So please tell me, who's getting rich on the cow?

Help Support CattleToday:

5 days ago, I bought a pound of Boar's Head deli roast beef at a Commissary at Fort Sill, OK. It was $15.29 to be exact out of my pocket plus a fee I had to pay on top of that to maintain the Commissary in lieu of a sales tax. A certain number of folks got a slice of my financial pie. Interesting as the devil. I'm considering trying a slow-roast roast beef next time at home to save money. I don't have a deli meat slicer though.
Now ya just sound spoiled!
Ya have a knife don't ya??
A sharp one. Be carefully and not let it cut ya with those Nancy lil hands!
Or man up and eat it like most of us cavemen. Just tear off a hunk and enjoy all that is beef!

I'm ribbing ya a lil....
Don't get ur panties in a knot.
🤣

5 days ago, I bought a pound of Boar's Head deli roast beef at a Commissary at Fort Sill, OK. It was $15.29 to be exact out of my pocket plus a fee I had to pay on top of that to maintain the Commissary in lieu of a sales tax. A certain number of folks got a slice of my financial pie. Interesting as the devil. I'm considering trying a slow-roast roast beef next time at home to save money. I don't have a deli meat slicer though.
Use a Knife to slice it that way you won't be messing up mother earth using electricity .

On May 1, 1992, Rodney King said, "People, I just want to say, can't we all get along? Can't we all get along?"
Easy for Rodney to say, he was awarded 3.8 million even though no permanent physical injuries. King drowned in his swimming pool in 2012 autopsy concluded accidental death with contributary causes of alcohol, cocaine and PCP in his system.

Meanwhile Reginald Denny suffered 91 factures, caved his skull into his brain resulting in permanent motor coordination damage, affecting his ability to walk and talk for life and needed reconstructive surgery to hold his eye in the socket. Denny received Zero in compensation.
Although LA-TV news service who filmed the arial footage of the beating later won a copyright infringement lawsuit from major news networks.

Denny's 4 attackers were convicted on misdemeanor assault charges.
In 2003 Damien Williams was sentenced to 46 years in prison for committing murder in 2000.
Antoine Miller was shot and killed in a nightclub in February 2004.
Gary Williams last listed as a drifter/hustler, unemployed whereabouts unknown.
Henry Watson 27 at the time, served time for armed robbery and later married, had a daughter and has remained law abiding after his release from prison.

Rationalizing irrational thinking is a losing battle. You wind up in a tail spin.

I've got a garden, cattle for the freezer, chickens, bees and a good life. Nothing special. No "look at me" situations. We plant trees. We do not litter. We are good stewards of our little pieces of ground. No need in pointing fingers. No need in raising flags. Life is good and I am still part of it.
I also raise a garden, And beef, venison, and elk for the freezer. Chickens that keep us and a couple other families in eggs. We plant trees especially fruit trees. We may never get to harvest the fruit from those trees but someone will. And we reap the harvest from trees planted by someone before we were born. We don't litter and actually pick up litter left by others. Daily I stand out in the field or at the end of the driveway look at our place and think how blessed I am to live here.

Over the years I have made money on cattle more years than losing money. Making enough to totally make a living at it would require more cows than I own. But the same management and plan would absolutely work. I would just need to increase the scale of the operation.

I have 'Stuart's ' in my family. They broke and wrecked the country.
Auto correct is as much a curse as a blessing.

Stewardship is not hard or expensive or inconvenient. I have a 15' strip of grass around several fields. It does several things; gives me a way to spray weeds around the fields when the corn gets to tall, keeps me from planting right out to the tree line ( the first four row get shaded out by the trees anyway), and gives the quail pheasants & fawns a place to go.
I don't waste inputs on four rows that won't produce and the wildlife gets gets a buffer. It's a win win.

The planet earth is of limited size, mass and space and its natural resources are not unlimited. The days of fossil fuels are numbered at the rate they are being used today. The glaciers are melting and the seas are rising.
Its not about fossil fuel....how much is left......they could make engines to run on water, but there would be no money in it...so the technology never sees the light of day.

