Work stress

Help Support CattleToday:

Brute 23":12kp63h1 said:
I've been experiencing some of that here lately at work. I'm helping out on Fracs and those co men are a bunch of moody, cry babies. They are constantly POed over some thing and taking it our on every one else. 99% of it is stuff completely out of their control. Its a shame when the youngest guy there by 30 years has to tell them to suck it up and act their age. Its like being back in high school with them and their constant drama.

Well, it is a little nice to see NOT everything in the oilfield has changed since I left it. I always figured company men got promoted (or demoted) to that position by office hierarchy just to get them out into the field and out of the hair of people in the office.
(I did meet a couple of good ones tho)

greybeard":3pc9xnhy said:
Brute 23":3pc9xnhy said:
I've been experiencing some of that here lately at work. I'm helping out on Fracs and those co men are a bunch of moody, cry babies. They are constantly POed over some thing and taking it our on every one else. 99% of it is stuff completely out of their control. Its a shame when the youngest guy there by 30 years has to tell them to suck it up and act their age. Its like being back in high school with them and their constant drama.

Well, it is a little nice to see NOT everything in the oilfield has changed since I left it. I always figured company men got promoted (or demoted) to that position by office hierarchy just to get them out into the field and out of the hair of people in the office.
(I did meet a couple of good ones tho)

They are just like cattle... you get 1 or 2 bad apples and it spreads. You get a couple calm ones to lead the herd and it helps. Most of them just think the only way to communicate is by being an @$$... and that's just not true.

I knew one older Co man than tried, but not always successful. The hands talked politely to him in person but he knew better. Told me one time "If I was starvin on the street, not a soul out here would buy me a hamburger".

He was probably right.
Back in the day, I saw a female salesperson get chewed out like a sailor for bringing the wrong kind of whiskey (and not enough of it) out to the company man.

greybeard":2yozdvn0 said:
I knew one older Co man than tried, but not always successful. The hands talked politely to him in person but he knew better. Told me one time "If I was starvin on the street, not a soul out here would buy me a hamburger".

He was probably right.
Back in the day, I saw a female salesperson get chewed out like a sailor for bringing the wrong kind of whiskey (and not enough of it) out to the company man.

Very sad. I can honestly say I've made it this far with out speaking like that to any of the people I work with. We have a great team and we do our jobs well while having a good time.

I get in trouble for going at people like that. I dont like bullies. It tends to bring out the worse in me.

TennesseeTuxedo":8eaa7w2y said:
ohiosteve":8eaa7w2y said:
Self-medicating with alcohol has always worked well for me.

It will, and then one day it won't. That's when the trouble really begins.
or it will wipe out your liver, then really give you something to stress about..took out my kidneys by way of blood pressure..

ALACOWMAN":2nvfzju4 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2nvfzju4 said:
ohiosteve":2nvfzju4 said:
Self-medicating with alcohol has always worked well for me.

or it will wipe out your liver, then really give you something to stress about..took out my kidneys by way of blood pressure..
I was mostly kidding. I've cut way back on my beer drinking past couple of years, I have noticed a correlation with my blood pressure.

ohiosteve":65f89qdf said:
ALACOWMAN":65f89qdf said:
TennesseeTuxedo":65f89qdf said:
I was mostly kidding. I've cut way back on my beer drinking past couple of years, I have noticed a correlation with my blood pressure.
I notice the same thing, when I cut back my blood pressure goes up.

kenny thomas":1xsqp928 said:
ohiosteve":1xsqp928 said:
ALACOWMAN":1xsqp928 said:

That is because you drink hillbilly moonshine.

Brute 23":i4mcmafc said:

Just go find the earthworks consultant. Those guys generally have it figured out. ;-)

kenny thomas":3at0s859 said:
ohiosteve":3at0s859 said:
ALACOWMAN":3at0s859 said:
One 25mg Metorpolol extended release tablet/day will take care of that kenny..

When you first wake up make the affirmation that today is going to be a good day. It's magic and it really helps.
Make a conscious decision to focus on one thing at a time.
Organize, organize, organize.

Do as I say. Not necessarily as I do. :?

142bhxc.jpg

Latest posts