Went on a cow hunt today.

Help Support CattleToday:

Really interesting photos Dave, gives us an idea of the lay of the land. Do you have a landing strip on your place?

Ken
Not as such but one can land and take off any of our hay meadows if need be.

Where is this? I see lots of spruce and maybe lodgepole pine. Low mountains in the background. Best guess is Northern BC, Northern AB, Those mountains don't look big enough for Interior AK. I don't remember ever seeing cattle ranches in YK. As a former Arctic/Northern Canada land surveyor/geomatics tech. I love this guess the location from the aerial/bush plane photo. Either way, that's great looking country. I'll bet it isn't easy raising cattle there though.

Where is this? I see lots of spruce and maybe lodgepole pine. Low mountains in the background. Best guess is Northern BC, Northern AB, Those mountains don't look big enough for Interior AK. I don't remember ever seeing cattle ranches in YK. As a former Arctic/Northern Canada land surveyor/geomatics tech. I love this guess the location from the aerial/bush plane photo. Either way, that's great looking country. I'll bet it isn't easy raising cattle there though.
West central BC

So, by locating the ones scattered in a few places, how do you normally go gather them??? Horses, ATV or UTV"s or trucks ? Do they tend to come in more willingly once there is not much to eat?
Cannot imagine that amount of land.... I was in Hay Lakes/Edmunton area in AB years ago... and was totally mesmerized by the long trains that you could see way off in the distance and how light it was at 10 p.m.. Scenery was just wonderful.

So, by locating the ones scattered in a few places, how do you normally go gather them??? Horses, ATV or UTV"s or trucks ? Do they tend to come in more willingly once there is not much to eat?
Cannot imagine that amount of land.... I was in Hay Lakes/Edmunton area in AB years ago... and was totally mesmerized by the long trains that you could see way off in the distance and how light it was at 10 p.m.. Scenery was just wonderful.
I am mostly a quad cowboy any more but still use horses some. Cows are just like birds, they migrate home in the fall.

Latest posts