Its not about fossil fuel....how much is left......they could make engines to run on water, but there would be no money in it...so the technology never sees the light of day.
Fuel cell technology. Separates the hydrogen from oxygen.

When I was driving a propane truck 20 years ago they were pushing it with lp. The only thing in the exhaust was water vapor.

Auto correct is as much a curse as a blessing.

Stewardship is not hard or expensive or inconvenient. I have a 15' strip of grass around several fields. It does several things; gives me a way to spray weeds around the fields when the corn gets to tall, keeps me from planting right out to the tree line ( the first four row get shaded out by the trees anyway), and gives the quail pheasants & fawns a place to go.
I don't waste inputs on four rows that won't produce and the wildlife gets gets a buffer. It's a win win.
Not to worry about the Auto correct. It can be a recreational thing with me. You should see what I can do with Chinese Communist
Party virus.! I have to be careful lest I cause constrictural modulation overload. Two holy days in a row. !

Use a Knife to slice it that way you won't be messing up mother earth using electricity .
I do have a Hamilton Beach electric knife but it won't slice thin like a deli slicer still. I have bad old teeth. That pricey Boars' Head meat did melt in my mouth and the delicatessen sliced it on the razor-blade thin setting. The meat will have to roast long on low heat to get like butter maybe. I cannot find an eye of round anywhere in SW Oklahoma so I will have to try a bottom roast or a chuck roast. The bottom roast is leaner. I will have to sear it in a skillet and wrap it tight in foil for the oven. I have a meat thermometer. I will have to salt the meat overnight in the fridge.

I saw a meat slicer at Aldi the other week on special, wasn't a real lot of dollars, I forget how much. I was thinking of buying one but then I got a reality check, I never slice meat and if I did the thought of having to clean it afterwards helped keep my money in my pocket. No doubt it would have been made in China, not Germany.

Ken

I do have a Hamilton Beach electric knife but it won't slice thin like a deli slicer still. I have bad old teeth. That pricey Boars' Head meat did melt in my mouth and the delicatessen sliced it on the razor-blade thin setting. The meat will have to roast long on low heat to get like butter maybe. I cannot find an eye of round anywhere in SW Oklahoma so I will have to try a bottom roast or a chuck roast. The bottom roast is leaner. I will have to sear it in a skillet and wrap it tight in foil for the oven. I have a meat thermometer. I will have to salt the meat overnight in the fridge.
Looks to me like you finding excuses instead of finding ways to make things work.

@burroughs85 , I don't know how old you are but you are living in a fantasy world if you think mankind will get smart and start limiting his fertility habits on his own. Or that they are willing to make the sacrifices necessary to have a healthier planet... The ones that are smart enough to do that are the ones that have half a lick of get up and go, self starter, individual common sense and some good old fashioned education. Those people are way out numbered by the ones that would rather have someone hand them a check every month, sit around and bemoan how unfair life is, too ornery or LAZY to get up and put on the overalls and go work in the sun, and have to have air conditioning for them to work up a sweat, think that they are worth what they think and not willing to settle for less money even if it is temporary and will keep them alive until better comes along. They want "people" to make sacrifices to have a healthier planet while they are living in the air conditioned house that is run on fossil fuels because the technology for wind and solar just isn't up to maintaining the demand. They refuse to think they are part of the problem... as they sit back and complain about the masses that are causing all these problems... yet a good proportion of "the masses" are the ones working jobs that pay the taxes that these entitled ones get their monthly checks off of.

I dare you to make the perfect farm work and come back and put it in my face.... that it is both Environmentally and ECONOMICALLY feasible....

You need to read and go see Malabar Farm and read the books by Louis Broomfield. It is the ultimate book on rejuvenating an old depleted farm from erosion and all... There is ALOT of great info, and practices in this book. It can be done to some extent. But not to produce the amount of food that needs to be grown to sustain the population and the DEMAND for cheaper food in this country especially. Read a small book called 10 Acres enough...by Edmund Morris... a great book on making a small acreage work...
This is all great reading and alot that can be put into daily practice even today...
So the question is how are you going to tell people they cannot have more children, that the population is too much... as one of the other posters mentioned... now you are looking at some serious issues of a catastrophic occurrence to cut the population back down to more Manageable levels .... where are you going to draw the lines as to who and what and where...
You just can't sit and HOPE, people are going to come to their senses... there has to be some sort of "plan" or vision or something and then how are you going to implement it??? There is all that talk about Bill Gates and his thoughts about population control....do you want him making those decisions?

