What we deal with on a DAILY basis

Help Support CattleToday:

Start the story with "WHY" some fool would mix methanol and cooking oil. :D
"Because they were there, along with a 30 pack" will be considered a sufficient answer.
I've followed this thread since the beginning. Maybe you told this. If you did I blanked on that, and I'm sorry.

haha I would really appreciate the long version.
I can't really for the life of me think why you be mixing methonal and cooking oil, other than trying to create some alternative type of fuel? please explain?

Yep. Making Biodiesel. Spark from drill motor, meyhanol and lye as a catylyst. Emergency room and a tub of silvadene. Lesson learned. The Internet lies. It's wasn't safe

Well, young, dumb, broke, desperate, and getting bad info on a new idea from a reliable site all added up to a doctor bill.

In retrospect, I'd put the deal right up there with the other idiots.
But hey, I went back to it the next day, bandages and all, and ended up helping redefine the biodiesel field with new ideas and techniques. If you google htae ( high temp acid esterfication) and biodiesel , me and 2 other guys did the groundwork on it.
I ran 100 % bio for 80k miles and that alone kept me afloat.

Dave":21n2e0za said:
Dairy down the road from me had a truck that the gas guage didn't work. So an employee took off the cap and lit and match so he could see how much gas was in the tank. He was airlifted to the trauma center up in Seattle but he did manage to survived the explosion. The old truck didn't.
We had one a few years back where a seasoned welder climbed down into a huge underground gas storage tank and tried to weld on it. He blew up half a block and nobody has ever figured out WHY someone with that much experiance would ever do something so dumb. It was even suggested that he had a death wish but there was no evidence of that.

Last year i pulled up on four hispanic workers on one of my larger dairies that were standing around a mid nineties truck that was stalled out in the middle of the feed alley with the hood up. They were jabbering back and forth in spanish and I kept hearing something about paper towels that brought about considerable debate but I figured it was my poor spanish playing with my imagination.
Later that week the owner of the dairy told me that his foreman had lost the gas cap on his truck so he decided to shove a bunch of paper towels in the diesel tank spout. He admited that the first two wads of towels disapered but he was sure that they fell out instead of in so he replaced it with more towels and then it rained heavy and the towels just melted down into the diesel tank along with an inch or two of rainwater. :lol:

Angus Cowman":1rtqjted said:
well one of our employees called in today and said he would be here in the morning to work
seems they decided to go ahead and let him out of jail again was cheaper to let him go than to feed him
Yeah we get a full crew tomarrow, I can't wait. :bang:

jedstivers":1825vjs3 said:
Angus Cowman":1825vjs3 said:
well one of our employees called in today and said he would be here in the morning to work
seems they decided to go ahead and let him out of jail again was cheaper to let him go than to feed him
I can go somewhere else and not show up if that helps ya any :lol: :lol:

Angus Cowman":2jvp1xwm said:
jedstivers":2jvp1xwm said:
Angus Cowman":2jvp1xwm said:
I can go somewhere else and not show up if that helps ya any :lol: :lol:
See?

1982vett":2h9ib2w5 said:
Enjoy your day off AC.....as you know, down here, "see" = yes.... ;-)
Didn't take the day off spent most of the day taking wheels and axles off of a dirt pan so I can replace all the bearings in it

as for our good help that just got released again
I asked him how long he had on parole he said until 2055 he will be 86 yrs old when he gets off of Parole plus he already spent 12 or 13 yrs in custody on an 8yr sentence
I guess you could say he is an Overacheiver
and believe it or not he doesn't do drugs
I am betting Employee#2 (Jeds adopted son :lol2:) shows up either drunk or High in the morning and won't be worth shooting

Is it that hard to find good help there? I know it is here. I'll work myself to death before I babysit someone else ever again

Latest posts