Would you use this bull sired by a bull from Frei Angus?

Help Support CattleToday:

Ebenezer said:
************* said:
Ebenezer said:
Some of the worst feet in registered cattle I have seen have been on tours of famous farms and ranches. They would have been worse if not trimmed. Names of people and places has no effect on the foot scores. It is based on the cattle.

You'll have to always consider accuracy and then decide if you want to go .05 up or down as a limit on either ranking or not. Set your limit and go for it. The ones that do not quite fit this scoring are the genetics that do well on average feed but ruin on higher levels of nutrition. Those genetics can hid on a farm and blow up at other locations.

And you've seen some of the best at the stockyards?

You hate AAA, you hate reputable seed stock producers, you don't trust any numbers in the Angus breed, it's all commotion and promotion, breeders are all snakes in the grass, etc.

Why don't you just switch to poultry or swine or even gardening, and stop the mental anguish? It's not worth it Eb, get away from Angus and break the chains that bind.

Live a fulfilling life away from the burden that Angus cattle bring to you.

Don't be a person who loves to hate.
Somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, huh? :mad: Nobody else can have experience or opinions except you and the folks who agree with you, huh? So if you and BR don't say it it ain't so, huh? Sure and the check's in the mail.

You two look for more ways to get threads locked than anybody I've seen. You do not know where I've been, what I've seen, who I know, where I get information and all you do is get on here and promote yourself and blast others. As Gomer would say, "For shame, for shame, for shame". Seems I'm happier than either of you two who are always trying to tear down posters with various opinions. Stay on the Yellow Brick road. It'll get you where you're goin'.

I just said, and will say again, if cattle, Angus in particular, give you so much grief, then stay away from them.

Each week, I'm calling the AAA or using their website or app. The folks there are fine people and are always ready and willing to help, and without attitude. For you to come on here and trash them, and to cast doubts about them is wrong in my opinion.

True Grit Farms said:
************* said:
Bright Raven said:
True. I do care. Plus, it is good animal husbandry and it is good business.

Grit likes to say, "My cows work for me, I don't work for my cows."

It might be more realistic to say, "Cows work best for us if we work together with them."

My cows and I have a mutual agreement, "you take care of me, I take care of you"

Considering what I get out of them, they are giving more than they are taking.

People who talk of their cattle as a burden might want to sell out.

One other thing I may add, I've been in a business where I dealt with the demands of people daily, I will deal with the demands of my cattle any day over a human. Cattle are far more pleasant.

The prospect of making money is far greater when dealing with people. And if you get tired of dealing with people you can go on vacation. My cows are definitely a burden, and if you don't think yours are your lying to yourself.

Cattle could never be as difficult as some people.

************* said:
True Grit Farms said:
************* said:
My cows and I have a mutual agreement, "you take care of me, I take care of you"

Considering what I get out of them, they are giving more than they are taking.

People who talk of their cattle as a burden might want to sell out.

One other thing I may add, I've been in a business where I dealt with the demands of people daily, I will deal with the demands of my cattle any day over a human. Cattle are far more pleasant.

The prospect of making money is far greater when dealing with people. And if you get tired of dealing with people you can go on vacation. My cows are definitely a burden, and if you don't think yours are your lying to yourself.

Cattle could never be as difficult as some people.

At least you can kill a difficult cow without any consequences.

Latest posts