Per acre land price in your area?

Help Support CattleToday:

we spent a winter in Yuma. In April it got to 102F and it probably was a dry heat, but still hotter than I am used to. winter there is great, April is time to head north.
There are a lot of people up here that own property in AZ and winter down there. They say they can take in a team roping jackpot any day of the week. I think I could do that.

Mine too but the inverse... house up 15% and farm land up 25%, last year to this year. Overall combined = +21.4%. We'll be taxed right off the farm before long. Minnesota is one of the highest taxed states in the nation. Also one of the most liberal, as I'm sure most of you have noticed on the news coming out of here of late... very sad... I oughta sell out and move to SD, where they still have some common sense!
My wife and I are talking about the same move.

My property tax valuation went up 35% for 2024! if the county, township and schools dont go crazy on their budget the property tax should not go up the same. I think the budget meetings in November and December will be busy this year.
They don't have to raise the % levy, as long as the valuations go up at this clip, they'll still be getting their 20+% annual raise in spending money. Even if you leveled all the buildings, the land itself (at least here) is inflating at an unsustainable rate. Maybe we need a law that says that the price for the commodities we raise ON the land have to go up at a commensurately equal rate......... so, we've got feeders at $2+/# today, next year they would have to be paying us $2.50+/#, if your average property valuation, without additional improvements, went up 25%.

Don't suppose that'd fly.... and I don't think I'd want it to... too much regulation and no "free market"................. which we haven't had for years already anyway, with the monopoly in the processing industry.

They don't have to raise the % levy, as long as the valuations go up at this clip, they'll still be getting their 20+% annual raise in spending money. Even if you leveled all the buildings, the land itself (at least here) is inflating at an unsustainable rate. Maybe we need a law that says that the price for the commodities we raise ON the land have to go up at a commensurately equal rate......... so, we've got feeders at $2+/# today, next year they would have to be paying us $2.50+/#, if your average property valuation, without additional improvements, went up 25%.

Don't suppose that'd fly.... and I don't think I'd want it to... too much regulation and no "free market"................. which we haven't had for years already anyway, with the monopoly in the processing industry.
reduce government spending and less government employees are the start of the solution.

They are closing down the drag strip. Subdivision people complained enough to force them out. 1st complained about noise 2nd went to lights at night and made them start closing at 8 pm. That place was there my entire life and I can remember when there was nothing out there but the track. Sad how people move next to a business that was there for decades before they got there and can use government to close them down. Hopefully they make great money for having to leave.
Wow, my mom probably called the cops on them 100 times for running at 3 in the morning

My property tax valuation went up 35% for 2024! if the county, township and schools dont go crazy on their budget the property tax should not go up the same. I think the budget meetings in November and December will be busy this year.
They did lower the agricultural market value so taxes on the land might stay somewhat stable this year but the house will go up.

I'm right on the Dallas /Ellis county line in Texas...land off this frontage road corner is $30,000./acre...but I'll continue to be the poor dirt Farmer I am. Connection to Land and God is more important to me than money. There's 180 acres of flat land "prime" for residential housing development to the north of me...and all they require to start building is a drainage easement across my land....of which I'm not giving, or selling them the rights too. I'm not being cruel or anything...I just want to get good at my cattle producing craft for the next 15 to 20 years. I have the unfortunate issue where i have to check for poisioning in water or trash thrown on my land. I am willing to sell, but price has to be more like $60k/acre or THEY need to help find me a semi-close relocation property for my cattle with all infrastructure in place. I'm too old to re-build everything and re-start fencing again.

Latest posts