Pictures from work

Help Support CattleToday:

What do you do Craig? Driller?

20160504_130336_zpstruz17yj.jpg

20160527_164654_zpsaiugrlut.jpg

Craig Miller":3dn4qkid said:
Hopefully yall will play along. Let's see some pictures from your day job. Post those selfies Alan.

Better to drive up and see that than drive up and see them just setting the kelly back...
(maybe I'm showing my age--do they even use a kelly anymore?)

greybeard":1rbrkwvh said:
Better to drive up and see that than drive up and see them just setting the kelly back...
(maybe I'm showing my age--do they even use a kelly anymore?)

Some people still use them. The newer rigs are more suitable for the horizontal shale plays though. I remember this night very well. We were going in the hole and One of those bolts of lightening caught my attention. Next thing I know we were stuck bigger than chuck. Thought for sure I was run off.

Craig Miller":2hjokikh said:
Brute 23":2hjokikh said:
What do you do Craig? Driller?

Yes sir. On one of those fancy new rigs. What do you do?

H&P?

Prod Supervisor. Don't deal with the rig directly very often. Mostly just our Co Man.

My dad and uncles all started rough necking straight out of school. Yall are some tough cats. :tiphat:

H&P has one of their new flex rigs drilling for nat gas a few miles from the hotel. They are hitting some pretty good gas in the Utica shale with their horizontal wells.

sim.-ang.king":2ydd3we7 said:
skyhightree1":2ydd3we7 said:
Craig Miller":2ydd3we7 said:
:lol2: Sky I can't tell if your a tree man or a mechanic

Both lol I have to be...but im going to throw a wrench in on it for you this is mostly what I see

IMG_20160714_084725771_HDR_zps5vndrtma.jpg
Well at least it's in a chevy.

You have one of those mobile offices too.

I decided to post some pics of some of the projects we've done recently that are out of the ordinary. House construction is kinda boring. I like the structures we build where there is some thinking involved. Most normal residential construction is just repetitive and we don't build very many new houses because it's so competitive and there is more money in these type projects.

Addition at a hunting lodge that we started last week

50 foot handicap ramp we built last year

Dock on the river that is way up in the air until it floods. Then it's under water about 6 feet.

Another view of dock on river

Outdoor Kitchen

Inside of another hunting lodge

Shop/barn we built for my neighbor

Another dock

Framing a cookhouse on the River. All rough cut wood. Wish I had a finished pic.

Latest posts