Will you get the COVID vaccine?

Help Support CattleToday:

That depends.... if I'm told by "experts in the field" that there is potentially a scientifically plausible likelihood of a side effect to giving the "Foot & Mouth" vaccination to my cows and heifers, so that it MAY render them unable to settle/carry a calf, ... possibly ever, if the "vaccine immune response" lasts a lifetime, but because the vaccine developers haven't had enough time to test this concern out yet, nobody knows if this concern, and others, are justified or not..............then no, I wouldn't give the vaccine to my cows..... and I certainly wouldn't give or recommend a vaccine with these potential concerns to my children, or take it myself (I'm old enough to be beyond my prime "child-bearing years").

That's what we're dealing with on ALL of these Covid vaccines. If after long term testing to determine the validity of this concern in your Foot and Mouth disease example, it were verified as justified, then what would be the point of vaccinating my cows/heifers? It'd be the end of my herd either way... if I can't get a calf out of her, she's losing me money and HAS to go down the road... if every cow and heifer is "required" to get the vaccination, but they won't be able to produce a calf, we no longer have a cattle industry. The only farmers and ranchers then that would have beef to sell would be the ones that had been brave enough to say "no" to the vaccine, closed and isolated their herd, and rode it out till the threat of the "pandemic" had passed.

I want to make it clear... nobody knows if this and other concerns about these Covid vaccines are valid or not. The only thing they've tested for so far is whether or not they're effective against the Covid 19 virus. But it has been raised by "medical scientists" with respected careers steeped in virology... people who have been considered "experts" in this field... with no political or financial motive for raising it, as far as I can tell. I suppose that if you happen to be past "child bearing age" anyway, this particular concern might not be something alarming for you directly, and so it might be easy to dismiss it as unimportant, and clearly then not as important as "staying alive" (for which, incidentally, you have a 99.9% chance of anyway without the vaccine, unless you have significant pre-existing conditions which render you "more vulnerable")... but what about for your children, or for the "general population"? Without a "next generation", we're sunk as a nation. If you're concerned for the future of our nation, we certainly wouldn't want to take that risk..................... and certainly, we wouldn't want to encourage the general population to be making decisions with this kind of potential impact on their lives, WITHOUT informing of this potential concern, and WITHOUT the ability to give them thoroughly tested and reliable answers to these kind of important questions, BEFORE they volunteer to take it. Right now, they (the powers that be) are just pushing this thing forward with NO short term OR long term testing, and WITHOUT warning of "potential concerns that have been raised" about it. "It's been approved by the FDA in an "unprecedented emergency use" situation. There's no way that they even COULD have answers to these important questions, because they've not had the time needed to test for "undesireable outcomes or impacts".

But if the public is scared senseless to the point of literally being petrified, holed up in their homes in isolation in fear, they'll jump in line blindly regardless, frantically grasping at the first straw that comes their way, because they've been terrified by the propaganda machine. That's the very definition of "terrorism". And we're operating in panic mode. FEAR is an incredible motivator, and those in positions of power and influence recognize that. The only way that it works though is if WE let it work............. WE do still have the power to CHOOSE NOT PANIC, to maintain our individual freedom, and to use our reason.

Step back, take a breath, .... "Be still, and know that I am God", Ps. 46:10.................... "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10 He IS still in control.
I would like to just add to that " My people perish for lack of knowledge". i think we need to learn to be our own doctor to a large extent. Most of us on this forum our pretty much our own Vet.

I'm a risk taker, I'll roll the dice with the vaccine.

Ken
Me too....I'm gonna roll without it.
And not to sound arrogant, because we all need to approach this with humility. From the research I have done.....those who are the worst effected by this not only have severe comorbitities but severe deficiencies of certain vitamins and minerals.

I was born & raised in Rhode Island - basically, all my family lives there except my nephew Phil that lives with me. Several of my family members have recently tested positive - including my 2 yr older sister who is extremely overweight. Officially tested positive, told to quarantine for 14 days - no meds - no nothing. How serious is this??? No "call your doctor" or "call your doctor if you get worse". Wash your hands and voluntary quarantine. That's it.

