wish me success

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
got the call every land renter loves to get this morning. The couple who lives where I keep my heifers called and said all 7 girls are missing and they can't find them anywhere. Ever since that DANG flood they have got out about 5 or 6 times, before the flood they never got out. I had a nice two strand hot wire around the entire 28 acre pasture before the flood that contained them well and now some parts I've only been able to fix with one strand which I guess ain't enough.

I'm probably going to have to sell this bunch (if I ever find them) so I can have time to fix the fence and just start over.

DANG FLOOD!!!

sorry to here about your heifers missing again, sure hope you find them. i guess you dont have another place to keep them, while you fix the fence. thats a bummer!!!!!!!! good luck . char

We finally got em all and yes I took them to another friend's place while the until I get the fence fixed. On top of the terrible sickness I'm still getting over, haven't eaten almost anything in a week, lost 11 lbs. and I virtually had no energy today. I bet I walked 3-5 miles in heavy, heavy thickets and when I finally got home to clean up I lost count at 26 on the ticks me and my wife were pulling off of me. Now the heifers are with 30 more and get all the feed they want and have plenty of grass, just don't seem fair does it?! They run us to near death and make our life chaos and get rewarded for it. I love cattle! :banana: :?

I know it could much, much worse like the 1000s who lost everything in the flood.

so glad you found the heifers.an safely got them in another pasture.hope you get to feeling better soon.

Glad that you got them back. it had to be nerve-racking missing your animals while you're sick.

i always have bad thoughts about missing cattle and highways....i pray it never happens to any of us.

Latest posts