Undeniably the toughest men in any sport...anywhere.

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Sorry, but the top NFL linebackers, and MMA fighters, are just "girly men" compared to pro bull fighters. Every time a bull rider hits the ground, these men run TOWARD a ton of death, placing themselves between the downed cowboy and the bull hell bent on killing him. They do not hold back. They do not cut and run. https://www.facebook.com/bwtrailer.../posts/3786602601359166

I watched one of our bullfighters get rolled and thrown head first into the bottom of a bucking chute. People said you could hear it at the other end of the arena. About 100yds.
He got up, shook his head and slowly got right back to fighting the next bull. I asked him a few bulls later how he felt. He said if the double vision would go away he'd be fine.
He had a knot on the back of his head so big that he couldn't get his cowboy hat on.
Miles is one tough man!

Sorry, but the top NFL linebackers, and MMA fighters, are just "girly men" compared to pro bull fighters. Every time a bull rider hits the ground, these men run TOWARD a ton of death, placing themselves between the downed cowboy and the bull hell bent on killing him. They do not hold back. They do not cut and run. https://www.facebook.com/bwtrailer.../posts/3786602601359166
I worked with a guy one time that loved watching football and was always talking about it, myself I'm not a fan of watching ball of any kind, I used to watch NASCAR and I watch bullriding, rodeos, and cutting and reining horses, that's about the xtent of sports I watch and only occassionally. Any way I brought up how overpaid NFL players are and he said I just didn't understand how dangerous it was, I brought up bullriding and bullfighting and he seemed to think football was more dangerous. I explained to him that the ton of bull don't care about the whistle blowing or what the ref says, there's no time out or foul or anything like that. I love watching some good bull riding and bull fighting, those guys have to be tough.

That wingsuit flying has to be up there also. If you do it much no doubt you will meet your maker. One thing you usually don't get hurt though.

Pretty interesting list as I would rank them different.

Last edited:
I worked with a guy one time that loved watching football and was always talking about it, myself I'm not a fan of watching ball of any kind, I used to watch NASCAR and I watch bullriding, rodeos, and cutting and reining horses, that's about the xtent of sports I watch and only occassionally. Any way I brought up how overpaid NFL players are and he said I just didn't understand how dangerous it was, I brought up bullriding and bullfighting and he seemed to think football was more dangerous. I explained to him that the ton of bull don't care about the whistle blowing or what the ref says, there's no time out or foul or anything like that. I love watching some good bull riding and bull fighting, those guys have to be tough.
Just like most people, if I drive by a car wreck I'm fascinated and craning my neck to see what happened. It's kind of like that with bull riding. I can't say I admire people taking chances like they do to win a prize. But they do draw my attention like any good trainwreck would.

As for the guys protecting the bull riders? Tough... but more than a little bit crazy.

I bet a 2000 pound bull would take all the toughness out of them NFL players.

I've done all three. Bull riding is the only one that gave me serious injury.

Man on man, the trained mma fighter mops the floor with any of the others.

Funny story, a kid from a nearby town played all stars on my baseball team with my oldest son . His dad was a bull rider . As long as I knew him he limped and had had several serious injuries. The kid was a really good athlete and also played football . His dad told me : I wish Chuckie wouldn't play football 🏈, I'm afraid he's going to get hurt . I wish he would just ride bulls . Hello ! At least in football you wear pads and a helmet and the other team doesn't try to kill you. 😁

Latest posts