I am a NO on the original question, at least at this time. Realistically, even if I wanted to get the vaccine, it wouldn't be available for me or anyone in my family for a few months at best. In a few months, we will have a better idea of what the side effects might be. In the meantime, I have no problem hanging out at the farm and staying away from people. I've been doing that for many years!;)

Do I vaccinate cattle? I am not opposed to it, but I don't vaccinate them for everything. However, I think it needs to be clear that cattle are not people and people are not cattle.... PEOPLE ARE NOT CATTLE. I just want to highlight that because in some of these discussion there seems to be this idea that we need to run everyone in and vaccinate them, like they are cattle... People have the ability to reason. People have a free will to choose. Let people think on it and make the right choice. I believe people are inherently good and people will make the right choices. However, that doesn't mean everyone will make the same choice.

I don't see why anyone cares who is to be vaccinated until there is a vaccine surplus. Sounds like that is in the spring of 2021.

I think the issue with be how survivors handle reopening? Kind of hard to operate a reopened office or a restaurant or a school with 40% anti maskers who skipped the vaccine.

I would hope that people do the right thing for the community, wait a couple weeks, and then go out and eat a big steak. That is my plan.

I was born & raised in Rhode Island - basically, all my family lives there except my nephew Phil that lives with me. Several of my family members have recently tested positive - including my 2 yr older sister who is extremely overweight. Officially tested positive, told to quarantine for 14 days - no meds - no nothing. How serious is this??? No "call your doctor" or "call your doctor if you get worse". Wash your hands and voluntary quarantine. That's it.
Yes. All the doctors who have come out with successful treatments have almost all said that it needs to treated early.
but what does the medical community tell you? Go home......they've just about completely shut down the HCQ + Zinc protocol which seemed to be effective with early treatment. there was a doctor in Texas that had great success with some kind of inhaler treatment, but nothing seems to much traction....it almost seems like they don't want it to go away.

I don't see why anyone cares who is to be vaccinated until there is a vaccine surplus. Sounds like that is in the spring of 2021.

I think the issue with be how survivors handle reopening? Kind of hard to operate a reopened office or a restaurant or a school with 40% anti maskers who skipped the vaccine.

I would hope that people do the right thing for the community, wait a couple weeks, and then go out and eat a big steak. That is my plan.
I've been going out and eating big steaks since this scamdemic began.

None of my family members have "needed" any treatment. Been nothing more than a slight head cold symptoms. Worse thing is they can't smell or taste. But, it is so "matter of fact" handling people testing positive. It's no big deal. Sure would think it was a big deal all the news reports of number of cases testing positive. Oh Lord, the sky is falling!

The number I watch is the number of people in my province currently in ICU. Our province has 206 ICU beds. Currently there are 87 of those beds taken up with Covid patients. 2 weeks ago it was half that. I don't want to see the hospitals ICU units overrun with Covid patients, as of course these beds are needed for other emergencies.
So I don't mind doing what I can to not be part of the problem.

The news loves to talk a lot about record numbers but not provide much detail nor a breakdown. One side story recently was that while the mortality rate from covid has come down (as we learn to treat it), the morality rate in assisted living and nursing homes is still about 25% if you catch the virus. So to some extent, it comes down to how concerned you are about infecting Grandma for Xmas?

Posted this in a thread in the Coffee Shop. MMR vaccination appears to have the effect of diminishing severity of COVID disease...may be why kids and young adults mostly dont get sick. If you're over 40, it may not be a bad idea to get a MMR II booster. I am.

The news loves to talk a lot about record numbers but not provide much detail nor a breakdown. One side story recently was that while the mortality rate from covid has come down (as we learn to treat it), the morality rate in assisted living and nursing homes is still about 25% if you catch the virus. So to some extent, it comes down to how concerned you are about infecting Grandma for Xmas?
If you ever have to research nursing homes for a family member you will find most of them are crap, especially govt ran ones. I would be willing to bet a lot of the mortality rate comes from sub par care and precautionary measures.

Latest posts