Pictures from work

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":1p13g8x3 said:
Just remember not to wish your life away. Every time that first digit changes something quits working like it used to
Let's just hope it's the knees and the memory. I'd like to keep everything in between.

:lol: :clap: Fence, i hope you're putting up barbed wire. If not its gonna be a chore to roll out net wire through that narrow gap. I believe that if I was the customer I'd have taken the opportunity to clean off my new fence row before I put up the fence. But I guess everybody's difference. Do you clean out the fence lines? Or is that up to the customer?

JMJ Farms":2zhoqvem said:
:lol: :clap: Fence, i hope you're putting up barbed wire. If not its gonna be a chore to roll out net wire through that narrow gap. I believe that if I was the customer I'd have taken the opportunity to clean off my new fence row before I put up the fence. But I guess everybody's difference. Do you clean out the fence lines? Or is that up to the customer?

Well clean it slick if they want . depends on what they want to pay for. That s actually a little creek with a bunch of low brush . not to bad. I hacked it out with a chainsaw pretty quick . it not cleaned up good in the pic.
Thought about NEcowboy while I was doing it. ;-)

I've got some rough fence rows but I made myself a promise. Any new fences I put up will have a room for a tractor and bush hogs down both sides. I've cleaned off enough fence rows to last me 5 lifetimes. Hated it when I was a kid and it ain't got no better!

JMJ, just keep using lumber and I'll keep thinking highly of you. Got shut off tomorrow because the mills are full so keep using lumber wherever you can because I really need to get this timber out of this inverted hill while its dry enough to cut.

13669736_1593012557663304_5856900150458650545_n.jpg

Awesome photos! This is my man about 5 or so years ago. He used to build pole buildings but now he is in commercial construction. He walks around those buildings when they are nothing but trusses and purlins like a monkey. Crazy!

Here's a few pics of my "office", I wish I could remember to take pics form time to time, sorry they aren't better:
My family has a cow/calf and yearling operation along with a growyard in California, a cow/calf operation in Nevada and a yearling operation in Wyoming. We also keep some cattle on feed and order buy.

Some steers on native grass on one of the Wyoming ranches.

A few pairs on meadows before weaning in Fall on our Nevada Ranch.

Steers being warmed up in California growyard.

State Highway running through our main Nevada BLM allotment, over 400,000 acres of open range.

Chopping sileage for the California growyard.
I'll post a couple more posts worth.

Big yearlings on California grass before shipping to feed in CO.

Big yearlings on meadows on one of our Wyoming ranches.

View of some of our California country.

A few hundred of the replacement heifers in California

One of the cowboys gathering some replacement heifers on one of the California ranches.

Trailing in pairs to give preweaning shots on a California ranch.

Some of the cowboy crew riding out in the morning.

Creek just outside our front yard on Wyoming ranch.

Feeder cows in growyard.

A couple of the Red Angus sired calves off of first calf heifers. Been AI'ing a certain percentage of the first calf heifers to Red Angus.

Latest posts