What we deal with on a DAILY basis

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Cowman

Reaction score
the Great State of Mental Distress ( Florida)
The Boss called me and with a normally frustrated voice told me I would never guess how smart MY help was and what 1 or probably 2 of them did today since they were working together

They hooked up 2 batteries in the shop to 2 battery chargers which I was so proud of them for
Then he goes on to explain how they had hooked the pos. cable of charger #1 to the + post on battery #1 and the neg cable of charger#1 to the negative post on battery #2 and vice versa with charger#2
plus charger #2 wasn't even plugged in to the outlet and even if it was it doesn't work anyway
now the best part is if the Boss hadn't found this they would of never figured out why neither batterries were charged tomorrow morning :dunce: :dunce:

Last week I had one of them filling and moving mineral feeders and since we had just moved the steers across the road and I forgot to explain to him that the feeders were supposed to be put in with the steers and not just filled and left sitting where they were where we had NO cattle
He filled them and was leaving them in the empty pasture :dunce: :dunce:

If I told you all the things we deal with on a daily basis you would call the boss and I liars but we have decided someone is making a tV show like candid camera or something and He and I are the only ones not in on the joke :bang: :bang: :bang:

Angus Cowman":qypyqadz said:
The Boss called me and with a normally frustrated voice told me I would never guess how smart MY help was and what 1 or probably 2 of them did today since they were working together

They hooked up 2 batteries in the shop to 2 battery chargers which I was so proud of them for
Then he goes on to explain how they had hooked the pos. cable of charger #1 to the + post on battery #1 and the neg cable of charger#1 to the negative post on battery #2 and vice versa with charger#2
plus charger #2 wasn't even plugged in to the outlet and even if it was it doesn't work anyway
now the best part is if the Boss hadn't found this they would of never figured out why neither batterries were charged tomorrow morning :dunce: :dunce:

Last week I had one of them filling and moving mineral feeders and since we had just moved the steers across the road and I forgot to explain to him that the feeders were supposed to be put in with the steers and not just filled and left sitting where they were where we had NO cattle
He filled them and was leaving them in the empty pasture :dunce: :dunce:

If I told you all the things we deal with on a daily basis you would call the boss and I liars but we have decided someone is making a tV show like candid camera or something and He and I are the only ones not in on the joke :bang: :bang: :bang:

I'm sure there are plans at the highest level of government to take over the farm and have you guys work for your current employees. You know "change".

Larry

Lar

7b0f2df3.jpg

I had to take a picture.

I bet the help is on another board talking about how you guys aren't ever gonna learn to just let them go home early on Friday. They ain't gonna do nothing no how so why not. Besides, they will make up for their leaving early by coming in late on Monday. How much better can I splain it to you than that?

Jogeephus":38aonkvk said:
I bet the help is on another board talking about how you guys aren't ever gonna learn to just let them go home early on Friday. They ain't gonna do nothing no how so why not. Besides, they will make up for their leaving early by coming in late on Monday. How much better can I splain it to you than that?
I can imagine what they are doing right now and it ain't got nothing with a computer. They actually have to come in tomarrow and I told them (yeah I know) to be sober and not hungover or still high on crack. :bang: :bang: :bang: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :bang:

One of my co workers at my old work was trying to drill a hole in some 3x6 channel, wouldn't work, so he asked me to sharpen the bit, which i did, he goes back to it and it still doesn't work, when I realize the drill is turning the wrong way *sigh*

Then I had some fun with the machinists at the shop (supposedly smarter people), and handed them some left handed drill bits to sharpen (yes, unlike left handed crescent wrenches they exist) and they couldn't figure out what was so damned weird about them

My day was topped off by a discussion with a professor about the weather. He had asked me to help him burn some land after lunch and it had become very overcast and was threatening rain. Smoke is a major concern due to the proximity of two highways near the property and with an inversion and 90% humidity I told him I didn't want to set it off since the mixing height was only going to be about 100 feet and we would smoke the highways in - on a Friday afternoon no less. He began to argue with me because he had a weather forecast he had printed out from the computer on Thursday stating it was going to be nice and clear with a good breeze. I checked my weather on the phone and it showed a mixing height of 40 feet and told him this was way to low and I doubted the forestry folks would even grant us a permit. He snapped back that they had already given him a permit. :shock: I said fine, we can fire it up then cause you're the one that's gonna get sued not me. He back peddled and said, "well your the expert". I said, "maybe, but you ain't listening to me are you?" ****ing stupid mother ****ers. Don't you just love people who ask you for advice and argue with you every step of the way? :mad:

Yea like when Isom asks me every day how many more times he is gonna have to do 3rd grade and I tell him he oughta make it out this year and he says no I'm gonna need at least two more tries. :cowboy:

The guy charging the battery sounds like a guy that worked for me years ago, sent him to change a flat, he gets there and calls me back asking how to get if off. I asked him if you took the jack with him and he said no, why?

They thought I wasn't around yesterday and the Boss had them checking an electric fence for shorts and weeds
I had pulled in and was helping the Boss when Johnny calls the boss and tells him that a gate or section of fence was laying on the ground popping and was wondering what he should do about it

I know now why Jed wanted me to come help him it wasn't the work it was just so he could take a break from the help and push them of on me

His phone will ring and he will hand it to me and say its your help talk to them then he gave them MY phone #

Thats ok I am gettiing even he thinks i am going to be moving out of the big house shortly I have a surprise for him
I AM STAYING FOREVER

I don't have regular help here on the place, but had an interesting incident with an employee at my day job. He had borrowed a chainsaw from his BIL, to do a bit of tree limb trimming around his house. BIL gave him the file and told him it would probably need sharpened. This was on a Saturday, and he called me at home to tell me he couldn't get the saw to cut; well, it cut the first time he used it, but not well, so he sharpened it, and now it won't cut at all. We discussed his sharpening method, and learned that he was removing the chain from the bar to sharpen it. :???: I explained to him the procedure and went on with my week end.
Monday morning this fellow shows up at work with chainsaw in one hand, file in the other, wanting a demo on sharpening procedure. I took the saw (nice newer Stihl), and began walking to a work bench.......that's when I noticed the chain was on backwards. WTF? Are you serious?
This guy is a mechanic; a licensed aircraft mechanic. Scary sheet. Didn't last long

Ouachita":2gf0c2he said:
I don't have regular help here on the place, but had an interesting incident with an employee at my day job. He had borrowed a chainsaw from his BIL, to do a bit of tree limb trimming around his house. BIL gave him the file and told him it would probably need sharpened. This was on a Saturday, and he called me at home to tell me he couldn't get the saw to cut; well, it cut the first time he used it, but not well, so he sharpened it, and now it won't cut at all. We discussed his sharpening method, and learned that he was removing the chain from the bar to sharpen it. :???: I explained to him the procedure and went on with my week end.
Monday morning this fellow shows up at work with chainsaw in one hand, file in the other, wanting a demo on sharpening procedure. I took the saw (nice newer Stihl), and began walking to a work bench.......that's when I noticed the chain was on backwards. WTF? Are you serious?
This guy is a mechanic; a licensed aircraft mechanic. Scary sheet. Didn't last long
Remind me not to fly on a plane he works on. :lol2:

Latest posts