Pictures from work

Help Support CattleToday:

Another night, another hotel:

Surely I'll fit.

The sittin area. I always wonder who goes to a hotel to sit.

Meals on wheels.

Bigfoot":3j71er1a said:
Naw I get per diam. I pocket it, and it eat canned beans and fruit.
You're quite the Spartan. I admire you, I'm not that tough. I'm afraid after a few days of beans and fruit I'd have to find something a little different.

callmefence":1qxcmhxm said:
Bigfoot":1qxcmhxm said:
Another night, another hotel:

Surely I'll fit.

The sittin area. I always wonder who goes to a hotel to sit.

Meals on wheels.

Ok I'll guess. .traveling Bush's beans salesman :D

Fence you literally made me spit my coffee on my computer screen this morning! haha

cow pollinater":1mvi50p8 said:
Js1234, those pics almost make me miss California... Almost...
I hear you. When I'm in Nevada or Wyoming for more than a week or so, I start to miss some of the things about what truly is home to me, California, mostly the Mexican food, LOL. However, once I land back in California, it seems that within 24 hours, I'm ready to be back on one of the out of state ranches.
As you well know, they are killing the golden goose in California. There really isn't a better place to do what we do from a production standpoint. The agricultural production of Texas and Iowa combined doesn't match that of California. However, our great industry is being regulated to death like many others out here. I'm the 4th. generation on our place. While I think we will remain in California long enough for my kids to join the business, I'm almost certain that we will only ranch in other states by the time their kids come of age.

js1234":1en4vglj said:
cow pollinater":1en4vglj said:
Js1234, those pics almost make me miss California... Almost...
I hear you. When I'm in Nevada or Wyoming for more than a week or so, I start to miss some of the things about what truly is home to me, California, mostly the Mexican food, LOL. However, once I land back in California, it seems that within 24 hours, I'm ready to be back on one of the out of state ranches.
As you well know, they are killing the golden goose in California. There really isn't a better place to do what we do from a production standpoint. The agricultural production of Texas and Iowa combined doesn't match that of California. However, our great industry is being regulated to death like many others out here. I'm the 4th. generation on our place. While I think we will remain in California long enough for my kids to join the business, I'm almost certain that we will only ranch in other states by the time their kids come of age.
My kids were the seventh generation of our family in the Exeter area. That kept me there for a long time and then conversations with older generations would turn into "I wish I'd have left when I was young but it's to late now" and regulations that drove my dad crazy when I was a kid have only gotten worse. I decided I wanted to hand my kids something with a future and that meant leaving. I let my history keep me there for a while but my pioneer family went there because it was better, what better way to honor that history than for me to pull up stakes and search out something better myself.

yesterday walked 2.64 miles checking a Resource Managment Plan and ran across these two turkeys.

today I was harvesting a forage grazing exclusion panel and took some shots of one of my producers grass fattening feeder cattle

but I spend a lot of time staring at this computer screen.

uplandnut":2375q3s0 said:

This would be the view from my "office"

side shot from the ground of the whole works.

My dad worked on a paving crew for years. These pictures brought back memories. I remember summer 'holidays' as kids mom would drive us out to wherever dad was working and we'd get to ride around on whatever he was operating that day. He usually ran grader, but sometimes would run the paver or the packer etc. I mostly remember it being hot & stinky.

Latest posts