wormer pour on ?

Help Support CattleToday:

If you are going to use a pour on, I would use name brands. I have seen some data that indicates the generics do not give you the results. One trial showed almost a pound per day difference in feeder cattle. Did it make up for the cost difference?-I don't know.

Anyone ever tried Noromectin pour on? Is it a generic? It seems much cheaper than the others.

baxter78":1bhft7s1 said:
It is generic. I talked to my vet about it. He said stay away from the generics as they do not work as well.

If the generics have the same ingredients as the name brand they should work the same.

Jovid":29iptr0d said:
baxter78":29iptr0d said:
It is generic. I talked to my vet about it. He said stay away from the generics as they do not work as well.

If the generics have the same ingredients as the name brand they should work the same.

My understanding is that it isn;t necesarrily the activ ingresidents it's the carrier and the other stuff that can cause the problem.

tncattle":2nf2paps said:
Where can I order a good wormer pour on? Are there good generic brands?

The generics are cheaper, much cheaper. But I have heard that a lot of generics do about the same as pouring washer fluid on your cattle.

I'm not sure about worms, but my few were covered up w/ ticks. I mean thick - they are horrible this year. I used the Agrimectin pour-on last week and today they are all "tickless"! I guess a guy should do a stool sample to check the worms before/after to make sure... Also added a sulfur block upon a neighbor's reccommendation to help w/ future ticks. We'll see.

Latest posts