when you don't have a horse

Help Support CattleToday:

glacierridge

Reaction score

Nephew with his young cow, she just weaned off a calf.
He's such a big fella, he makes her look like a runt.

She's got a problem of being too docile. Lol

Makes a poor horse tho.
Like her posture may suggest, she don't care for a rider.
She'll stand still as a statue but won't take a step.

LOL! I love her expression. She looks so thrilled :D

do any of you remember the guy whose daughter was training a heifer for the cow races at their county fair in Wisconsin?

Great picture!
When I was a kid we had a big ole Holstein cow to ride!
There is a lady around here that rides a fat longhorn steer out on the trails. Many times she has a second steer in tow. Talk about scaring the daylights out of our horses when she comes around a bend! :shock: The horses just can't figure it out, and they don't know what to think about that ugly horse she is ridding!! :lol:

Those two need to go through the John Lyons course. The guy with the Appaloosa horse, "Zip." I saw him many years long ago before all these other guys came out. He was good.

He would have these two doing all kinds of tricks.

There's a texan ranch, Premier Longhorns, that specialize in riding steers, riding bulls, etc.. They have a big ole longhorn bull with about a 7' horn span, didn't flinch with a 21 gun salute right beside him

When I ride Mega, I get anyplace SHE wants to go.. At grazing speed

many years ago I knew a young fella who had a Hereford bull that he could put a halter on and ride him to gather the cows....

pdfangus":1br0u2d8 said:
many years ago I knew a young fella who had a Hereford bull that he could put a halter on and ride him to gather the cows....

Was his name Mike Farrish and was the bull's name "Sovereign" ?

Katherine

Workinonit Farm":1r9ygtas said:
pdfangus":1r9ygtas said:

Was his name Mike Farrish and was the bull's name "Sovereign" ?

Katherine

no....not him...

Latest posts