What's your comfort zone...

Help Support CattleToday:

novaman":1yejjk4b said:
I couldn't get my alfalfa put up to hit the quality I was looking for as a result of rain. Like Angus cowman said, the rain is always welcome in July. Second cutting is almost ready to go down and the weather looks good. I can't put down small acerages at a time and get it baled up before moving on. I try to hit peak quality and in order to get that done I have to put down hundreds of acres at a time. Right now I have 300 acres laying on the ground. Sometimes you just have to take the risk. I hate leaving stuff standing and watch it mature beyond optimum stage just because rain is in the forecast.

I'm not on the scale you are, but I like your style. Can't get it up til ya get it down. I've even been known to cut grass hay whilst the rain was coming down. In fact, I've planned it that way a couple times. I figure if it's gonna get rained on, might as well be while I'm mowing. I can run the tedder at least three times faster than I can mow, so it's nice to have it on the ground when the sun does pop out.

Latest posts