows back from the indians... The fella, i think they call him Jimmy, was thrown from his horse and while looking for his hat, he found a left behind calf... Why arent they consulting someone who knows cows???? Its a show about cattlemen.. I did not spot any Holsteins in their herd.. I just bet, they arent using a holstein bull on those fat angus cows.. Looked like they went to a dairy and picked up the smallest calf they could find for that scene.. We need a calf, someone go get one... right off the dairy.. geeze....

I agree that I think it's fun to spot things in shows that aren't accurate, but the actor in the interview I posted explains that they don't have the time or budget to always do it like real life.

herofan said:
cowgirl8 said:

I agree that I think it's fun to spot things in shows that aren't accurate, but the actor in the interview I posted explains that they don't have the time or budget to always do it like real life.

They may not have the budget but it is filmed in Darby MT. I can guarantee you it is a whole lot easier to find an Angus calf there than it is to find a Holstein. It has got to be a pretty good drive to find a dairy around there.

The more episodes we are in, the more it looks like the show Dallas. Has all the same characters.

Latest posts