wifes got stomach cancer

Help Support CattleToday:

There are never enough words that carry enough weight in moments like this. I'm so sorry for you guys.

So sorry for your loss. The sweetest relief is knowing your beloved is no longer suffering here. Will be thinking of you both as your journey through grieving begins. There are no words of comfort to ease the upcoming journey- my only advice is to enjoy the days when it's easier; and keep pressing forward on those really hard days. The thing that really stinks about grief is that you can prepare for the special occasion days like bdays, etc....it's the occasions you didn't think of that sneak up and hit you the hardest. It's no small feat- moving forward(not just moving on, I hated when people would say that) in this life without your wife(usually, the very best part of us). One thing I can recommend to help your son deal is this. Have him right a small note to his mom. You can do the same. Take the small notes to your local store that has helium balloons and ask them to put each note in a separate balloon. Then you both go to her favorite place, and release the balloons. Very therapeutic for children to see there words being cared up to their mom. I have several other things of this nature for kids to help. Just message me if you like. It's no small challenge to be mommy and daddy to a child, but I know you will be great. Stay strong and be kind to yourself. My deepest condolences.

thank you all..i cant say enough for all the support and prayers we have received. my wife was a very popular person wna dhad a huge family....huge...so we are very grateful

I am vey thankful for what time we have had...not angry about what we wont....

we had to make this sacrifice so she could be at peace..and so we suffer for her..i find much comfort in that

So sorry to hear about your wifes passing. Know that our prayers are with you. She is in a better place no more pain. Hard to watch someone suffer as she did. Watched my mom and oldest brother, hard. God bless.

dieselbeef":1ieltk3j said:
thank you all..i cant say enough for all the support and prayers we have received. my wife was a very popular person wna dhad a huge family....huge...so we are very grateful

I am vey thankful for what time we have had...not angry about what we wont....

we had to make this sacrifice so she could be at peace..and so we suffer for her..i find much comfort in that

That attitude will help. And I'm also very sorry.

Gary, once again I don't have the words. All I can say is I'm sorry for your loss and you and Gage are in my thoughts and prayers. I also want to thank you. Your situation really made me stop and think. And I realized the everyday "problems" I have are nothing. I can't imagine being in your shoes. I wish you both the best. And as some others have mentioned, if you both need to get away and do some hunting, fishing or whatever, I'd be tickled to death to have yall come and visit. Won't cost you a dime.

DB, I'm very sorry for your pain, but I'm glad Angel is no longer in pain, and shes home now. As you said, you will both be with her again, but I also know that doesn't always make life any easier for those of us still here. Its been a very long road for all of you, take the time you and Gage need to grieve. Maybe take him fishing for his birthday, there's something peaceful about being outdoors that is soothing for the soul. You are in our prayers for peace and guidance for your son.

I am soooo sorry to hear of your family's loss, Gary. This will be a big, new adventure for you, as you pass from going with her, to without her. You and yours are in our prayers.

dieselbeef":3mey4jgq said:
been a yr today...were hangin in there....hasn't got much easier....

I cannot believe that it has been a year already!!!

I often think about you and especially Gage, it isn't easy for sure. I don't know that time makes it any easier, but perhaps a bit less painful.

You're doing a good job with your son.

Latest posts