Where do you live???

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley

Reaction score
I sure wish EVERYONE would - right now - go to the User's Control Panel (top of page) and PUT WHERE YOU LIVE.
It is so frustrating to read someone's comments which can be interpritated (sp?) differently - depending on WHERE they live.
Please - Please - get your STATE?/LOCATION?/CONTINENT? listed.

Is Texas close enough? I am actually in upstate central Texas.

Kenny that are versions of that dialect. For instance in these parts of Texas we say "fixing to" which drives northerners nuts. I can go to other parts of Texas and here "fitna" - as in "What ya fitna do?" :D

backhoeboogie":16xczjeu said:

Kenny that are versions of that dialect. For instance in these parts of Texas we say "fixing to" which drives northerners nuts. I can go to other parts of Texas and here "fitna" - as in "What ya fitna do?" :D

Were I live there are several dialects you have Texan followed by East Texan followed by Deep East Texan.
The last dialect being a lapover version by crossing a coon ass with a horse's ass. The last dialect upon intial meeting causes the newcomer to subtract 20 to 30 IQ points and usuaslly requires a translator. I am proficient
in all three dialects if you every are need of one.

Caustic Burno":3q55uqkm said:
backhoeboogie":3q55uqkm said:

Were I live there are several dialects you have Texan followed by East Texan followed by Deep East Texan.
The last dialect being a lapover version by crossing a coon ass with a horse's ass. The last dialect upon intial meeting causes the newcomer to subtract 20 to 30 IQ points and usuaslly requires a translator. I am proficient
in all three dialects if you every are need of one.
ROFLMAOOOOO....absolutely. :lol2: :clap: :lol2:

Dang, I wish I could HEAR those drawls.
TB - are you trying to fool us - you changed your pic!! Starting to get like Dun - always coming up with a new pic.
Honestly, don't you agree it is really really nice when posters have their location listed???

Jeanne - Simme Valley":1s4amors said:
TB - are you trying to fool us - you changed your pic!! Starting to get like Dun - always coming up with a new pic.
Honestly, don't you agree it is really really nice when posters have their location listed???

What's a drawl? :D

Yes Jeanne. Location has a lot to do with why I do the things I do. We can calve in the winter, we get pink eye in the winter etc etc.

Since CB hangs out down there in the Cajun area, I bet he could actually pronounce my surname (its on the Acadian Memorial BTW). He probably knows how to pronounce Cher too and it doesn't sound anything like Cher Bono's name. Probably knows it as a term of endearment since that is what it is :D

backhoeboogie":3k369dzb said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":3k369dzb said:

Yes Jeanne. Location has a lot to do with why I do the things I do. We can calve in the winter, we get pink eye in the winter etc etc.

Since CB hangs out down there in the Cajun area, I bet he could actually pronounce my surname (its on the Acadian Memorial BTW). He probably knows how to pronounce Cher too and it doesn't sound anything like Cher Bono's name. Probably knows it as a term of endearment since that is what it is :D

I do understand Boodrow or Tibidow and mon Sha we could get off to some rated language as well

Thibodaux the one that used throw me was cousin as this only refers to a male kinship on the East side of the Sabine and were it laps over into East Texas.

PS I need to add a post script here after some thought Boogie was using Sha as dear friend not in my sweetheart way. :shock: I least I hope he was.

Caustic Burno":1vfjo9xg said:
backhoeboogie":1vfjo9xg said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":1vfjo9xg said:

I do understand Boodrow or Tibidow and mon Sha we could get off to some rated language as well

Shucks, Boudreaux and Thibodeaux are in the family tree on Dad's side. Even got the Bourgeois and I cannot find a W in that name anywhere :D

Jeanne - Simme Valley":3o4yavjl said:
Absolutely....location is everything. I think it's Backhoeboogie that keeps reminding folks that what works in his locale won't necessarily work in yours and vice versa.

Oh and the pic...that's me trying to smile after talking back to my wife. :help:

Central tx has such a diversity 0f regions and rainfall it is like going into other states , their are over 50 counties in central Tx. from one side to the other is over 200 miles

cowboy43":14da251i said:
Central tx has such a diversity 0f regions and rainfall it is like going into other states , their are over 50 counties in central Tx. from one side to the other is over 200 miles

I am one of the 50 that never gets enough rain.

Shucks, Boudreaux and Thibodeaux are in the family tree on Dad's side. Even got the Bourgeois and I cannot find a W in that name anywhere :D[/quote]

Shucks boogie, some Thibodeauxs found their way all the way to south middle TN. Used to work with
one; great guy. Took a long time for me to adjust to the fact that the "h" is his name was not part of the pronunciation.

Cowdirt":3s8xwp7k said:
Shucks, Boudreaux and Thibodeaux are in the family tree on Dad's side. Even got the Bourgeois and I cannot find a W in that name anywhere :D

Shucks boogie, some Thibodeauxs found their way all the way to south middle TN. Used to work with
one; great guy. Took a long time for me to adjust to the fact that the "h" is his name was not part of the pronunciation.[/quote]
Did you geaux see him often? :cboy:

Do you folks realize how many different spellings there are for Peveto? My first one is Pivauteaux. My ggrandmother was a Peveto. I like the way she spelled it.

Anyone want to take a shot at this one - Deslauriers?

When I get back to Acadia, Canada, I've got some real doozies. These folks were all catholic so tracing the roots is a piece of cake. I did find out I was my own distant cousin several times over. No kidding. Lots of branches grew right back into the tree it seems. I could make Foxworthy proud!

backhoeboogie":2hnfqwek said:
Do you folks realize how many different spellings there are for Peveto? My first one is Pivauteaux. My ggrandmother was a Peveto. I like the way she spelled it.

When I get back to Acadia, Canada, I've got some real doozies. These folks were all catholic so tracing the roots is a piece of cake. I did find out I was my own distant cousin several times over. No kidding. Lots of branches grew right back into the tree it seems. I could make Foxworthy proud!

I have had suspisions for some time that family tree looked like a telephone pole. :nod:

backhoeboogie":3emm0rgw said:

I know a guy in TN with the last name of Peveto. Never heard of anyone else with that name till now.

Would you believe, when I was a "wee lass" of the age of 4 - 9, I lived in Mesquite, Texas. My dad bought me a mare out of the Mesquite Rodeo. Used to love to go to the rodeo. Used to ride her bareback all over. I can remember long deep gully washes?? like deep trenches? would that be right? And cactus with beautiful flowers. And flowers called Indian Paint Brush. Oh, yeah, and HORNY TOADS - loved them. Caught them all the time. Used to catch snakes & bring them home too. Get the feeling I have always been a "tomboy" :banana:

Latest posts