Working with Millennials.....Snowflakes

Help Support CattleToday:

You should hear some of the liberal garbage that my college students come and preach to me on a daily basis it would blow your mind.

BK9954":2u20ijji said:
You should hear some of the liberal garbage that my college students come and preach to me on a daily basis it would blow your mind.

Do you know how to keep someone with a liberal arts degree from harassing you?

Pay for your pizza and they will go away because they have more deliveries to make. ;-)

Had a really painful experience with my own grandson this week. We were feeding hay four bales at a time (two on each tractor). I got to the feeding area first and set the two bales down (in a row) while my wife and SIL cut the net. Grandson comes in next and drops the bales willy nilly and takes off. By this time I have reloaded and on the way back. I set my bales on the row I started. GS drops his bales about ten feet from the gate and back off to the hay field to reload.

Long story short(er) when we had put out the required number of bales I asked GS to moves his bales so they were in line with everything else. He looked at me like I was a idiot (and I probably am) and I had to explain to him it was My hay, My cows, My field, My tractors, My fuel and he would do it My way! Ya, I know it doesn't make a hill of beans that the hay was stacked more neatly. But that's the way I wanted it and he should have been more accommodating. He dang sure didn't get payed as much this week as in the past. Then there's straight fence building 101. :mad:

Comprehension of life and responsibility doesn't seem to rub off on them no matter the amount of exposure.
Had a Dr. (Female Dr.) appt yesterday and during our conversation she told me that there was a story about a friends daughter she wanted to tell me, but had to use the exact language so that it would relate correctly. It seems this young girl had just finished a two yr education program and acquired her first job. She had spent the first week listing all the things she would purchase with "Her" first paycheck.

The day came and after work she burst thru her mothers door and said out loud,

"Who in the F**K is FICA?"

There are good ones and there are bad ones. In my business I get to train them quite often when they are leaving college. The other day had 4 girls all prepared to learn very attentive and asked questions and followed my instructions. Yesterday I had a guy not prepared, still eating lunch, asking me to reduce my prices, didn't listen to instructions had to correct him several times, uninterested in learning stuff he needed to get certified for his job, and had not gone to the bank to get my payment. I felt like asking how do you expect to make it in the real world being so unprepared. I have to bite my tongue a lot. I much prefer to work with people in their 30s or older.

I must live a sheltered life; I don't seem to come into contact with people like that.

City Guy, that's an interesting observation.

Might go to your local feed store. They're everywhere. It's like they don't comprehend the English language!

Last week, while getting some supplies, I asked the clerk and her helper to load protien tubs in my truck...pointing to the truck, and them nodding. I went and go the other items I needed. When I came back to check out, the clerk said HE was getting the tubs.

I waited long enough I began to think he may have loaded the wrong truck and went to do something else. So, I walked back to the loading area and there he was setting on the fork truck. Asked him what the problem was. He didn't know how to get the tubs on the fork truck because he didn't know how to adjust the forks. He wanted to put one tub on a fork and then wanted me to balance it while he motored 200' to the truck....

Someone pays them to do this....

Yep we were all dumb and ignorant at one time. Then we got older and older and wiser and then reverted back to being dumb and ignorant.

D2Cat":2bkl4ql4 said:
City Guy, that's an interesting observation.

Might go to your local feed store. They're everywhere. It's like they don't comprehend the English language!

Last week, while getting some supplies, I asked the clerk and her helper to load protien tubs in my truck...pointing to the truck, and them nodding. I went and go the other items I needed. When I came back to check out, the clerk said HE was getting the tubs.

I waited long enough I began to think he may have loaded the wrong truck and went to do something else. So, I walked back to the loading area and there he was setting on the fork truck. Asked him what the problem was. He didn't know how to get the tubs on the fork truck because he didn't know how to adjust the forks. He wanted to put one tub on a fork and then wanted me to balance it while he motored 200' to the truck....

Someone pays them to do this....

I really think this comes from a fear of failing and the idea that they way they want to do something is the only way there is.
They don't seem to understand the premise that one learns more from failures than successes.

Nesikep":rz9wzus9 said:
As much as I love bashing these kinds of people, they make for very entertaining youtube videos!
I cannot agree more... You know how when you watch one YT of a particular genre others are suggested? I watched one on SJW or Social Justice Warriors, wow,, talk about special little snow flakes.

This one is out of this world.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4L-fk1dWhs&t=442s

While the attitudes of these young people is extremely frustrating and doesn't bode well for their employment unless they are willing to listen, for all of the griping perhaps we should look in the mirror or take their parents to task because they weren't raised without parents. Their "attitude" is a reflection on parenting. Not to brag but we all have kids that are willing to work, are respectful, take instruction and are responsible with time and money, I have four.

Nes,
I do admire the restraint of the guy on the couch. I can't imagine not coming to blows with the ginger dude.

HDRider":15mbp76m said:
Nes,
I do admire the restraint of the guy on the couch. I can't imagine not coming to blows with the ginger dude.

You bring up a good point. While they preach tolerance they tend to be the least tolerant and seem to be aware that people like they guy they were messing with has a lot of tolerance enabling them to get by with the garbage they get by with.

I wonder if the ginger had his man bun tied back with a rubber band or if it was tied with organic hemp twine. If he was using a rubber band I hope he knows that's made from petroleum which causes global warming.

Just watched a feature on TV about the George H W bush aircraft carrier on training mission. The Captain said that the majority of the crew were 18 to 22 year old.Would these young people be millennials. Just a thought.

hurleyjd":1a0kha0x said:
Just watched a feature on TV about the George H W bush aircraft carrier on training mission. The Captain said that the majority of the crew were 18 to 22 year old.Would these young people be millennials. Just a thought.

I would say yes, millennials were defined in 2015 as 18 to 34 yr olds. Generation X as 35 to 50 and baby boomers as 51 to 69.

Same opinion on the video, my first thought is the girl and ginger would be trying Duck my pool que, but then I realized the guy was filming her film him......things didn't add up after that.

Even millennials 'can' be re-trained thru intensive indoctrination, such as thru the military, but that ingrained and natural millennialism is still and always lurking right below the surface.

Alan":1ek96z0b said:
hurleyjd":1ek96z0b said:

I would say yes, millennials were defined in 2015 as 18 to 34 yr olds. Generation X as 35 to 50 and baby boomers as 51 to 69.

Same opinion on the video, my first thought is the girl and ginger would be trying Duck my pool que, but then I realized the guy was filming her film him......things didn't add up after that.
I wondered if it was staged. If so, they are very good actors. They were born for those roles.

Alan":29epntka said:
hurleyjd":29epntka said:

I should also made it clear, as far as my opinion, all 18 to mid 30 people are in the millennial age group. But that does not make them the "stereotypical" "need my safe space" millennial. Some were raised better in a structured home and are intelligent enough to have a little common sense. As GB stated military does wonders for making children into adults, it did for my son. So as it is with any group of people they don't all fit the same mold.

Latest posts