Who is the Top Cow/Calf Producer in the Country?

Help Support CattleToday:

Oldtimer

Reaction score
Who is the Top Cow/Calf Producer in the Country?

The September 2010 edition of the National Cattlemen publication contained a section titled "Directions." The section, which is now a tradition 23 years in the making, is compiled by the publication and CattleFax.

The publication tells that the U.S. beef industry continues to be on a path of contraction and consolidation, but according to CattleFax, in spite of the challenges, there are still opportunities. The ongoing growth in demand for protein worldwide combined with shrinking cattle numbers is a positive trend for prices and profits in the coming years, especially for cow/calf producers. The calves that are produced in the next few years will be highly sought after in order to fill feedyards and to supply packing houses.

Along with insight from leading analysts in the livestock industry, Directions gives the "Top 25" lists for seedstock, cow/calf and cattle feeding operations as well as the "Top 10" in beef packing. As you can imagine, there are plenty of names from our region on those lists.

To read Directions and see the lists of the top operations:

http://www.northernag.net/LinkClick.asp ... &tabid=171

And all this time I thought I was the top cow/calf producer! :lol2:

I like to think that I stay small so that I can focus on quality instead of quantity. Never mind that most of the genetics I have came straight out of the big herds :roll: