Whats in the back of your truck?

Help Support CattleToday:

ArrowHBrand

Reaction score
I have a tool box, six foot fiberglass ladder, about two fist fulls of hay that hasn't blown out yet, some pieces of twine, a couple scraps of lumber, a Folgers can of nails, and a Folgers can of screws. Also some small bits of concrete and some black dirt off of some stumps I brought up to burn.

good topic...

... mine... well it has NOTHING!!!!!! first time since i can remember (probably since the day after i bought it) that it is empty. usually has a rock or two, some shoes of some sort, halter, lead rope, feed sack(s), wire, tools, etc...

i was just thinkin this morning that you can really tell that i have cattle.

i dont have a truck :cry: but in the back of my suburban is:
halters, buckets, wire, pliers, clippers, feed sacks, bags of feed yet, a cement block, salt and mineral blocks that i need to put out, a hose, and more stuff thats not comin to mind. its pretty much used for storage. :?

and my friends HATE riding in it.

There's about a half ton of chopped limestone near the tail gate for traction across the creek. There is three of the old type 10 gallon propane tanks converted to air tanks with 150 lbs of compressed air in each. A fence stretcher. Some rolls of barbed wire. A tool box in front that is full of just about everything you could imagine; from pipe wrenches to a med box. There's a T-Post driver. A couple of staves. A chainsaw. A couple of chains and binders. A rock bar, shovel and hoe. Gas can with chain saw gas. Hydraulic fluid. Axe. Draw knife.

In the back seat there is an ice chest with Gator-ade and Tea. A car seat for the grandson. A make-shift diaper bag with some essentials. Simple Green, Paper towels. Amonia for bee or scopion stings. Behind the seat is a slicker and a changing of clothes.

That is pretty much the norm except for the limestone.

I am about to go to the farm. I'll have to load some supplies before I leave :lol:

I don't have a truck, either. :oops: But if anyone's interested, in the trunk of my 97 Tracer I've got my golf clubs, golf shoes and an ice scraper. Not much room in there for anything else. ;-)

Interesting topic, though. I can usually look in the back of a stranger's truck and get an idea of what he does for a living and what his interests are. You can also usually tell whether he really NEEDS a truck or just drives one because it's the thing to do.

tool box , fuel tank,wood post insulators, beer cans, hydraulic hose, chain, grease gun probably empty when i use it next. i think that is it unless it is stuck under the fuel tank. cool topic

In the bed of my truck ('88 chevy 2500) you'll find a 5 gal bucket with bits of wire in it along with some twine and other pieces of trash. Also, you'll find another bucket (with lid) filled with various lengths of rope of various types. A 'cow' stick, some dirt, old clumps of hay and pieces of wood/bark/sawdust. A few empty water bottles & soda cans. And the ever famous 'plant-life' of seeds from hay that have sprouted and have now grown taller than the tool-box. :lol:

In the big ole tool-box are bolt cutters, wire cutters, box of fence staples, nail pullers, nails, come-a-long, hammer, 3 pound short-handled sledge, wire tighteners, tie wire, fence ties, short lengths of barbed wire, safety goggles, ear protection head-set, screw drivers, socket set, wrenches etc.
You get the idea.

In the trunk of the '96 Tracer, old clumps of hay,pieces of baling twine, trash bags, hammer, a small bucket and not much else. The rest is on the floor boards of the back seat. :lol:

Katherine

Six square feet of carpet - to lay on when I work on equipment, a big tool box, mails, old rotten hay and straw, sledge hammer, crow bar, grease gun, case of grease, oil, twine, rope and chains.

Plus - a complete set of my daughters clothes - cut off in the emergency room this morning at 0100 hours - she and her boyfriend - young and foolish - doing all the wrong things hit a tree head on at 60 miles per hour. Seat belts not on - airbags deployed - saved them both - but they are in tough shape - truck of course is a goner. No sports for either of them until probably November at the earliest so the surgeons said.

Been a frigging long frigging S.O.B. of a 24 hours now. Best to all.

Regards

Bez>

Bez>":3rvz0z9j said:
Six square feet of carpet - to lay on when I work on equipment, a big tool box, mails, old rotten hay and straw, sledge hammer, crow bar, grease gun, case of grease, oil, twine, rope and chains.

Plus - a complete set of my daughters clothes - cut off in the emergency room this morning at 0100 hours - she and her boyfriend - young and foolish - doing all the wrong things hit a tree head on at 60 miles per hour. Seat belts not on - airbags deployed - saved them both - but they are in tough shape - truck of course is a goner. No sports for either of them until probably November at the earliest so the surgeons said.

Regards

Bez>

No, Bez. Our best goes out to you and your daughter. We can only offer prayers and "good luck". Get some sleep if you can and keep us posted.

Bez, that is horrible.Thank God for air bags.Prayers are with you and your family.Hope that both recover quickly it's a blessing they are still alive.

Air compressor, fuel tank, three tool boxes, water cooler, cooler, MRE"s, pickled eggs, white bread, saltines, viena sausages, smoked oysters, greese, oil, 1/2 full bottle of Jim Beam and enough tools to fix about anything.

Jogeephus":3go7huoy said:
Air compressor, fuel tank, three tool boxes, water cooler, cooler, MRE"s, pickled eggs, white bread, saltines, viena sausages, smoked oysters, greese, oil, 1/2 full bottle of Jim Beam and enough tools to fix about anything.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ,I see you are a glass half full guy not half empty.

Family truck just has a little gravel in the back.(town truck)
My truck has a spare tire, rotten fence post, PVC pipe from a water line vent and some tools.
Husbands has a fuel tank, grease box, culivator shovels, rags and a bit of garbage.
His first truck has some empty beer cans, a kids saddle, old clothes, and I think a broken recliner. (1924 Model T roadster)

Bez>":1eofyx0m said:

Regards

Bez>

I'm hoping and praying for the daughter.

in my 77 ford i have a propane tank, about 20 salt blocks in the back of my 97 ford i have fence posts, hamers, lead ropes, a water trailer, and some hotshots

Latest posts