Where do you live???

Help Support CattleToday:

I wasn't raised deep in the sticks, but I was raised somewhere in between partially unrefined to totally unrefined, so maybe you could call it on the edge of the sticks. I really didn't know any difference until someone from out of state told me I talked funny. HeII, I always thought it was them.

How bout Nordic roots (German an Denmark) mixed with French out of Coon A$$ LA with whatever in AR with Cherokee out of OK. An got to be some Viking blood in there too, way to much temper an when I was younger an my mind not so used up to many images of things I had never seen if that makes any since. I guess maybe the Viking through the Nordic.

upfrombottom":29ofyzfl said:
I wasn't raised deep in the sticks, but I was raised somewhere in between partially unrefined to totally unrefined, so maybe you could call it on the edge of the sticks. I really didn't know any difference until someone from out of state told me I talked funny. HeII, I always thought it was them.
We do talk right, it's all them others that can't.

Caustic Burno":1u297923 said:
Thibodaux the one that used throw me was cousin as this only refers to a male kinship on the East side of the Sabine and were it laps over into East Texas.

PS I need to add a post script here after some thought Boogie was using Sha as dear friend not in my sweetheart way. :shock: I least I hope he was.
Did he name his dog Fido, spelled phideaux

Jeanne - Simme Valley":21ydh3ll said:
Would you believe, when I was a "wee lass" of the age of 4 - 9, I lived in Mesquite, Texas. My dad bought me a mare out of the Mesquite Rodeo. Used to love to go to the rodeo. Used to ride her bareback all over. I can remember long deep gully washes?? like deep trenches? would that be right? And cactus with beautiful flowers. And flowers called Indian Paint Brush. Oh, yeah, and HORNY TOADS - loved them. Caught them all the time. Used to catch snakes & bring them home too. Get the feeling I have always been a "tomboy" :banana:

Them deep gully washes are their creeks. They have water run down them every few years. :D

dun":2jcao1bt said:
Caustic Burno":2jcao1bt said:
Thibodaux the one that used throw me was cousin as this only refers to a male kinship on the East side of the Sabine and were it laps over into East Texas.

PS I need to add a post script here after some thought Boogie was using Sha as dear friend not in my sweetheart way. :shock: I least I hope he was.

You just have no idea. I do pretty good with the lingo until it starts coming out like a Browning machine gun.
A coon ass can cuss faster than most people can listen. When they start out in so called English go mid sentence to Cajun and back and forth I get that cow staring a new gate look.

Caustic Burno":3py4i896 said:
dun":3py4i896 said:
Caustic Burno":3py4i896 said:

You just have no idea. I do pretty good with the lingo until it starts coming out like a Browning machine gun.
A coon ass can cuss faster than most people can listen. When they start out in so called English go mid sentence to Cajun and back and forth I get that cow staring a new gate look.
I know the feeling
I have an uncle on my moms side that married a french girl in Nawlins when he was staioned there in the CG and I have spent quite some time down there when I was a kid
Miss Beverly could do some cussing in coon ass like nobodies business
My uncle owned a large carpet company for many yrs and he had some strait from the swamp coonasses working for him we went to a BBQ at some of their familys onetime we had to ride air boats to get there they was back in the swamps and you get them all together and you had NO idea what they was sayin

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now y'all got me laughing. One's things for sure, we cajuns CANNOT talk without our hands. To speak correctly you must be moving your hands. I think that may be why Caustic and AC get confused: you get a coon ass riled up and they go to talking and swinging their arms around, kind of mesmerizing!

Our priest begins every sermon every Sunday with a Boudreaux/Thibodeaux joke. You'd think with a church full of cajuns he'd have a hard time getting a laugh, but I haven't heard him tell one yet that was a repeat.

Jeanne, it would be nice if people would put their location - it really makes a big difference in how to answer a question sometimes.

Caustic Burno":6rbxzil2 said:
When they start out in so called English go mid sentence to Cajun and back and forth I get that cow staring a new gate look.

My grandparents (when they were still alive), and my parents can switch from English to French mid-sentence. When I was a kid, the adults talked in French when they didn't want the kids to understand. I wish I knew it, but I only have the bad accent!

cypressfarms":2wp0733h said:

Now y'all got me laughing. One's things for sure, we cajuns CANNOT talk without our hands. To speak correctly you must be moving your hands. I think that may be why Caustic and AC get confused: you get a coon ass riled up and they go to talking and swinging their arms around, kind of mesmerizing!

Our priest begins every sermon every Sunday with a Boudreaux/Thibodeaux joke. You'd think with a church full of cajuns he'd have a hard time getting a laugh, but I haven't heard him tell one yet that was a repeat.

Jeanne, it would be nice if people would put their location - it really makes a big difference in how to answer a question sometimes.
Dang Cypress...I think you folks done stole Fr. Isadore. He's a blockhead Czech but starts every homily with a coon ass joke.

TexasBred":1dfa7lqy said:
Cowdirt":1dfa7lqy said:
Shucks, Boudreaux and Thibodeaux are in the family tree on Dad's side. Even got the Bourgeois and I cannot find a W in that name anywhere :D

Shucks boogie, some Thibodeauxs found their way all the way to south middle TN. Used to work with
one; great guy. Took a long time for me to adjust to the fact that the "h" is his name was not part of the pronunciation.
Did you geaux see him often? :cboy:[/quote]

I didn't have to geaux very far, saw him every day for yrs. :)

Maybe if Macon is reading this post or if the Mods would forward it to him he could change the registration ctireria to say that a location was maybe not mandatory but real helpful if you wanted good information. That seems to be what the newbies come here for most of the time anyway.

Caustic Burno":1btaynim said:
dun":1btaynim said:
Caustic Burno":1btaynim said:

When they get to arguing it comes faster and faster. I don't think they even understand what the other is saying. They don't care what the other is saying. I don't know if they know what they are saying or not.

cypressfarms said:

quote]
you sure as he77 don't want t be within arms reach of any of them when they get worked up or else ya might come out of it with a bloody nose or a black eye

I used to shoot rifle competition down in Cajun country, always had a lot of fun. Da Cajuns can sure cook up some fine eating, a good pass was had by all.

cypressfarms":3kblgbpt said:
Caustic Burno":3kblgbpt said:
When they start out in so called English go mid sentence to Cajun and back and forth I get that cow staring a new gate look.

My grandparents (when they were still alive), and my parents can switch from English to French mid-sentence. When I was a kid, the adults talked in French when they didn't want the kids to understand. I wish I knew it, but I only have the bad accent!
I am full French. My parents spoke french all the time WHEN THEY DIDN'T WANT US TO KNOW WHAT THEY WERE SAYING. Small world

I stayed in trouble all the time because I didn't understand what my parents were saying. :lol2: Dad always called it hardheaded. Never could figure out why he would kick my ass to make my head softer.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":1jyd1rq0 said:
I am full French. My parents spoke french all the time WHEN THEY DIDN'T WANT US TO KNOW WHAT THEY WERE SAYING. Small world

Small world it is; now Jeanne as a name makes more sense if you're French - you could get that name from your mother or father. When I went back and researched my family tree I found some really DEEP french names. My son has two middle names, one of which is Jacques, taken from the first of my family name to come to Louisiana around 1810.

I don't see why it coudn't be a requirement to put where you are. People could always lie, but at least you'd have something to look at instead of a blank...

Latest posts