Pictures from work

Help Support CattleToday:

uplandnut":25ztoord said:

This would be the view from my "office"

side shot from the ground of the whole works.

Are you working on any portion of I40 or I30? I get sick of driving through road construction. I admit though it looks like a tough job. I see people all the time flying by you guys probably chasing pokemon or something while your standing there 2 ft away. Scary.

No Craig I'm not in Alabama. Western WI would be my home turf. It is hot in the summer but it sure is nice in the winter to have the time off.

uplandnut":218ggh1n said:
No Craig I'm not in Alabama. Western WI would be my home turf. It is hot in the summer but it sure is nice in the winter to have the time off.

I run both those highways when I go to Texas to work. Neither of them run through alabama. Shouldn't be too hot that far north. :hide:

uplandnut":2dhmndhg said:

One of my very first summer jobs as a kid, spreading hot asphalt on the temporary exit ramps on the I-10 bridge over lower San Jacinto River --many decades ago, except I was the scrawny kid (labor) with a square nosed shovel in my hands till the dirt foreman drove up one hot afternoon and asked if any of us knew how to run a dozer. I dropped that Mexican dragline and was seated in the back of bossman's truck before the shovel handle hit the ground, leavin my twin brother standing there with his rake giving me the finger as we drove off. He got me back later tho.

If they ask if anyone has a driver's license, don't volunteer. You'll probably be driving a wheel barrel the rest of the day.

uplandnut":epvzjzp3 said:

Upland, that stretch looks very familiar....where are you paving at???

Today it would be a picture of this *&%^#$%@ computer screen. On the days when the phone rings or I am scheduled to go to a site visit with a farmer it is a good day. However, there are a lot of days staring at the computer screen trying to keep awake so I don't do a face plant on the key board.

Dave":2yft4vc2 said:
Today it would be a picture of this *&%^#$%@ computer screen. On the days when the phone rings or I am scheduled to go to a site visit with a farmer it is a good day. However, there are a lot of days staring at the computer screen trying to keep awake so I don't do a face plant on the key board.

same here

I have to go do field work today and it is in the upper 70s at 5;30 am and headed for the mid 90s with 85% humidity today...but I only have to walk a couple of miles this morning and do some sampling and take some photos.

while the weather terrorist are still whining about it on the tee vee it is actually much nicer yesterday and today than it was over the weekend....there was some breeze moving yesterday...

hillbilly beef man":23vhnil5 said:
I try to keep this crap working.w

My oldest is a lineman, I'm quite proud of what he does. He goes out in extremely bad weather to restore power..I actually started a thread on it once. A little bitty fella got it deleted.
Here's to ya. :tiphat:

Brute 23":3rv1n6zp said:
hillbilly beef man":3rv1n6zp said:

How does that happen? A storm?

From this
If you look at the front of the tank that is two pickup loads of telephone, cable tv, and power lines wrapped around it. The guy was permitted for 15 ft, but he was actually 17 ft. He made it 8 miles before the highway patrol got him stopped. Most everything that crossed the highway in this eight mile stretch was tore down. I would hate to know what the total bill will be for the repair work and fines for that guy.

callmefence":2azpos4g said:
hillbilly beef man":2azpos4g said:

My oldest is a lineman, I'm quite proud of what he does. He goes out in extremely bad weather to restore power..I actually started a thread on it once. A little bitty fella got it deleted.

Here's to Hillbilly, Fenceman's son and all the linemen! We were hit by either straight-line winds or a tornado in the middle of the night, live lines down, barns completely destroyed, debris everywhere, it was surreal. The electric Coop that services our house is actually in another county, we're their furthest customer; we called them shortly after 2:00 a.m., there were here by 4:00 and had power back on at the house by 6:30, the barnyard the following morning. It takes a special kind of courage for that kind of job!

TCRanch":3hwwy5me said:
callmefence":3hwwy5me said:
hillbilly beef man":3hwwy5me said:

Here's to Hillbilly, Fenceman's son and all the linemen! We were hit by either straight-line winds or a tornado in the middle of the night, live lines down, barns completely destroyed, debris everywhere, it was surreal. The electric Coop that services our house is actually in another county, we're their furthest customer; we called them shortly after 2:00 a.m., there were here by 4:00 and had power back on at the house by 6:30, the barnyard the following morning. It takes a special kind of courage for that kind of job!

I did not mean to Mis-lead you TC, I am not a lineman, I am lower on the pole (literally). I am just a lowly phone man. We're a little lower and a lot less voltage.

hillbilly beef man":ifbxevfz said:
Brute 23":ifbxevfz said:
hillbilly beef man":ifbxevfz said:

How does that happen? A storm?

From this
If you look at the front of the tank that is two pickup loads of telephone, cable tv, and power lines wrapped around it. The guy was permitted for 15 ft, but he was actually 17 ft. He made it 8 miles before the highway patrol got him stopped. Most everything that crossed the highway in this eight mile stretch was tore down. I would hate to know what the total bill will be for the repair work and fines for that guy.

That is crazy. :lol:

Craig Miller":3m5bu00g said:
uplandnut":3m5bu00g said:

I run both those highways when I go to Texas to work. Neither of them run through alabama. Shouldn't be too hot that far north. :hide:
On I40 ant exit 239 you are 12 miles from me. That's the exit west of Forrest City.

Latest posts