What we deal with on a DAILY basis

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman":20j8neow said:
AC sounds to me like y'all need to do some culling on your hired hands. :)

Cal

Cal, jed has culled. You dont thing he hired Angus Cowman before he ran out of all the rest. He was just what was left. :lol2:

jedstivers":2zgugwgc said:
Calman":2zgugwgc said:

Cal
The sad thing is we have. You should see the ones that didn't make the cut.
Jed I think I'm as about as close as I want to be to them fellers that didn't make it. :lol:
But on the other hand I think one might be my neighbor. None of them mention being from Maine did they?

Cal

kenny thomas":31ztbuuy said:
Calman":31ztbuuy said:

Cal

Cal, jed has culled. You dont thing he hired Angus Cowman before he ran out of all the rest. He was just what was left. :lol2:

:lol: :lol:
Cal

kenny thomas":13qcwbhg said:
Calman":13qcwbhg said:

Cal

Ha HA KT
Heck he had to get some help from above the border because it was the ONLY place he could find GOOD help

Angus Cowman":23d65oz9 said:
The Boss called me and with a normally frustrated voice told me I would never guess how smart MY help was and what 1 or probably 2 of them did today since they were working together

They hooked up 2 batteries in the shop to 2 battery chargers which I was so proud of them for
Then he goes on to explain how they had hooked the pos. cable of charger #1 to the + post on battery #1 and the neg cable of charger#1 to the negative post on battery #2 and vice versa with charger#2
plus charger #2 wasn't even plugged in to the outlet and even if it was it doesn't work anyway
now the best part is if the Boss hadn't found this they would of never figured out why neither batterries were charged tomorrow morning :dunce: :dunce:

Last week I had one of them filling and moving mineral feeders and since we had just moved the steers across the road and I forgot to explain to him that the feeders were supposed to be put in with the steers and not just filled and left sitting where they were where we had NO cattle
He filled them and was leaving them in the empty pasture :dunce: :dunce:

If I told you all the things we deal with on a daily basis you would call the boss and I liars but we have decided someone is making a tV show like candid camera or something and He and I are the only ones not in on the joke :bang: :bang: :bang:

:D :D :D :tiphat:

Never assume cowman, never assume.

This sounds normal for the "farmers with cattle" group frick and frack leading Nip and Tuck...

Angus Cowman":ckj5h5yc said:
The Boss called me and with a normally frustrated voice told me I would never guess how smart MY help was and what 1 or probably 2 of them did today since they were working together

They hooked up 2 batteries in the shop to 2 battery chargers which I was so proud of them for
Then he goes on to explain how they had hooked the pos. cable of charger #1 to the + post on battery #1 and the neg cable of charger#1 to the negative post on battery #2 and vice versa with charger#2
plus charger #2 wasn't even plugged in to the outlet and even if it was it doesn't work anyway
now the best part is if the Boss hadn't found this they would of never figured out why neither batterries were charged tomorrow morning :dunce: :dunce:

Last week I had one of them filling and moving mineral feeders and since we had just moved the steers across the road and I forgot to explain to him that the feeders were supposed to be put in with the steers and not just filled and left sitting where they were where we had NO cattle

If I told you all the things we deal with on a daily basis you would call the boss and I liars but we have decided someone is making a tV show like candid camera or something and He and I are the only ones not in on the joke :bang: :bang: :bang:

AC and Jed I feel your pain. Boy did we have some really losers working for us at the dairy at times. You interview them, check their references and as soon as you hire them they turn into complete ,useless aholes, that end up breaking machinery and costing you thousands.

I think I would rather have someone working for me that I had to micro manage though than someone who takes the initiative to do things on their own and ends up costing you out the wazoo . :???:

I remember I was looking for a job about 10 years ago and saw that someone was looking for someone to tend to his cows and calving while he attended a conference (shorthorn association), and he got a few callers, he called one back and got his wife, so he asked her some questions like "Has he ever had experience calving out cows"... the answer was "No, but he learns really quickly"... his answer, the best, was "if you were giving birth, would you want a doctor who is experience or who learns quickly" The point was taken, then I showed up and we had a good calving season.

Another story is more of a language barrier story, I was working at a steel fabrication shop and a phillipino guy comes into the office and says "do you have any ceasars?", my buddy looks at him and says, "no, theres beer in the fridge though".. "nooooo. SEEESARS!"... "What???? OOOH Scissors!!!"
This is the same guy who hit his wedding ring with the MIG welder and needed my help to cut the ring off his hand... musta caught hell from his old lady for that one!

JustSimmental":2m9kur7f said:
This sounds normal for the "farmers with cattle" group frick and frack leading Nip and Tuck...

Angus Cowman":2m9kur7f said:

Well Ed when you start paying my bills you can tell us what we ought to do/grow.

I will have to agree with the boss on this one Ed
I probably have more yrs experience running cattle and larger numbers than most on these boards and the Boss sure ain't unfamiliar with it either
as several on these boards can attest too
and The boss can sure tell ya I AIN"T NO FARMER :lol: :lol:

Angus Cowman":1xrjh6g3 said:
I probably have more yrs experience running cattle and larger numbers than most on these boards and the Boss sure ain't unfamiliar with it either

Oh well, you turned into a flatlander maybe with time you can become a dirt farmer. :lol2: :lol2:

kenny thomas":vlt1ore7 said:
Angus Cowman":vlt1ore7 said:

Oh well, you turned into a flatlander maybe with time you can become a dirt farmer. :lol2: :lol2:
It's a daily battle :bang: :bang:

Latest posts