What are you willing to give up or sacrifice??? Not the air conditioning that you need if you sweat, not donning overalls and going out and working in the hot sun, because Mexicans will do it for cheaper, not the deli ham that has preservatives like nitrites that are known to cause some cancers and heart issues....but you want farmers to stop using chemicals that do cause some problems, or that they use chemical fertilizers in order to get higher yields so that food is not as costly, you want them to use lady bugs for the pest control when they can only do a small part... YES a valuable small part, but they cannot do it all with the scale of ag that is required to keep food on the shelves.... are you willing to go without more, in order for others to also have a small part to survive??? Who makes the choices of who can eat and who cannot... finances??? How is that fair??? If that is the case, then I am not going to allow my taxes to contribute to the welfare/gov't. checks that get handed out to all those that won't work so I guess they can all slowly starve....I can make less, spend less and survive.... can you

I have always said that people who have children and have to have government assistance should be given 6 months to get their act together and get off of assistance or else they have to get fixed so they can't reproduce anymore. Many living on assistance have multiple children because the government is supporting them and they're getting more per kid so they keep having kids whereas people who have to support their own children limit themselves based on what they can afford to support. And from what I see the ones having kids that are on assistance raise kids who grow up and are on assistance them selves and reproduce more than the working people. It's not a popular opinion, but it is the best way to control the population and you're really only limiting the people that are a drain on the system instead of contributors to the system. I know of a woman who has 3 kids by a man who has multiple kids by multiple women who are all on assistance because he can't support them, no telling how much he has cost the government, should be a way to make him stop reproducing.
Okay, rant over! I could go on all day about this but I won't.

I have always said that people who have children and have to have government assistance should be given 6 months to get their act together and get off of assistance or else they have to get fixed so they can't reproduce anymore. Many living on assistance have multiple children because the government is supporting them and they're getting more per kid so they keep having kids whereas people who have to support their own children limit themselves based on what they can afford to support. And from what I see the ones having kids that are on assistance raise kids who grow up and are on assistance them selves and reproduce more than the working people. It's not a popular opinion, but it is the best way to control the population and you're really only limiting the people that are a drain on the system instead of contributors to the system. I know of a woman who has 3 kids by a man who has multiple kids by multiple women who are all on assistance because he can't support them, no telling how much he has cost the government, should be a way to make him stop reproducing.
Okay, rant over! I could go on all day about this but I won't.
It's a way of life with some people.
I grew up with very little, we always had something to eat and never was on welfare.
We had the woods, dogs and a 22 to play with.
My wife's family was even poorer than my family.
Me and my wife worked hard over the years and we have done well.
I figured if we can do it other people could if they just tried.
When you say government, you really mean tax payers, the only money the government has is what it steals from working people.

I am in full agreement. I have said forever, that anyone can have a first child through whatever mistake they have made... I will even give them a 2nd mistake... after that I have said they need to "sew it up or cut it off"... NO MORE KIDS. PERIOD. Don't give me any BS about their rights or anything... If they are not supporting the child themselves,,, they have no rights. I would say to just keep taking the children away so they don't keep getting more money but we can't handle the numbers in the systems...
And honestly, so many have all sorts of health problems, the poor unfortunate children are also a drain on the system. And there is also the thoughts on the mental capacity of many and the ability of some to even function in society. I fully agree that people that have to support their own children DO LIMIT THEMSELVES... they are fully rational functioning people that realize they can not afford to support or raise more kids. In this day and age where there is all different types of birth control... pregnancy is 99% preventable. And I am not talking about abortion... which is another whole discussion..... I am tired of supporting all these kids that are born to 2 parents that are not married and they play the system too to get all these benefits... It needs to stop. Know of 2 different ones right now that are pregnant, not married, living with the boyfriend, and qualifying for all sorts of stuff that MY TAXES are supporting... Just plain tired of it...